KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » It wasn't as bad as I have been hearing

It wasn't as bad as I have been hearing
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Who else thought 3 was a BIG disappointment.

I did.

I've seen worse comic adaptations man. Spawn WTF was that? Batman and Robin, nuff said? Captain America, one of the worst for sure.

Thats what I've trying to say since my first post. Movies are not the best way to faithfully adapt these kinds of characters.

Sure 300 worked, but how many issues of 300 are there compared to Spider-man's 40+ year history?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 03:02 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I base my entire review on the only reason worth going to see Spider-Man 3, and that was Venom, most people went to see it because of Venom and look at him, what a disappointment.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 01:17 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

It could've been worse....'nuff said

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 01:19 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Oh yes they could have saved venom until the end, and then make him the Star of 4 that could have been much worse.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 01:30 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

I base my entire review on the only reason worth going to see Spider-Man 3, and that was Venom, most people went to see it because of Venom and look at him, what a disappointment.

I think "most" people went to see Spider-man lol "Most" people will go see Venom when his spin movie is made stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 01:30 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I doubt that is the case, and the Venom film may yet be canceled like the first attempt.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 01:39 PM
Sparkz

I doubt that is the case, and the Venom film may yet be canceled like the first attempt.

Does that mean you didn't go to see the first 2 Spidey films?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 02:32 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I got SM2 on special edition DVD, the one with the reprint of issue 50# and the official artwork and illustration's, and the Post cards along with the DVD.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 02:36 PM
Sparkz

I got SM2 on special edition DVD, the one with the reprint of issue 50# and the official artwork and illustration's, and the Post cards along with the DVD.

Oh so your not much of a Spider-man fan then? More of a Venom man?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 02:39 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Yes Sir, But when I see collectible material well.....

Yes I used to get Spider-man just for Venom and mysterio, however I have come to appreciate more villains other then these two, I only collect the old issues, sometimes I buy the new ones.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 02:46 PM
Sparkz

Yes Sir, But when I see collectible material well.....

Yes I used to get Spider-man just for Venom and mysterio, however I have come to appreciate more villains other then these two, I only collect the old issues, sometimes I buy the new ones.

lol I don't think I'v ever seen someone to collect a comic solely because they like the villains, though I can't knock your taste in villains I love the old classics myself lol

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 03:36 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I always like the Villains more, I have never liked the heroes as much as the villains, they can be more fun and push the boundaries more then the heroes, they also have that extra freedom and can do things the heroes cannot.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 05:19 PM
PRAYERRUN

Ok so Venom wasn't as big as he is in the comics, but I still liked who they got too play Eddie Brock. I was afraid Venom was just going too look like Black Spiderman but I was actually pleased....just change his voice when he's Venom and make him a little bigger, and he'd be perfect.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:50 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I don't think so my friend, there was allot of work to be done with him.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:55 PM
General_Iroh
White Guy

I don't think so my friend, there was allot of work to be done with him.

Topher Grace did a great job with what he was given. He wasn't going to bulk up 80 pounds before the movie we all knew that, that's not his fault. Nothing wrong with Venom was his fault it was all raimi's because he's prejudiced against Venom. In any case I thought he looked great. The whole screeching thing should've been tossed though.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 06:06 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

Topher Grace did a great job as Venom.

The only way that Topher Grace would have gained a lot of muscle in a short period of time would be if he used steriods, but I doubt he would be that desperate.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 06:11 AM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Me too.

I guess he worked with what he was given, and that was not much.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 09:09 AM