KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » British Heroes

British Heroes
Started by: grey fox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
There's nothing to blame you for. smile

Anyways, anything more to be said on this topic?

There aren't any German characters (as far as I watched) and we havve twice the population of England.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 01:55 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Write a complaint!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 06:22 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ordained
I thought that this was thread for the British version of Heroes because of the title. Don't blame me for anything.

Who are the main characters in this series and what are their powers?

^That is what I was referring to. ^That was what originally derailed the topic.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 02:37 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yay, lets ban Ordained.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2007 02:38 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yes, lets. Or perhaps nmensfinest.

But onto the topic of British Heroes, I would like to reiterate that Heroes should, ideally, not plausibly, be from all over the world, not just America or any English speaking countries (such as Great Britain, witness the "Great" their") but places relevant to the social concerns of today. Saying that, Eccleston's a better actor than the rest of the cast.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 12:10 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

You got Invisible man, Samurai Takeshi and Suresh...who, technically is indian...which, technically is British anyways, innit?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 12:15 AM
exanda kane

Aye, although only Claude and Linderman are actually British. Still, should be more Heroes of non-US and British origin.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 01:16 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

WE're not watching for the British....we're watching for the powers.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 01:34 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by exanda kane
Aye, although only Claude and Linderman are actually British. Still, should be more Heroes of non-US and British origin.

I actually think Britain has enough, what about France, Germany, Spain, China. Also Africa...etc.

Though, I think they do have a lot of many cultural influences already in it. And it makes sense that most are US American in a way...the company is there, that's where the original twelve seem to have met, most influential country in the world, etc.

Originally posted by InnerRise
WE're not watching for the British....we're watching for the powers.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

A-and the story.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 01:37 AM
exanda kane

That's exactly what I said Bardock42, and no, it's simply the characterisation that marks it apart.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 01:47 AM
Bardock42

That's exactly what I said Bardock42, and no, it's simply the characterisation that marks it apart.
That's good, we agree then.

Not sure what you meant with the second. If you mean that the Characters and the Character developement are a stron point of the show, I would agree. But the story and of course also the cool powers are an up to.

Actually...I mostly watch for the story.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 01:55 AM
exanda kane

I was countering what whathisname said whenever, and yeah, et cetera, et cetera. But yes, we agree. I really hoped a Season 2 would establish some Heroes from other nationalities, other scenarios. Alas, no.

I watch Heroes to see how the characters cope with the story; it's the characters who have propelled Heroes as a TV show rather than a comic book, the characters which have given it's success, of course, the attraction of superpowers lends appeal too, but it's the sense that the comic book has been given a grown up, adult tone that allows it to become a big US show. Still, the writing's a bit dodgy.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 03:12 AM
Bardock42

I was countering what whathisname said whenever, and yeah, et cetera, et cetera. But yes, we agree. I really hoped a Season 2 would establish some Heroes from other nationalities, other scenarios. Alas, no.

I watch Heroes to see how the characters cope with the story; it's the characters who have propelled Heroes as a TV show rather than a comic book, the characters which have given it's success, of course, the attraction of superpowers lends appeal too, but it's the sense that the comic book has been given a grown up, adult tone that allows it to become a big US show. Still, the writing's a bit dodgy.

Well, there are the two from the Dominican Republic, the Brit in feudal japan, parts of the story in Ireland and Russia...it's not bad, but I agree there could be more.

Well, I suppose it gave Comic Book stories a broader appeal...though of course Comic Books themselves have storylines that can appeal to adult audiences....that can be seen by parts of Heroes copying Watchmen themes.

What do you mean with the writing being dodgy?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 03:26 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by nmensfinest
What originally derailed the topic was your incorrect statement, not anything Ordained did.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 04:44 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

As Ordained stated, that was confusion, not deliberate derailment.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 06:52 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Strangelove
What originally derailed the topic was your correct statement, not anything Ordained did.

Don't be dense. Many of us played are part in the derailment of the topic (Ordained, myself, Exanda Kane, and Ushgarak) so it can hardly be blamed on one person, but as for who "originally" derailed the topic, Ordained was the first person to bring up anything not to do with the topic, which essentially triggered the off topic discussion.

Originally posted by Captain Rex
As Ordained stated, that was confusion, not deliberate derailment.

As Ordained made clear, he had absolutely no idea what I meant when I said that it was he who derailed the topic.

I thought that this was thread for the British version of Heroes because of the title. Don't blame me for anything.

He appears to think that I was accusing him of being off topic by talking about the British Heroes (which exactly is the topic, and that would be a wrong accusation) and appears to have forgotten his original question (which actually did derail the thread):

Who are the main characters in this series and what are their powers?

Also, whether intentional or not, he still originally derailed the thread, ergo you made a false claim (when saying that I originally derailed the thread). Own up.

By the way, try backing up your views in the Star Wars section a bit more; opinions are fun, but justification is even better.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 11:07 AM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Solve this in PM's kiddo.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 12:19 PM
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Call me a kiddo ever again, and I'll force you to watch Hentai.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 02:06 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
A-and the story.
O-Of C-c-c-Course.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 02:10 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Call me a kiddo ever again, and I'll force you to watch Hentai.

Save it for school kiddo.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 02:13 PM