KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » my new poems

my new poems
Started by: XvampbenjiiX666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King of Blades
The King

Forgive me Fëanor, you know my abilities as a wordsmith pale in comparison to you...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fëanor I'm reminded of a sophomoric attempt at a blatant redemption for guilt without guile. Your words to express your thoughts and feelings feels trite and heavy handed, touched with insincerity that my brain rides in a tumultuous conundrum. Express yourself without expressing yourself with excess.

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666 thank you Lara and Scythe...umm i'm slow in the summer and i have no clue at what the Hell that guy was trying to tell me

He says your poem reminds him of a “youthful” (and I stretch that word) try at relieving some guilt ignorantly, or foolishly. Your attempt to express your emotions sounds corny and awkward, with hints of exaggeration (unless you know the term artificiality, from which the latter would be of better use), that my mind spins in trying to understand this chaotic story. Tell your story, but tell your story humbly.

Originally posted by Fëanor Then what would be the point of one submitting a prosaic verbal tirade if one is not wanting one's opinion whether it's for or against? If you expose yourself to the world in whatever way, then it is quite often that one must endure ridicule or accolades. And it doesn't matter if said submitter of verse wanted or required an opinion of one's work, it is there for those to opine an opinion. The saying goes: One does not become better when one only hears what they want to hear and if all they hear are: great job! awesome work! dude...you are by far...da bomb! Do you see where I'm going with this? So telling me to NOT read it, is like Michelangelo telling the people to NOT gawp at the Pieta, which to me is an incredible piece or work.

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666 ...

He’s asking why is it you submit your poems in the public. Any form of sharing opens itself up to the possibility of getting an opinion you don’t actually accept. But hence the bitter sweetness of the whole scenario. Some opinions are harsh so that you can get better. Because if every time you did something, right or wrong, well or terribly, and you got nothing but praise, you’d never become anything more. So in telling Fëanor to not read your poems is like Michelangelo telling the people not to look at the Pieta, which I agree with Fëanor, is an incredible piece of work.

To speak honestly I somewhat agree with Fëanor both about the criticism and in the defense. Don’t post anything if your not willing to hear the worst. Post for the worst, rejoice for everything better.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 10:41 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

..i never said i didn't want criticism...

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 02:15 AM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

there is critisim and there is constructive critisim and I have to say that Feanor's post was not the latter!

if your going to critic work, be objective about it. dont just say you dont like it, say WHY you dont like it.

anyways art and literature is all about the "reaction" not the "opinion" what ever that reation may be, it is there, its free and its begging to be tapped wether is be shock, disgust, amazement or other wise.

I've never seen the Pieta. no expression

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 10:35 AM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

...i wonder if anyone else has to deal with this

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:52 PM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

what do you mean? confused

blessed be x

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:10 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
go burn in Hell

Wouldn't that be the place you want to go anyways? Shouldn't you, as satanist, rather say, go be happy in heaven, or something?

Originally posted by Lara
Bardy, play nice!!!!!
What? I just said I thought what Feanor said was funny.
ermyeah but there is no excuse for being an arse!
Technically I am sure there are loads of pretty good excuses for that.

Oh, and I also find the Pieta quite good.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:11 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

what do you mean? confused
...i'm not quite sure

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:25 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Originally posted by Bardock42
Wouldn't that be the place you want to go anyways? Shouldn't you, as satanist, rather say, go be happy in heaven, or something?

What? I just said I thought what Feanor said was funny. Technically I am sure there are loads of pretty good excuses for that.

Oh, and I also find the Pieta quite good.

the whole heaven and Hell thing...no i would still tell you to burn in Hell

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:26 PM
Bardock42

the whole heaven and Hell thing...no i would still tell you to burn in Hell

Why do you say "would", you already did afterall.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

I've never seen the Pieta. no expression

Viola, the Pieta
(please log in to view the image)

sorry it wouldn't let me make it a link

Last edited by King of Blades on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:33 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Originally posted by Bardock42
Why do you say "would", you already did afterall.
blah...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:46 PM
Lara
Belladonna

I prefer Rodin's work stick out tongue the gates of hell are amazing, I can believe he made those things out of cast bronze and they are over 10 foot high in stature!!! eek!

blessed be x

Last edited by Lara on Jul 23rd, 2008 at 09:28 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 09:24 AM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

...im not into art unless i done it

Old Post Jul 24th, 2008 05:42 PM
King of Blades
The King

Well that's rather ignorant erm

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 07:10 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

...actually i like work done by goya, bosch and brueghel

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 03:21 PM
King of Blades
The King

Goya is rather plain for me, but I admire the simplicity of his works.

I like Bosch for his story telling ability in his panel works of art.

As for Brueghel, he has some really "big" pictures. His "Peasant Wedding" was in my high school history book. His art is good.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 06:13 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

...alot of the work though was incredible, by all of them....

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 06:32 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

i'll have a new poem posted later today...its a love poem so its not gonna be as good. sorry

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 03:05 PM
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

Kelsey's Poem

Every time we talk, a certain question pops into my head
i want to ask the question, but i think i'll wrie a poem instead

as i lay here listening to your voice, i can't help but to smile
i can always feel you next to me, even when we're seperated by many miles

your the only person i love with all my heart and the only i would die for
when you say 'i love you' my heart wants to rip out my chest and yell 'more'

your love is the cure that healed my darkened heart and hated soul
your heart saved me from falling into suicide's enternal black hole

so, will you take my hand and hold it with your enternal love
hold it after i'm sent to Hell and you sent to the starry above

here by my side, always within love's reach, will you forver stay
Kelsy, will you marry me and love me until your dying day?

(like i said, its a love poem and those things aren't easy for me)

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 03:44 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha, well doesn't that just speak volumes?

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 05:24 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote