KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ganon vs. Sephiroth WITH A TWIST!

Ganon vs. Sephiroth WITH A TWIST!
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
King Hyrule never speaks nor is he ever seen in Ocarina of Time.

In the final fight of Twilight Princess, wherein Link and Ganondorf swordfight, the name that appears at the bottom of the screen in "Dark Lord - Ganondorf".
Lol, I meant WW, not OoT.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:08 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Lol, I meant WW, not OoT.
Regardless, in general, the name Ganondorf refers to his human form. He may have been referred to as Ganon once or twice, but aside from that, he is known as Ganondorf. His beastial form is always referred to as Ganon.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:24 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Regardless, in general, the name Ganondorf refers to his human form. He may have been referred to as Ganon once or twice, but aside from that, he is known as Ganondorf. His beastial form is always referred to as Ganon.
True, but Ganon can apply to both. Also, Ganon is shorter to type. big grin

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:26 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

In LttP they mentioned that Ganon was once a human named Ganondorf so it would seem that Ganon would be referred to his beast form while Ganondorf human form; I guess to avoid confusion at times.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:26 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by ESB -1138
In LttP they mentioned that Ganon was once a human named Ganondorf so it would seem that Ganon would be referred to his beast form while Ganondorf human form; I guess to avoid confusion at times.
That's been the point I've been trying to get across. Good job.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:30 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

That's been the point I've been trying to get across. Good job.

Pwned

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:31 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

do i have to post the kain quote "this thread has outlasted this usefulness, as have you" and say he pwns Ganon and Sephiroth, or shall i spare you

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:31 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Pwned

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:34 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

He is referred to as Ganondorf through the entirety of OoT, until he transforms and the battle title card gives him the name Ganon.

In WW, his humanoid form is once again referred to as Ganondorf throughout the game. (When the King speaks of Ganon, he is talking about the monstrous transformation that clawed its way back into Hyrule, forcing the Goddesses to flood the land.) The same goes for TP, through until he transforms into Ganon as the second stage of the final battle.

As for chronology, OoT has been confirmed as the first story (disregarding The Minish Cap, which does not have Ganon/dorf, or indeed even the entire Triforce), and WW and TP are parallel sequels to OoT. All other games (except MM, which comes chronologically before TP) would seem to follow WW or TP in their respective timelines.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:34 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wrong, in OoT, he is refferred to as Ganon, and is in WW as well, hell, I think he even refferred to HIMSELF as Ganon. Oh, and Four Swords Adventures was confirmed to be the first Zelda, and does have Ganon in it.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:49 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Wrong, in OoT, he is refferred to as Ganon, and is in WW as well, hell, I think he even refferred to HIMSELF as Ganon. Oh, and Four Swords Adventures was confirmed to be the first Zelda, and does have Ganon in it.

Four Swords Adventure retold the story in the desert of Ganondorf's transformation into Ganon and is a sequel to Four Swords which is a sequel to Minish Cap so how can it be the first?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:53 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Four Swords Adventure retold the story in the desert of Ganondorf's transformation into Ganon and is a sequel to Four Swords which is a sequel to Minish Cap so how can it be the first?
Ask Miyamoto, cause it makes no sense to me either.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:54 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Ask Miyamoto, cause it makes no sense to me either.

Link

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 08:56 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interview with Eiji Aonuma, Miyamoto's top dog, guy that works with him on the story, and is top producer of Zelda series.

BB: That’s something that, you (Bill Trinen – Localization Team) and I have talked about with the release of the Zelda compilation disc, cleaning up some of the spellings like Ganon, and making sure everything is cohesive. Maybe that’s an American thing – us wanting to know how it all works together. I guess that leads me to my next questions. How do the Links in The Four Swords Adventure relate to the overall story line? Or is it just a subchapter or something like that?

EA: The GBA Four Swords Zelda is what we’re thinking as the oldest tale in the Zelda timeline. With this one on the GameCube being a sequel to that, and taking place sometime after that.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/St....1915.59084.htm

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 09:17 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Note that that interview is now three years old. It has since been retconned by Miyamoto to taking place much later, with Minish Cap taking the title of chronologically first.

Really, the creators themselves don't seem entirely clear on their own (theoretical) timeline, but it is generally accepted that Miyamoto confirmed OoT as the first chronological appearance of Ganon/dorf.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 10:24 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Note that that interview is now three years old. It has since been retconned by Miyamoto to taking place much later, with Minish Cap taking the title of chronologically first.

Really, the creators themselves don't seem entirely clear on their own (theoretical) timeline, but it is generally accepted that Miyamoto confirmed OoT as the first chronological appearance of Ganon/dorf.
And then decided it should be FSA, then MC. We will never know 'til the series ends.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 10:24 PM
Cosmic Cube

And then decided it should be FSA, then MC. We will never know 'til the series ends.
It won't.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 10:47 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

It won't.
Right, becaue Miyamoto will live forever.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 10:50 PM
Cosmic Cube

Right, becaue Miyamoto will live forever.
No, but the Legend of Zelda will. So will Super Mario.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 10:52 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, but the Legend of Zelda will. So will Super Mario.
He has even said that he will reveal the timeline when the series ends.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 10:56 PM