/makeface I DONT CARE!!! A new point to make because it seems we've settled on Sephie vs pigdemonhead... how big is the chess board? cause if its a smaller board... pigdemonhead couldnt pick up this pieces without knocking his own king over... thus forfeiting the match
Dont get mad at me cause I have more fan girls than you'll ever have (Im at 2!!!)
That have nothing to do with intelligence(or lack of it).
First time: In Nibelheim. He lost because Cloud attacked him from behind, impaling him with the Buster Sword(and Seph was so "weak" after that, that Cloud used his hidden power and could toss him in the Mako).
Second time: In the core of the planet. He lost because he has to hold back the most powerful spell in the planet, while fighting against 8 people using Limit Breaks and the most powerful Materias in the world. He was in a BIG disadvantage during all the fight.
Third time: In the Lifestream. He lost because Cloud found an opening in his defense. Because of the destruction of Sephiroth's physical body(Safer), the fact he was still holding back Holy, and that Cloud became stronger during FFVII, we can say that the fight in the Lifestream is the only moment where Cloud and Sephiroth are close in power. Cloud found an opening in his defense and attacked, winning the battle. Simple as that.
Fourth time: In AC. He lost because he decided to make Cloud suffer instead of just killing him. That's the ONLY moment where he lost because he underestimated Cloud. And that doesn't mean he was an idiot. Why? Because he has many reasons to not take Cloud seriously. First, he was in his most powerful form ever, even more powerful than Safer. Second, Cloud was fighting alone. And third, Cloud wasn't using Materia. Looking at these three points, I'm not surprised Sephiroth underestimated him, really.
As you can see, Sephiroth has many good reasons to allways lose to Cloud(and his friends). None of these reasons have anything to do with lack of intelligence.
1. He impaled him, and was holding him in the air, instead of going for his heart(God forbid), he went FOR THE SHOULDER! He was underestimating Cloud.
2. That time I wasn't talking about.
3. I remember it like this, Seph does attacks that dwindle away most of Cloud's HP, then stops like a dumbass, and then Cloud kills him.
4. Right, good jobs underestimating the same guy that has killed you 3 times again. What a frickin genius. Oh, and he went for the shoulder again. It would seem Seph is incapable of hitting the heart while fighting Cloud.
Ganon is still much more intelligent than Sephiroth.
1. No he wasn't. In CC(and FFVII I believe) Sephiroth stabbed him in the chest and lifted him in the air. That would kill ANYONE. Seph was trying to kill him.
3. That's gameplay. "The Maiden who Travels the Planet" explain that Seph and Cloud fought. Seph was winning, and when he was going to give the final attack, Cloud found an opening and attacked him.
4. Cloud killed him 2 times, not 3. Remember that in the second fight Avalanche killed him.
In ACC(the new cannon) Sephiroth impaled him in the chest and lifted him.
And like I said before, he has good reasons to underestimate Cloud. Seph was even more powerful than Safer, and Cloud didn't have the help of his friends and Materia.
If Avalanche decided to help Cloud in AC and use their Materias, they would have a harder time against AC Sephiroth than against Safer Sephiroth, because in AC he is more powerful. But instead of Avalanche, it was Cloud, alone, without any Materia. And Sephiroth hated him. He has ALL the reasons in the world to underestimate Cloud, and make him suffer.
5. From what I heard about Ganon, I agree. Sephiroth is smart, but almost everything he does, is by using his power. Power over Jenova cells to control the clones, willpower, magic power, etc. He is not the type of guy who manipulate others behind the scenes.
But I'm just saying that "he allways loses to Cloud" is not a good argument against his intelligence.