KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Ganon vs. Sephiroth WITH A TWIST!

Ganon vs. Sephiroth WITH A TWIST!
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
He has even said that he will reveal the timeline when the series ends.
What eva.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2007 11:04 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superbatman86

Sephiroth.He was the greatest Soldier AND General on the planet.Chess like war is all about strategy.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:15 AM
superbatman86 is currently offline Click here to Send superbatman86 a Private Message Find more posts by superbatman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by superbatman86
Sephiroth.He was the greatest Soldier AND General on the planet.Chess like war is all about strategy.
Ganon ruled the planet. Oh, and Seph was the strongest Soldier, not the leader.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 05:25 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IamMongoose
Overlord of the Asylum

Ganon ruled the planet. Oh, and Seph was the strongest Soldier, not the leader.

/makeface I DONT CARE!!! A new point to make because it seems we've settled on Sephie vs pigdemonhead... how big is the chess board? cause if its a smaller board... pigdemonhead couldnt pick up this pieces without knocking his own king over... thus forfeiting the match

Dont get mad at me cause I have more fan girls than you'll ever have (Im at 2!!!)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:10 AM
IamMongoose is currently offline Click here to Send IamMongoose a Private Message Find more posts by IamMongoose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Sephiroth IMO.

Though they're both the kind to throw up the board and turn it into a normal fight....

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 08:40 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is normal human sized Ganon. Seph is much less intelligent than Ganon, I haven't even brought up the biggest reason...he always loses to Cloud.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2007 06:19 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SHM

It is normal human sized Ganon. Seph is much less intelligent than Ganon, I haven't even brought up the biggest reason...he always loses to Cloud.

That have nothing to do with intelligence(or lack of it).

First time: In Nibelheim. He lost because Cloud attacked him from behind, impaling him with the Buster Sword(and Seph was so "weak" after that, that Cloud used his hidden power and could toss him in the Mako).

Second time: In the core of the planet. He lost because he has to hold back the most powerful spell in the planet, while fighting against 8 people using Limit Breaks and the most powerful Materias in the world. He was in a BIG disadvantage during all the fight.

Third time: In the Lifestream. He lost because Cloud found an opening in his defense. Because of the destruction of Sephiroth's physical body(Safer), the fact he was still holding back Holy, and that Cloud became stronger during FFVII, we can say that the fight in the Lifestream is the only moment where Cloud and Sephiroth are close in power. Cloud found an opening in his defense and attacked, winning the battle. Simple as that.

Fourth time: In AC. He lost because he decided to make Cloud suffer instead of just killing him. That's the ONLY moment where he lost because he underestimated Cloud. And that doesn't mean he was an idiot. Why? Because he has many reasons to not take Cloud seriously. First, he was in his most powerful form ever, even more powerful than Safer. Second, Cloud was fighting alone. And third, Cloud wasn't using Materia. Looking at these three points, I'm not surprised Sephiroth underestimated him, really.

As you can see, Sephiroth has many good reasons to allways lose to Cloud(and his friends). None of these reasons have anything to do with lack of intelligence.

Last edited by SHM on Nov 22nd, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 12:13 AM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SHM
That have nothing to do with intelligence(or lack of it).

First time: In Nibelheim. He lost because Cloud attacked him from behind, impaling him with the Buster Sword(and Seph was so "weak" after that, that Cloud used his hidden power and could toss him in the Mako).

Second time: In the core of the planet. He lost because he has to hold back the most powerful spell in the world, while fighting against 8 people using Limit Breaks and the most powerful Materias in the world.

Third time: In the Lifestream. He lost because Cloud found an opening in his defense. Because of the destruction of Sephiroth's physical body(Safer), the fact he was still holding back Holy, and that Cloud became stronger during FFVII, we can say that the fight in the Lifestream is the only moment where Cloud and Sephiroth are close to each other in power. Cloud found an opening and attacked, winning the battle. Simple as that.

Fourth time: In AC. He lost because he decided to make Cloud suffer instead of just killing him. That's the ONLY moment where he lost because he underestimated Cloud. And that doesn't mean he was an idiot. Why? Because he has many reasons to not take Cloud seriously. First, he was in his most powerful form ever, even more powerful than Safer. Second, Cloud was fighting alone. And third, Cloud wasn't using any Materia. Looking at these three points, I'm not surprised Sephiroth underestimated him, really.

As you can see, Sephiroth has many good reasons to allways loses to Cloud(and his friends). None of them have anything to do with lack of intelligence.
1. He impaled him, and was holding him in the air, instead of going for his heart(God forbid), he went FOR THE SHOULDER! He was underestimating Cloud.

2. That time I wasn't talking about.

3. I remember it like this, Seph does attacks that dwindle away most of Cloud's HP, then stops like a dumbass, and then Cloud kills him.

4. Right, good jobs underestimating the same guy that has killed you 3 times again. What a frickin genius. Oh, and he went for the shoulder again. It would seem Seph is incapable of hitting the heart while fighting Cloud.

Ganon is still much more intelligent than Sephiroth.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 12:18 AM
SHM

1. He impaled him, and was holding him in the air, instead of going for his heart(God forbid), he went FOR THE SHOULDER! He was underestimating Cloud.[B]

2. That time I wasn't talking about.

3. I remember it like this, Seph does attacks that dwindle away most of Cloud's HP, then stops like a dumbass, and then Cloud kills him.

4. Right, good jobs underestimating the same guy that has killed you 3 times again. What a frickin genius. Oh, and he went for the shoulder again. It would seem Seph is incapable of hitting the heart while fighting Cloud.

Ganon is still much more intelligent than Sephiroth.

1. No he wasn't. In CC(and FFVII I believe) Sephiroth stabbed him in the chest and lifted him in the air. That would kill ANYONE. Seph was trying to kill him.

3. That's gameplay. "The Maiden who Travels the Planet" explain that Seph and Cloud fought. Seph was winning, and when he was going to give the final attack, Cloud found an opening and attacked him.

4. Cloud killed him 2 times, not 3. Remember that in the second fight Avalanche killed him.
In ACC(the new cannon) Sephiroth impaled him in the chest and lifted him.
And like I said before, he has good reasons to underestimate Cloud. Seph was even more powerful than Safer, and Cloud didn't have the help of his friends and Materia.
If Avalanche decided to help Cloud in AC and use their Materias, they would have a harder time against AC Sephiroth than against Safer Sephiroth, because in AC he is more powerful. But instead of Avalanche, it was Cloud, alone, without any Materia. And Sephiroth hated him. He has ALL the reasons in the world to underestimate Cloud, and make him suffer.

5. From what I heard about Ganon, I agree. Sephiroth is smart, but almost everything he does, is by using his power. Power over Jenova cells to control the clones, willpower, magic power, etc. He is not the type of guy who manipulate others behind the scenes.
But I'm just saying that "he allways loses to Cloud" is not a good argument against his intelligence.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 12:57 AM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SHM
1. No he wasn't. In CC(and FFVII I believe) Sephiroth stabbed him in the chest and lifted him in the air. That would kill ANYONE. Seph was trying to kill him.

3. That's gameplay. "The Maiden who Travels the Planet" explain that Seph and Cloud fought. Seph was winning, and when he was going to give the final attack, Cloud found an opening and attacked him.

4. Cloud killed him 2 times, not 3. Remember that in the second fight Avalanche killed him.
In ACC(the new cannon) Sephiroth impaled him in the chest and lifted him.
And like I said before, he has good reasons to underestimate Cloud. Seph was even more powerful than Safer, and Cloud didn't have the help of his friends and Materia.
If Avalanche decided to help Cloud in AC and use their Materias, they would have a harder time against AC Sephiroth than against Safer Sephiroth, because in AC he is more powerful. But instead of Avalanche, it was Cloud, alone, without any Materia. And Sephiroth hated him. He has ALL the reasons in the world to underestimate Cloud, and make him suffer.

5. From what I heard about Ganon, I agree. Sephiroth is smart, but almost everything he does, is by using his power. Power over Jenova cells to control the clones, willpower, magic power, etc. He is not the type of guy who manipulate others behind the scenes.
But I'm just saying that "he allways loses to Cloud" is not a good argument against his intelligence.
Good points actually. You have made me think of Seph as more intelligent that I thot he was.

Ganon is a master strategist and manipulator, he has great power, but is often put in situations where he can't use it, like in TP, so he uses his intellect to get ahead.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 01:02 AM