KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Uther Lightbringer Vs. Nightmare

Uther Lightbringer Vs. Nightmare
Started by: Diamond Kisses

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
His shield nor any paladins shield is ever broken and its a rule thats its indestructable no matter who your facing, if its hit with a force or attack, it doesnt weaken, like kains shield, only ofcourse this one does not reflect but it makes the user invulerable to all harm for a duration. The shield is supposedly powered by a the God they worship, although wether the being is actually a true God or not is unlikely, its probably a Titan or Elune since she is quite vast unless Darth knows who they worship and where the power is from.

can you show me Nightmare surviving many high powered beams of magic energy? Magic energy that covers his body?
1. Okay. Even if it didn't hurt, it would still knock him far back, and when the shield wears off, bye bye Uther.

2. Well, I couldn't, only person who can do stuff like that is Taki, and I don't think NM and Taki have ever fought.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 08:41 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

His shield nor any paladins shield is ever broken and its a rule thats its indestructable no matter who your facing, if its hit with a force or attack, it doesnt weaken, like kains shield, only ofcourse this one does not reflect but it makes the user invulerable to all harm for a duration. The shield is supposedly powered by a the God they worship, although wether the being is actually a true God or not is unlikely, its probably a Titan or Elune since she is quite vast unless Darth knows who they worship and where the power is from.

can you show me Nightmare surviving many high powered beams of magic energy? Magic energy that covers his body?

Not a God.. Light itself.. I'm uncertain if they believe light to be an actual entity, or if they just believe it to be a force of the universe..

Anyway, Uther was the first paladin, the most powerful paladin and the perfect choice in a battle against unholy entities ((Nightmare))

The shield itself withstand ANY damage.. Nothing can penetrate it.. Not even Archimonde holds enough power to break trough a shield of that strength..

It's the full power of the light gathered in one protective spell..

"You will too eventually be part of my collection"

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 08:44 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
1. Okay. Even if it didn't hurt, it would still knock him far back, and when the shield wears off, bye bye Uther.

2. Well, I couldn't, only person who can do stuff like that is Taki, and I don't think NM and Taki have ever fought.

1. whys that? bye bye uther, not read what DE said about what Uther uses, he wars all sorts of powerful gear and can amp himself with half his spell list....his strength is likely on par with nightmare and whats nightmare going to do? the shield lasts more than long enough....Also it didnt knock that guy on the hill off his feet did it? nopes...uther is likely just to stun nightmare before he can do any attacks then go in for the kill

2. okie so theres nothing to say he can survive having his body bathed in holy energy, especially of uthers level....

uther wins, easily if Nightmare does that queer attack in the video

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 08:48 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. whys that? bye bye uther, not read what DE said about what Uther uses, he wars all sorts of powerful gear and can amp himself with half his spell list....his strength is likely on par with nightmare and whats nightmare going to do? the shield lasts more than long enough....Also it didnt knock that guy on the hill off his feet did it? nopes...uther is likely just to stun nightmare before he can do any attacks then go in for the kill

2. okie so theres nothing to say he can survive having his body bathed in holy energy, especially of uthers level....

uther wins, easily if Nightmare does that queer attack in the video
1. That guy on the hill is Zasalamel, one of the strongest SC characters, and guess what it did, it disintegrated him. Strength on par with NM? NM knocks multiple armored soldiers away with a one-armed swing of his sword. He stopped a blade with one arm from a superhuman individual, the sword was as big as NM's btw. Stun NM? NM is likely just to do the ZOMGXPLOSION attack at the beginning of the fight.

2. He can survive magma over his body. He can survive wounds from Soul Calibur and Kali Yuga.

Queer attack?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 08:54 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. That guy on the hill is Zasalamel, one of the strongest SC characters, and guess what it did, it disintegrated him. Strength on par with NM? NM knocks multiple armored soldiers away with a one-armed swing of his sword. He stopped a blade with one arm from a superhuman individual, the sword was as big as NM's btw. Stun NM? NM is likely just to do the ZOMGXPLOSION attack at the beginning of the fight.

2. He can survive magma over his body. He can survive wounds from Soul Calibur and Kali Yuga.

Queer attack?

1. yeh, and he doesnt have uthers shield either...so uther wont be disintegrated, so...Uther has smashes all kinds of demons several times larger than humans and heavier than they in the air>>couple of armoured soldiers. Yeh and that attack took a fairly long charge up, all Uthers spells are instant, they happen on a whim so Nightmare woudl end up stunned and vulerable and then destroyed by holy magic

2. Magma does not equel holy magic and surviving wounds from holy weapons are not equel to having your body covered in holy energy

yeh the explosion, its too slow

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 08:59 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

Uther doesnt match Nightmare's strength.. but Nightmare will still lose.. Uthers stregth isnt his advantage.. his holy magic is.. and if the zomgxplosion is done in the start, Uther will bubble in the start and concentrate light upon the channeling Nightmare.. I'm uncertain how powerful the hammer of justice is for Uther.. I do know he's better than Bolovar, and Bolovar IS powerful.. and he is capable of stunning a number of dragonkins at once.. If looking at WoW, Bolovar even stood strong against Illidan ((for a while.. Died eventually, but lets not bring Illidan into this))

Soul Calibur and Kali Yuga isnt light manifested.. Sure, they are blessed with it, but Uther is nearly litteraly the right hand of light.. He can bring forth a vastly larger quantity of light than any SC character.. And enchant himself to make it even stronger.. not to mention have his light become manifested in his hammer before dealing a crushing blow.. Each strike that Nightmare recieve, each beam of light and each blast will be more light individually than what Nightmare has faced ever before..

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 09:00 PM
Nozdormu is currently offline Click here to Send Nozdormu a Private Message Find more posts by Nozdormu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. yeh, and he doesnt have uthers shield either...so uther wont be disintegrated, so...Uther has smashes all kinds of demons several times larger than humans and heavier than they in the air>>couple of armoured soldiers. Yeh and that attack took a fairly long charge up, all Uthers spells are instant, they happen on a whim so Nightmare woudl end up stunned and vulerable and then destroyed by holy magic

2. Magma does not equel holy magic and surviving wounds from holy weapons are not equel to having your body covered in holy energy

yeh the explosion, its too slow
1. NM sends a dozen flying with one swing, using one arm. Compare. Oh, and then there is the single-handedly catching the big sword feat. That attack took a charge up? No it didn't, he did it after eating their souls, and let me remind you this is WEAK WEAK WEAK NM. In the game, he can do it instantly as an attack.

2. Magma equals really really hot. NM fights with holy weapons all the time, and takes blows from them. When NM was created after Siegfried took hold of Soul Edge, a phenomenom known as the "Evil Seed" took place, instantly, planetwide corruption began taking place all thruout the world, all of which came from Soul Edge.

No its not.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 09:06 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

he needs souls to do it from the area? well he doesnt even have souls at all in this battle not to menstion he does charge, he doesnt do it instantly, dont be silly you can see it clearly. Show me him doing it at that level of power in-game and instantly hwoever if this can be proven ,regardless it wont help him at all, hell be destroyed by holy magic as Darth said.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 09:09 PM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

In the game, he does a similar attack.. And like you said yourself, he did it after eating their souls.. The only soul on this battlefield is Uthers.. Which mean, not a lot of soulpower to use.. Like you also said, he had fought an army.. The blast in the video is after absorbing... quite a lot of souls.. And its not weak weak weak Nightmare.. Dont make things up.. Unless your bringing Night Terror into this..

With Uthers divine protection, he could basically swim in magma.. He may fight holy weapons at all time, but nothing in SC can match Uther in holy power..

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 09:12 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was WEAK WEAK WEAK in SCIII. How do I know? He had no body, he was just a suit of armor, no host. He didn't even have Soul Edge for crying out loud!!! How is that not weak? He didn't have to absorb souls to power the attack, he is eating souls to sustain him until he gets his body and Soul Edge back.

Soul Calibur can't match Uther's holy power?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 09:37 PM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

He was WEAK WEAK WEAK in SCIII. How do I know? He had no body, he was just a suit of armor, no host. He didn't even have Soul Edge for crying out loud!!! How is that not weak? He didn't have to absorb souls to power the attack, he is eating souls to sustain him until he gets his body and Soul Edge back.

Soul Calibur can't match Uther's holy power?

Weaker? Sure.. WEAK WEAK WEAK? Nope..

Oh? He didnt? But you just said he triggered it trough eating their souls.. And the movie indicate the same thing.. Or do you have proof somewhere? Maybe parts of the game that I have missed, that says he can do a blast of that level without souls? Because if you do so, please enlighten me..

And Soul Calibur can't match Uther's holy powers in the battle against an unholy entity, no..

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 09:53 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Here's my Opinion:

1: Nightmare is Considerably Stronger

2: Nightmare has never fought anythnig close to Uther in terms of Holy power

3: Nightmare can only do that explosive blast AFTER consuming many souls

4: Paladins are trained to slay the Unholy, e.i. demons + undead, thus giving Uther the advantage here

5: Uther has fought with more demons than Nightmare has fought Holy.

In conculsion i rate this battle 6.5/10 to Uther.

Nice Diamond, you finally made a close battle big grin congratulations stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 01:54 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Remindme
Here's my Opinion:

1: Nightmare is Considerably Stronger

2: Nightmare has never fought anythnig close to Uther in terms of Holy power

3: Nightmare can only do that explosive blast AFTER consuming many souls

4: Paladins are trained to slay the Unholy, e.i. demons + undead, thus giving Uther the advantage here

5: Uther has fought with more demons than Nightmare has fought Holy.

In conculsion i rate this battle 6.5/10 to Uther.

Nice Diamond, you finally made a close battle big grin congratulations stick out tongue
1. Yep.

2. LOL WUT!? Soul Calibur is Soul Edges equal in every way, Soul Edge caused planetary corruption, SC can easily heal it.

3. Nope. Those souls are used to permanently increase his power. He does a similar gameplay version of that blast when you use him. At his prime(with Siegfried's body and a complete Soul Edge), he could do it quite easily.

4. Nightmare can corrupt the rightous and good.

5. True enough.

6.5-7/10 to NM IMO.

DK made a close battle!? NOEZ!!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 02:00 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

stick out tongue

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 02:18 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Each failed thread is one step closer to a success

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 09:16 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

1. Yep.

2. LOL WUT!? Soul Calibur is Soul Edges equal in every way, Soul Edge caused planetary corruption, SC can easily heal it.

3. Nope. Those souls are used to permanently increase his power. He does a similar gameplay version of that blast when you use him. At his prime(with Siegfried's body and a complete Soul Edge), he could do it quite easily.

4. Nightmare can corrupt the rightous and good.

5. True enough.

6.5-7/10 to NM IMO.

1. Uther is most most powerful Paladin in the human History, I rate his holy power higher than Soul Caliburs due to the user won't be able to use Sc'S power as well as Uther can use his.

2. Prove it, The only tiem i have ever seen him do that is After the consumption of Soul. PROVE me otherwise.

3. Nightmare won't Corrupt Uther in the space of a battle, that idea is retarded

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:07 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Uther is most most powerful Paladin in the human History, I rate his holy power higher than Soul Caliburs due to the user won't be able to use Sc'S power as well as Uther can use his.

2. Prove it, The only tiem i have ever seen him do that is After the consumption of Soul. PROVE me otherwise.

3. Nightmare won't Corrupt Uther in the space of a battle, that idea is retarded
1. SC powers work by themselves, and only the right kinda person can use it. SC>>>Uther in holy power.

2. In gameplay. Souls only satiate his hunger to keep him alive.

3. Never said he would.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:18 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

1. SC powers work by themselves, and only the right kinda person can use it. SC>>>Uther in holy power.

2. In gameplay. Souls only satiate his hunger to keep him alive.

3. Never said he would.

1. Mmkay, prove it, since you know Uthers holy power

2. It's no where near the size of the on in the cinematic.

3. You suggested he would

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:45 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Mmkay, prove it, since you know Uthers holy power

2. It's no where near the size of the on in the cinematic.

3. You suggested he would
1. SC's holy power is stated to be equal to SE's corruptive evil powers, which cause planetary corruption, which is easily healed even by that tiny ass jewel on Kilik's necklace, which is only a much weaker aspect of SC.

2. Durz, gameplay.

3. No, but it COULD cancel out his purification power.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:59 AM
Nozdormu
Time is of the essence

1. SC's holy power is stated to be equal to SE's corruptive evil powers, which cause planetary corruption, which is easily healed even by that tiny ass jewel on Kilik's necklace, which is only a much weaker aspect of SC.

2. Durz, gameplay.

3. No, but it COULD cancel out his purification power.

So it can counter the Soul Edge.. It can cure what the Soul Edge can set in motion at a planet scale.. That doesnt mean it can do anything that is considered below that in rank.. If what you say is correct, then you have said yourself that it is optimized to counter Soul Edge.. So, that's about all we can say about it.. What Soul Edge can do, Soul Calibur can counter..

What light can do, Uther can do.. It's quite the larger scale of possibilities..

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 03:35 PM