KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Contra 4 (Nintendo DS)

Contra 4 (Nintendo DS)
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Contra 4 (Nintendo DS)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:01 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Was never a huge fan of Contra, myself.

Still, I'm always happy to hear of a classic franchise getting revived.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 06:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I remenber using lots of quarters in the arcade playing the original. stick out tongue

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jun 20th, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 10:30 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

WTFFFF????!!!! eek! I cant believe they are making another Contra...thats frikkin sweet.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 04:58 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Sweet. stick out tongue

Glad I just bought a DS last week. New Zelda and new Contra, im gonna be in heaven. big grin

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 12:46 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Congrats on you new purchase. smile

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 03:20 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Thankyou, its so nice and pretty. lol

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 03:38 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Gameplay previews!

Jungle:

Ocean:

Urban Warfare:

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 11:23 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Oct 12th, 2007 08:27 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Contra 4 (Might hand you your ass)

(please log in to view the image)

http://www.konami-data.com/officialsites/contra4/

Well growing up I became a huge Contra fan since the days of the NES. This year, Konami celebrates twenty years with the release Contra 4 for the Nintendo DS.

Set exactly two years after the first NES Contra, the story brings back bland, action stereotype, rambo-like soldiers Bill Rizer and Lance Bean to shoot shit. When the Black Viper comes to destroy earth along with hired mercenaries. Once again, power-up friendly, spreadshot hogging, 2d side-scrolling madness returns.

Classic 2d graphics look amazing on the DS. It captures the feeling of a Contra game the way few sequels miss out on recapturing the greatness the original had.

Receiving some pretty good scores from IGN.com and EGM mag, I've had some playtime with it, and lemme just say that this shit is hard. Like, f*ckin' destroy everything in your hands hard. If you're man enough to beat it, consider yourself golden. Also, the gap between the two screen is just downright annoying. Making a transition between the top or bottom screen to the opposite could result in a gay-death.

I'd give this game a 7/10 just for handing me my goat ass all the time; however, I won't. I have to give it a 9/10 because they packed in some small comics, a few interviews, but most importantly they f*ckin' packed in the old NES Contra, along with Super C. Nostalgia gives this hard ass game a huge step up for me.

Check it out guys, if you're up for it, it'll please.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:40 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Oh wow. I can't go back and re-edit the above post, but not that it matters, Contra 4 is not a follow up to the first Contra as I stated, it follows up Contra III: The Alien Wars. Well, corrected that for ya guys, not that it mattered though, but it was buggin' me.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:58 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Playing the original contra is one of my favorite memories in gaming. Im more of a metal slug fan these days though. I do remember the insanely difficult contra game on ps2 which had some kick ass graphics.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 12:46 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I lol'd.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 01:58 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Playing the original contra is one of my favorite memories in gaming. Im more of a metal slug fan these days though. I do remember the insanely difficult contra game on ps2 which had some kick ass graphics.

Yeah. Alot of people usually go for Metal Slug these days. Mostly because it's recent and way easier than any Contra title.

And yes, the PS2 Contra had a blink and you die difficulty.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado-sama
I lol'd.

At what?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 02:28 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Playing this game right now. It's a ***** and it keeps kicking my ass again and again. I hate getting kill and run out of lives.

Love it!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 05:30 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Completed enough challenges in challenge mode to unlock Contra NES and Super Contra. Holy shit. This game is awesome, and it makes me so mad at times...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 05:06 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Everytime I run of lives and saves is just too damn #@$#@!!!!

I love it. happy

Old Post Dec 6th, 2007 05:33 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I finally made it to Stage 5 - Ocean.

(After one month of playing it on easy)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 09:06 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I got it for Christmas, I only played the first level so far (playing other games) but it seems solid and fun.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 10:27 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I've really been meaning to get this.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 01:34 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote