KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Master Chief Vs. Doomguy

Master Chief Vs. Doomguy
Started by: Diamond Kisses

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

he DOES have better reflexes. the man caught a missile and bullets move in slow motion to his eyes

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 03:07 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Valiant
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, timeslow.

Leonardo Da Vinci: "He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 04:23 AM
The Valiant is currently offline Click here to Send The Valiant a Private Message Find more posts by The Valiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

well, banned. big grin

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:54 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The lulz in what just happened is almost too much to bare.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 06:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

However, the stage for this battle seems to be a seek-and-destroy setting, this gives Doomguy a HUGE edge. The artifacts + BFG = disintegrated Cheif in a room to room battle

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 06:30 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Nah.

Since I am far too lazy to actually think of how this would work out considering the situation both are in, I think of this fight as an open room with MC capping Doomguy before Doomguy can do anything.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 06:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Sorry, Neme, OP dictates otherwise.

Besides, openspace Doomguy still has artifacts and other shite... Hell, he tanks rockets easily enough, why not a bullet?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 08:17 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Because I say so.

But where does he tank rockets? Gameplay? Cutscenes? What?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 08:50 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
However, the stage for this battle seems to be a seek-and-destroy setting, this gives Doomguy a HUGE edge. The artifacts + BFG = disintegrated Cheif in a room to room battle

Disintegrated? I hope that weapon can pack a decent punch. Master Chief doesn't exactly have a frail piece of metal for armor. The heat at entry through atmosphere and the impact on Earth after entry are both EXTREME showings of durability.

Sorry, Neme, OP dictates otherwise.

Besides, openspace Doomguy still has artifacts and other shite... Hell, he tanks rockets easily enough, why not a bullet?

This might shock you, but a bullet has greater piercing force than a rocket. And a seek and destroy battle is in no way a disadvantage for Master Chief. His motion detector sense people at quite the mighty distance, not to mention his super hearing and reflexes.

As for tanking a rocket, that's not at all very impressive. Master Chief doesn't even get hit by them, so although he can tank them, he doesn't have to stick out tongue I can see Master Chief wait around the corner, and when Doomguy is near he comes around the corner and apply the precious 50 ton force on his skull.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 11:50 AM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

He can take several from the Cyberdemon... To the face...

And bullets having higher penetrating power than a rocket? Unless your talking Sabot AP rounds, then don't get your hopes up on that thought...

As for disintegration... the BFG utterly SHITES on ANY Covy plasma weapon short of the Wraith Cannon or Scarab main cannon, NEITHER of which Cheif could take a direct hit from.

And if you beleive Cheif has strength or speed advantages, that can easily be rreversed with the use of the Hellstone, it's powers make Cheif utterly impotent because of invulnerability, heltime and strength enough to GREASE demons in one punch... and I mean grease literally, like half a square mile of fishpaste that was once solid living flesh of demons. MC has NOTHING on the hitting strength enough to cause that kind of damage, thats borderline Gouki level.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 02:41 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

BFG is already a very powerful weapon, but amped up with the Artifact, it can deal insane amounts of damage.

Wait a minute, is the Artifact even allowed?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 02:43 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He can take several from the Cyberdemon... To the face...

Unless of course this was the Doomguy from the old games he would get killed in an instant.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 02:45 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Even then, he could take 2 before falling, full armour and health of course.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 02:46 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I think your right there..........been aaaaaaages since i've played the old Doom games

I suppose everthing it allowed for this fight in that case then Doomguy wins he just needs to get the Invulnerability artifact.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 02:50 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Or activate Hellstone once he finds Cheif. Then it's splattered John on the walls.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 04:13 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by NemeBro
The lulz in what just happened is almost too much to bare.
i got him banned in the kratos vs dante debate.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:11 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

If we take them at their best Doomguy wins with all the overpowered items he can get. MC dose not stand a chance against that it's not even debatable it's like putting a guy in a wheel chair up against Mike Tyson in his prime

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 01:31 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Why does the majority of this argument sound like retarded gameplay shit?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 03:55 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Such as ?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 05:49 AM
Darkstorm Zero

I would like to know what spurred that accusation...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:19 AM