KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Friendly Debates

Friendly Debates
Started by: savvysparrowluv

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

More vague writing, tex. That's what it is. Lol. What I think happens in parlay is that Elizabeth catches on that Will and Jack have an understanding. She learns that whoever stabs the heart will be the captain of the Dutchman, thereby defeating Davy. She also sees that Jack wants to do this, so she makes the exchange. What I think happens is that Barbossa figures this out too and sees what's going on. He doesn't want Jack to leave because they need his Piece of 8 to release Calypso (his plan). So I think, "if you got something to say" means "I'm onto you" and Jack says "First to the finish" meaning that he has his plan to be immortal and cheat death forever and Barbossa is just going to have to figure out a way on his own. So then Barbossa nabs the Piece of 8 and lets Jack do his thing because Elizabeth made the order and she is king.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 12:41 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I pose this question: if you were Will and were dying there on the Dutchman and felt Jack move your hand to stab the heart, would you do it, or would you use your last bit of strength to resist that and just die?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 12:42 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

me personally?

i would stab it... but i just dont like the idea of missing anything important or amusing, so death is pretty much a really big inconvenience for me smile

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 12:53 AM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Well, best explanation I've been able to latch onto yet, MizWilloftheWisp. Yeah, makes sense that Barbossa catched on--and Jack's little oh, yeah take that--cos he wasn't really into cutting Calypso loose. Makes sense to me.

As to your question: Now that's a plait stroker, innuit? I know right now in my comfy chair typing this I would very grandly say--no way not me I'll just go on my merry way to the great whatever. I also know that human nature being what it is that no one will ever give over if there is any straw at which one might grasp--not good bargins, just desperation. So I vote no, I'm into the ebb and flow, seasons of life time space river. I can' see forever being a good thang--I keep seeing that scene from the original Highlander, when his Scottish wife says remember me on my birthday and he says "aye, Blossum". I don't think I could bear that kind of lonliness. Good question as usual I suppose it's okay to think in the middle of the week. lol

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 12:59 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I think the only reason Will wants to live is to be with Elizabeth. Which makes it kind of sad he can only see her once ever 10 years but I guess better than never seeing her again at all.

Would I stab it? Well I don't like being out to sea too long I get motion sick and I don't want to be with Elizabeth forever so, prolly I wouldn't lol.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 02:32 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LEWZMP

will needs soup......... preferablee chicken soup

Who left the pancakes in the desert?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 06:53 PM
LEWZMP is currently offline Click here to Send LEWZMP a Private Message Find more posts by LEWZMP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faith27

its really hard to choose between your family and love one....

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 03:10 PM
Faith27 is currently offline Click here to Send Faith27 a Private Message Find more posts by Faith27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote