KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Akira Yuki vs Ryu Hoshi

Akira Yuki vs Ryu Hoshi
Started by: NASA

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know, and that applies primarily to just Ryu.

Evil Ryu is comparable to Devil Jin (in my opinion) in terms of power, and even regular Ryu has above ordinary attributes.

...so in other words, he's done things that a human would most likely not be able to do, such as dodge bullets, and swing his leg so hard that it shoots a gush of wind at a guy that tears his clothes.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Dec 12th, 2007 at 06:51 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:48 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
that there is your bias. you go on calling a flame hadouken a move but refuse to acknowledge the tekken characters' moves on the count that they (according to you) are part of a chain move...whcih is retarded, cuz:
-they are not all like that
-it depends totally from character to character
I consider it a special move cuz regular humans can't throw out fire balls. If we could consider punches an kicks specials then every single punch/kick that involves a push of the D Pad would be a spcial move then KOF and Sf guys would have like 20 moves

so we're back at square one: Kazuya has over 60 moves. ryu has 8. it's still around 8 times more than ryu's.
Ryu's 8 moves, super human>Kaz's 60 moves, very human.

and if i go by your logic, than kazuya has even more moves than that since you can alternate so many of his moves to just one hit (like dragon uppercut where we don't do the follow up) or we can enhance the move (glorious demongod fist to soul annihilator). they become different moves altogether and i didn't count those.
98% of'em are still regular punches and kicks that any human wit workin arms and legs can do in real life. If a regular human in real life can copy your specials...that sucks.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:54 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
I know, and that applies primarily to just Ryu.

Evil Ryu is comparable to Devil Jin (in my opinion) in terms of power, and even regular Ryu has above ordinary attributes.

...so in other words, he's done things that a human would most likely not be able to do, such as dodge bullets, and swing his leg so hard that it shoots a gush of wind at a guy that tears his clothes.

I'm guessing you saw the Street Fighter Alpha movie, huh?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 03:11 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by SmashBro
Actually, Ryu is pretty normal. He may have the fireballs, the shin shoryuken (which IS very strong) and dark hadou but he doesn't have super strength or super speed or something. He's on regular human level in those areas.
Ryu can lift tank sized objects, take and dodge bullets...that don't seem normal to me. Of course Ryu aint no superman though.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:04 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by King Hellstorm
Ryu can lift tank sized objects, take and dodge bullets...that don't seem normal to me. Of course Ryu aint no superman though.

Since when did Ryu do any of that?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 05:53 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the Alpha movie.

Also King, Kaz's moves aren't "human". Otherwise he wouldn't be able to smash robots with one-hitters.

And what are Ryu's 8 superhuman moves, because from that post you made it seem as if only attacks involving fireballs are superhuman. What's your point, would Ryu's "superhuman" fireballs overcome Heihachi who is in fact < Kazuya, who by your standards is not "superhuman" like Ryu?

Ryu's fireballs, shoryuken, twirl kick (too lazy to type out the move) would be like finger pokes to Heihachi.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 06:51 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Since when did Ryu do any of that?
In SF III Strike Ryu lifted 2 giant boulders stacked on top of each other, wit a guy sittin at the top of'em...that's pretty damn strong if you ask me.

He dodged bullets in th Alpha movie, you already know that.

He got shot twice in the chest in the Alpha comic and then continued to fight.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:14 PM
No End N Site

Also King, Kaz's moves aren't "human". Otherwise he wouldn't be able to smash robots with one-hitters.
He can only smash robots cuz he's strong, not cuz of his "special moves".

And what are Ryu's 8 superhuman moves, because from that post you made it seem as if only attacks involving fireballs are superhuman. What's your point, would Ryu's "superhuman" fireballs overcome Heihachi who is in fact < Kazuya, who by your standards is not "superhuman" like Ryu?
I seriously doubt that a human can spin around in the air and move a dozen feet across while still bein in the air. And I seriously doubt human can use chi to propel him ten feet up in the air wit an upper cut.

Ryu's fireballs, shoryuken, twirl kick (too lazy to type out the move) would be like finger pokes to Heihachi.
Ryu's fire balls can obliterate opponents, erase them, if he's serious. Hachi's goin down. If Jin can kick can hurt'em then there's no doubt that Hachi is not impervious to physical attacks.

Ryu's Shoryuken nearly killed Sagat and almost split Bison in half...Hachi goes down yet again.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:26 PM
Bro SMASH

In SF III Strike Ryu lifted 2 giant boulders stacked on top of each other, wit a guy sittin at the top of'em...that's pretty damn strong if you ask me.

He dodged bullets in th Alpha movie, you already know that.

He got shot twice in the chest in the Alpha comic and then continued to fight.

You're using different sources. Also, I've never heard of Street Fighter 3 Strike. I've heard of SF Third Strike but not that.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 06:41 PM
No End N Site

You're using different sources. Also, I've never heard of Street Fighter 3 Strike. I've heard of SF Third Strike but not that.
The events aint canon but the abilities are or at least that's what Capcom and Udon say so the movies and Comics .

That's what I meant, SF III 3rd Strike...

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 08:50 PM
Bro SMASH

The events aint canon but the abilities are or at least that's what Capcom and Udon say so the movies and Comics .

The comics look pretty cool.

That's what I meant, SF III 3rd Strike...

Was that in the game or in the comics?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 02:41 AM
No End N Site

The comics look pretty cool.
Yeah, the Udon's style is pretty unique

Was that in the game or in the comics?
Game, it was Oro's endin. (Oro's the old guy wit one arm)

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 04:21 PM
Bro SMASH

I never beaten it with Oro and I only seen VERY few endings in Third Strike, mainly do to Gill's cheapness.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 08:59 PM
No End N Site

I never beaten it with Oro and I only seen VERY few endings in Third Strike, mainly do to Gill's cheapness.
My only suggestion to you would be to turn the difficulty down.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 11:29 PM