KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sephiroth v.s. Kratos

Sephiroth v.s. Kratos
Started by: Sol Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Sephiroth v.s. Kratos

It all boils down to this...

GOWII Kratos v.s. AC Seph

Who wins?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 02:35 AM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seph is much faster, but Kratos is MUCH stronger, and has many powers...idk really. I would say Seph for now due to speed.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 02:41 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I vote for Sephiroth.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 02:41 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seph speedblitzes Kratos.

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 02:42 AM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I think Sephiroth can defeat Kratos

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 03:06 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

By no means would this fight be quick, but GoWII Kratos takes the win here. Sephiroth in AC was close to a God-level being. IMO, Kratos was closer with his weapons, spells, and overall abilities. I actually was not as impressed with Sephiroth's speed in AC as I was with someone like Dante's. The Masamune is known for being an unnaturally long sword, but Kratos undeniably still has a range advantage with his Athena's Blades (they're practically twice the length), and he wields them with alot more speed than he's given credit for.

Sephiroth has jumping ability that can pretty much be called flying--Kratos fought at least three things that were in midair in God of War 2 (Icarus, Lahkesis, and Atropos), all of whom he owned in verying amounts of time all three of which was while he was in midair. Besides, there was at least one occasion where Kratos performed a pretty impressive leap himself in GoW2 (when he was escaping the Colossus of Rhodes' body after absorbing all of its power with the BoO, he jumped out of it's mouth and leapt a big distance off of its arm). But if Kratos needed to fly or jump massive heights with finesse to stand a cahnce against what he'd defeated, then he'd've been mincemeat on his journey after three minutes on the Pegasus.

Kratos' spells in God of War 2 are also enough to at least equally counter Sephiroth's assault in almost any proximity. Too close, Cronos' Rage (almost undodgeable up close, and can last a long enough time to give Kratos). Too far, Typhon's Bane (rapid blasts which can home in on Sephiroth, and don't forget the whirlwind). All over Kratos, Atlas Quake (dozens upon dozens of boulders flying off in every direction should at least throw off Sephiroth a little bit, I don't see it finishing him off though).

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 05:13 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Sephiroth

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 05:54 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

I thin k kratos can take it, hes far more aggressive and proably has more brute power

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 10:21 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Sephiroth wins, far more faster, far more powerful.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2008 11:29 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Faster? Sure. More powerful? Not a chance. Kratos has more power in one hand than Seph does in his whole body.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 12:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Power isn't limited to just physical strength, and we have yet to see the limits of Sephiroths physical strength anyway. When Kratos has the ability to stop a planet threatening attack with his mind power alone, then he can be considered competition to Sephiroth in terms of power.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 02:31 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Terryc250
Power isn't limited to just physical strength, and we have yet to see the limits of Sephiroths physical strength anyway. When Kratos has the ability to stop a planet threatening attack with his mind power alone, then he can be considered competition to Sephiroth in terms of power.
That was with his willpower sir, and is not a battle feat.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 02:33 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

It is a feat in terms of power, it is something he accomplished as it was part of the story, just like how Pyron has absorbed a planet, its not a "battle" feat, because we don't see him doing it in battle, but its still a feat of power itself..

His willpower is his power, his magic is his power, the negative lifestream is his power, its his abilities which make him "powerful" thus making him more "powerful" then Kratos.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 03:59 AM
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sephiroth's physical strength makes Kratos look like a little girl. He's the strongest being in FF VII, which includes people like Azul the Cerulean, who is stronger than Kratos as well.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 04:34 AM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Sephiroth's physical strength makes Kratos look like a little girl. He's the strongest being in FF VII, which includes people like Azul the Cerulean, who is stronger than Kratos as well.
I will get to your post later Terry, cause it is late and I am tired, but FC...Shut the fvck up.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 04:45 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by fascistcrusader

Until I see Sephiroth or Azul the Cerulean pull the main head of the Hydra onto a mast or toss the Colossus of Rhodes on its ass with their bare hands, I'm not gonn a say that they're strength is at the level of Kratos'. Sure, we can presume Sephiroth has superhuman strength, but every feat of physical strength in FFVII is nothing Kratos can't/hasn't done or surpassed. Yes, Sephrith can summon the lifestream with a gesutre of his hand, but the Blade of Olympus can summon a mushroom-cloud that spans throughout the entire landscape that will banish any of its targets t othe darkes pits of the underworld, by being struck into the ground. Need I say who has the Blade of Olympus?

Sephiroth is FFVII's most powerful being in the series, a series that involves a stylistic emphasis on combat with plateus of power that in all reality don't reach towards the levels beyond its own planet. In God of War, we have a series where the main character, though presented more grisly, is a man whose overall power rivals that of the rulers of that entire universe, and is currently on the verge of overthrowing said rulers.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 04:56 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Until I see Sephiroth or Azul the Cerulean pull the main head of the Hydra onto a mast or toss the Colossus of Rhodes on its ass with their bare hands, I'm not gonn a say that they're strength is at the level of Kratos'

Two words: Midgar Zolom

quote:
In God of War, we have a series where the main character, though presented more grisly, is a man whose overall power rivals that of the rulers of that entire universe, and is currently on the verge of overthrowing said rulers.

Rulers of a planet whose leader can be killed by simple impaling. Sephiroth at his weakest, before Nibelheim, suffered the same wound as Athena and was fine.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 04:59 AM
fascistcrusader is currently offline Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote:

Two words: Midgar Zolom

Technically, we never saw what he did to it. That, and the Midgar Zolom was barely half the size of the Hydra, who Kratos did the exact same thing to.

quote:
Rulers of a planet whose leader can be killed by simple impaling. Sephiroth at his weakest, before Nibelheim, suffered the same wound as Athena and was fine.

You mean the leader that endured about FIVE impalings after a battle at the world's summit, and the Athena who was killed with one stab by a weapon that's actually more powerful than just a five-foot hunk of steel? That, and Sephiroth was hardly "fine" in the technical sense, he may have been alive, but barely and probably wasn't gonna last much longer had he not been thrown into the life-stream. Besides, it doesn't speak well for his awareness levels (at his weakest state), having been snuck up on by a 16 year-old Shinra grunt.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 05:09 AM
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sephiroth owned the Zolom in a body that was weaker than his own without any problems. He'd wtfpwn the hydra.

And Athena was still killed by a big sword, meaning pre Nibel Sephiroth > GoW "gods." AC Seph would solo all of Olympus.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 05:24 AM
Terryc250

I still don't see how Kratos would beable to escape Sephiroths willpower, as it did hold immobile a power that is powerful enough to threaten the entire planet, Sephiroth is also much faster, and even if Kratos can simply summon the Cloud, he has to strike it into the ground, Sephiroths willpower TK works on a thought, which is faster, and with a simple gesture his NL is summoned as well.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 06:08 AM