KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Top Ten of 2007

Top Ten of 2007
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Röland
Masked Vigilante

1. Grindhouse
2. No Country for Old Men
3. Eastern Promises
4. Live Free or Die Hard
5. Zodiac
6. Sunshine
7. The Simpsons Movie
8. Knocked Up
9. 28 Weeks Later
10. Mr. Brooks

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 11:16 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
No particular order

1. No Country for Old Men
2. I Am Legend
3. 300
4. Transformers
5. Hot Fuzz
6. Atonement
7. Gone, Baby, Gone
8. Reign Over Me
9. Pan's Labyrinth (was this 2007? or 2006?)
10. Juno
ok... replace Pan's Labyrinth with Simpson Movie or Mr Brooks

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 12:16 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I didn't see many movies from this year. If I had seen No Country for Old Men, I'm sure I would've added it to the list.

1. Grindhouse
2. Superbad
3. Reign Over Me
4. Hot Fuzz
5. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
6. 30 Days of Night
7. I Am Legend
8. Shoot 'Em Up
9. Halloween remake
10. Simpsons Movie

As far as Transformers and 300 go, which I've seen mentioned above, those were waaayyy overrated and don't belong on a top list.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 12:47 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I dunno.

No order.

Superbad
Knocked Up
Hot Fuzz
Grindhouse
Roman
Sicko

That's all I can think of.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 01:03 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by Wolfie
I didn't see many movies from this year. If I had seen No Country for Old Men, I'm sure I would've added it to the list.

1. Grindhouse
2. Superbad
3. Reign Over Me
4. Hot Fuzz
5. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
6. 30 Days of Night
7. I Am Legend
8. Shoot 'Em Up
9. Halloween remake
10. Simpsons Movie

As far as Transformers and 300 go, which I've seen mentioned above, those were waaayyy overrated and don't belong on a top list.

I Am Legend is more overrated than both of those movies combined

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 11:30 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Knocked Up
2. Superbad
3. Hot Fuzz
4. Hitman
5. This Is England
6. The Simpsons Movie.

I haven't actually seen much new this year, and most of the stuff that was out in the U.S late last year, is only just coming out here. I saw an advertisement for No Country For Old Men today, it looked OK, but I'm unsure whether it can live up to the book.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:28 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bodach

In no particular order:

Michael Clayton
No Country For Old Men
Across The Universe
I'm Not There
Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
The Golden Compass
Deathproof
Planet Terror
Transformers
Disturbia

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 07:11 AM
bodach is currently offline Click here to Send bodach a Private Message Find more posts by bodach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bodach

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
All I Know Is That Transformers and 300 Should Be The Top Two

As a Greek and Roman Studies major, all I can say about 300 is that, given the opportunity, I would go back in time and murder the ancestors of everyone involved in making that movie and the ancestors of every actor who appeared in that movie to ensure it was never made. 300 was a ****ing farce which trivialized the field I major in and made a complete mockery of one of the most fascinating periods in human history. A historically accurate portrayal of the battle of Thermopylae would have made for a ****ing spectacular movie (in the vein of Saving Private Ryan) but the version we actually got made a sad mockery of one of the most impressive feats of the human spirit to survive against insurmountable odds in human history.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 07:16 AM
bodach is currently offline Click here to Send bodach a Private Message Find more posts by bodach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by Dusty
That's the worst ****ing list I've ever seen.

I love the new non-moderator Dustin. Anyway, since everyone here seens to be ****ing retarded. Just kidding, kind of...

There Will Be Blood
No Country for Old Men
Eastern Promises
The Darjeeling Limited
Knocked Up
Ratatouille
Sunshine
Rescue Dawn
Juno
Once

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 07:06 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

No order:

3:10 To Yuma
No Country for Old Men
Knocked Up
Superbad
Transformers
I Am Legend
American Gangster
Live Free or Die Hard
Hot Fuzz

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 08:40 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Will also Add Ratatouille, Sunshine, Rescue Dawn and 3:10 to Yuma to my list.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 10:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

No order really

Transformers
Spiderman 3
AVPR
3 10 to Yuma
I Am Legend

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 06:53 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by braz
No order really

Transformers
Spiderman 3
AVPR
3 10 to Yuma
I Am Legend
Great to see you braz! Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 10:14 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Can't flex my e-peen already with this one as the whole shadizz concerning No Country For Old Men and others not being out in the UK yet.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 11:23 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by bodach
As a Greek and Roman Studies major, all I can say about 300 is that, given the opportunity, I would go back in time and murder the ancestors of everyone involved in making that movie and the ancestors of every actor who appeared in that movie to ensure it was never made. 300 was a ****ing farce which trivialized the field I major in and made a complete mockery of one of the most fascinating periods in human history. A historically accurate portrayal of the battle of Thermopylae would have made for a ****ing spectacular movie (in the vein of Saving Private Ryan) but the version we actually got made a sad mockery of one of the most impressive feats of the human spirit to survive against insurmountable odds in human history.

You could have just said it was a shite film.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 11:25 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wasn't 300 based on a comic book anyway, instead of historical fact...

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 09:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

300 the movie was based on a comic-book written by Frank Miller which was based on the actual events.

300 the movie was an adaption of a comic-book. *Fictional* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 10:06 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

Originally posted by Darth Martin
300 the movie was based on a comic-book written by Frank Miller which was based on the actual events.

300 the movie was an adaption of a comic-book. *Fictional* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Graphic novel. stick out tongue

Pan's Labrynth (came out January 07 here)
Death Proof
28 Weeks Later
Halloween
30 Days of Night
I am Legend
Hot Fuzz
3:10 to Yuma
Harry Potter

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 11:44 PM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theburningSKULL
[DT].R6V.COD4

Originally posted by Solo
I love the new non-moderator Dustin. Anyway, since everyone here seens to be ****ing retarded. Just kidding, kind of...

There Will Be Blood
No Country for Old Men
Eastern Promises
The Darjeeling Limited
Knocked Up
Ratatouille
Sunshine
Rescue Dawn
Juno
Once

My cousin was in the Darjeeling Limited! My cousin is Jason Schwartzman

Gamertag: Rock4TheSoul
Now Playing: Call of Duty 4, Burnout Paradise, Halo 3, No More Heroes
**Thanks a million to johnnyforever for sig!**

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 11:54 PM
theburningSKULL is currently offline Click here to Send theburningSKULL a Private Message Find more posts by theburningSKULL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

how many times?...IT'S A VISUAL METAPHOR...it's not meant to be accurate...it's meant to be a spartan soldiers hyperbolic version of what happened...talking themselves up so to speak...hence the complete neglect to mention the thebans and thespians and helots....and the monsterous appearance of some of the persians

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 12:03 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote