KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » how useful would a jedi be

how useful would a jedi be
Started by: Man of Christ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Feel free to point out my insult.

There posture is off because the flesh is rotting. Not because they can't control the hosts. But there aim is perfect.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:38 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Feel free to point out my insult.

There posture is off because the flesh is rotting. Not because they can't control the hosts. But there aim is perfect.

your insult was when you implied my ineptitude by saying that i only play it on easy.
and i know thier aim is perfect on legendary especially in halo 1 thats how i accessed the alternate ending where seargant johnson is being gay with an elite but, getting to the point sure the flood can make perfect use of the jedi's athleticism but since the flood doesnt feel the force he cant use it, b/c he doesnt meet the qualifications f a force user. unless you can find me an example where the force was used through a force user by a non force using third party

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Man of Christ
your insult was when you implied my ineptitude by saying that i only play it on easy.

I wasn't implying anything. However, it seemed like you were remarking on the Flood's crappy aim, and they only have crappy aim on Easy and normal difficulty. Your word choice was too ambiguous.

quote:
and i know thier aim is perfect on legendary especially in halo 1 thats how i accessed the alternate ending where seargant johnson is being gay with an elite

Youtube

quote:
but, getting to the point sure the flood can make perfect use of the jedi's athleticism but since the flood doesnt feel the force he cant use it, b/c he doesnt meet the qualifications f a force user.

The Flood can feel the force through it's hot. When a Flood infects someone it can see and feel it's thoughts, memories, and feelings. And even then it doesn't matter. The Flood only needs to think it while the body itself performs the dirty work. it doesn't need to be force sensitive to make it's host do something.

quote:
unless you can find me an example where the force was used through a force user by a non force using third party
I can't. But that does not discredit my argument any. Can you provide an example of a non-force using third party being unable to do so after infecting a force sensitive?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

I wasn't implying anything. However, it seemed like you were remarking on the Flood's crappy aim, and they only have crappy aim on Easy and normal difficulty. Your word choice was too ambiguous.

Youtube

The Flood can feel the force through it's hot. When a Flood infects someone it can see and feel it's thoughts, memories, and feelings. And even then it doesn't matter. The Flood only needs to think it while the body itself performs the dirty work. it doesn't need to be force sensitive to make it's host do something.

I can't. But that does not discredit my argument any. Can you provide an example of a non-force using third party being unable to do so after infecting a force sensitive?

see there you go assuming things again, i didnt get it from youtube and am insulted that you would think me dishonest. bottom line, flood are not force sensitive and a dead person cant use the force so, no force using flood.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're insulted too easily. Grow some skin.

When you're infected you don't die erm

*sighs*

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 05:36 AM
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

You're insulted too easily. Grow some skin.

When you're infected you don't die erm

*sighs*

in some cases you do. rotting flesh. c'mon

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 05:38 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, you don't. your flesh still rots but your still conscious and alive. Don't believe me? Read the Halo novel The Flood.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 05:45 AM
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Man of Christ
lol the flood cant even make an elite hold a gun straight and you think they can perform complexities like force use

Yet they still are very deadly. And it could be possible for them to learn how use the force. I recall reading that once they took control of Captain Keyes they tried to penetrate his mind looking for some type of information. The flood aren't mindless zombies especially the brain and gravemind forms.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 11:05 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Satauros

poor jenkins.. :[

may his rotting body along with all of Silva's detachment become one with the collective of the flood..

there's one important thing u guys aren't getting to tho, the force connects spiritually, through the soul, wen u get infected by the flood, they control your movements, but they can't make ur spirit do a damn thing. blax, maybe u shood go back an reread Flood sumtime this week wink

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Satauros a Private Message Find more posts by Satauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure they can. Your brain controls everything, if they can force your brain, to connect spiritually, then it will.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 12:06 AM
Satauros

that's not a very supported answer tho, can u scientifically explain it?
I just think a jedi cood hav enough force will alone to fight off an infection, just like Jacen was able to expel Yorik Coral implants in in Dark Tide 2

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 06:16 AM
Click here to Send Satauros a Private Message Find more posts by Satauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't explain it Scientifically because it's never happened, and it seems impossible, as impossible as the force.

However it's called Science Fiction for a reason. Science can not disprove nor really support an argument in a discussion like this.

I doubt it. The Jedi are good at resisting mental attacks like Telepathy, not a physical assault with a creature taking over your brain..

You can not take just one example and apply it to all. I have confidence that Flood can take over a Jedi because there is nothing that has ever completely resisted a Flood infestation. All species that are taken over eventually succumb.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 07:08 AM
Satauros

well this just leads me to another point, the flood are a species focused around a "hive-mind", I doubt the gravemind wood delve into EVERY being it infests, so there's a pretty good chance of the one jedi in question to be found out to be force enabled unless he was apart of the gravemind's mass or added to it, I just don't see the flood being able to tap into the force, it's also seems like a taboo to me, lol

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 07:19 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

But the Gravemind is synominous with it's flood in that it sees what it's flood see. It's also near Omnipotent. It would most definitely notice the difference in the force user.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 07:32 AM
Satauros

alright, I'm ready to get back on topic with this, I'm only gonna agree that the flood MAY hav the ability to use the force, but even so, I believe 117 wood kill it quite easily if the jedi got infected

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 06:12 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think so too.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:17 AM
Elite Hunter

What do you guys think of a lightsaber vs energy sword?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atticus

hmmm the lightsaber has farther reach and easier to twirl,while the energy sword might cut your hand off if you make one false move.in the case of power light saber it can deflect blaster bolts and you never see an energy sword cut though a door.
i' say the lightsaber, energy sword is probably as good as a primitive light saber

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 01:41 AM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Satauros

lightsaber wood win, def.
how bout this? Jedi in MJOLNIR armor?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 05:59 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

In order to use the suit the Jedi would basically have to be a superhuman.

So the real question is not what about a Jedi in MJOLNIR, but the Chief with force powers, as there is no Jedi that can wear the MJOLNIR effectively.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 06:54 AM