KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » how useful would a jedi be

how useful would a jedi be
Started by: Man of Christ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Palpatine uses force storm, end of story smile

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 01:21 PM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

He himself can barely control it, and there's too much flood, all at close range, to kill them all with one attack.

There's a difference between killing 8 stormtroopers who are all shooting you from a distance, then trying to kill hundreds of creatures that are all up in your face.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Satauros

I wooda figured u cooda thought about the Spartan 3 armor in ghosts of onyx, a jedi wood be able to hav pretty good protection along with it being light he cood still move relatively easy,

another thought crossed my mind too, wat if the gravemind knew wat palpatine was an absorbed him & gained ALL of his force powers

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Satauros a Private Message Find more posts by Satauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

They armor could probably help if they survive the augmentation process which I think the upper tier jedi/sith can do not sure about the some of the average jedi/sith or below.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atticus

what about light saber vs bullets?

and i think a jedi could handle the flood.I mean if a jedi can deflect blaster bolts witch are faster than the flood, then he probably has the reflexes to kill the flood. I mean think about how usefull a lightsaber would be in genrel he could just sit in a small corridor and randomly swing for hours and kill hundreds if not more charging flood . plus they have speed and could probably jump higher than the flood. i think a jedi could do this with ease

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. he can't.

Siting in a corner would not help as the Flood also fire weapons, weapons that the Jedi can not deflect, plus he can not kill them all before one flood spore, which is roughly the size of a softball, touches him, and then it;s over.

No Jedi can survive Halo without someway to make it so that they can take more then one shot before dying.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

reflex wise i think the jedi have this one. they deflect lasers which move at the speed of light and bullets only move at the speed of sound. so precognition could help them anticipate a floods approach, and make neccesary moves

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blaster bolts do not move at the speed of light. If they did you wouldn't be able to see them.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Jan 11th, 2008 at 01:48 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 01:42 AM
Elite Hunter

and as i said on a previous page there will be more bullets(assault rifle)fired in a given time frame then a standard rifle we see the clone troops or the droids of the trade federation use,plus it could be harder for them to a bullet rather than a laser.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 01:45 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Blaster bolts do not move at the speed of light. If they did you wouldn't be able to see them.

a L.A.S.E.R is light amplified by stimulated emission of radiatiion. hence it is light and carries with it the properties of light.
youre able to see them for theatrical effect just like when in star wars explosions occur in space, that couldnt really happen because space is a vacuum, theres no oxygen for fire to exist.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Man of Christ
a L.A.S.E.R is light amplified by stimulated emission of radiatiion. hence it is light and carries with it the properties of light.

A blaster bolt is not a laser. There is a difference, even in the Star Wars universe. And I wasnt't referring to just us, even people in the Star Wars universe can see them travel.

quote:
youre able to see them for theatrical effect just like when in star wars explosions occur in space, that couldnt really happen because space is a vacuum, theres no oxygen for fire to exist.

Prove this. Star Wars physics do not always follow our physics. For example, a Human body and brain can not possibly react fast enough to parry something if it is moving at the speed light. EVen if the force were to send us a magical "message" our brains would not even register it in time. We would have to have warning well before the actual shot was fired.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Jan 11th, 2008 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 02:07 AM
Satauros

y coodn't a Jedi jus create a force bubble around him to deflect any kind of projectile fired at him? that wood work and I've seen it done, so the Jedi in question cood technically fight off hordes of flood, he cood just do that so him & the chief cood stay safely in the bubble away from bullets an such, then he cood use force push along with sumthing else to pop all those little flood, problem solved, the jedi woodn't even need armor for that! big grin

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Satauros a Private Message Find more posts by Satauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where have you ever seen a "force bubble" that protects you from anything?

Please don't say one of the games.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 04:44 PM
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

A blaster bolt is not a laser. There is a difference, even in the Star Wars universe. And I wasnt't referring to just us, even people in the Star Wars universe can see them travel.

Prove this. Star Wars physics do not always follow our physics. For example, a Human body and brain can not possibly react fast enough to parry something if it is moving at the speed light. EVen if the force were to send us a magical "message" our brains would not even register it in time. We would have to have warning well before the actual shot was fired.

yes, the jedi abilities do allow for such precognition as to defy physics, allow me to give you 2 proofs

1) speed racers, anakin was the only human speed racer because of his 'jedi like" reflexes

2) proving that the physics is the same. c'mon dude if there were enough oxygen for combustion in space then why wear space suits. tell me that.!!!!!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 06:26 PM
Satauros

yes, the jedi abilities do allow for such precognition as to defy physics, allow me to give you 2 proofs

1) speed racers, anakin was the only human speed racer because of his 'jedi like" reflexes

2) proving that the physics is the same. c'mon dude if there were enough oxygen for combustion in space then why wear space suits. tell me that.!!!!!

not to mention the fact that LucasFilm has never stated there to be oxygen in space, there for it is not canon.

I see the explosions as being created by the remaining oxygen in the exploding ships, same as how the deathstar doesn't create that much of an explosion

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 08:59 PM
Atticus

i really don't think there is anyway of knowing for sure becase star wars is a way
diffrent universe....

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 10:38 PM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

2) proving that the physics is the same. C'mon dude if there were enough oxygen for combustion in space then why wear space suits. tell me that.!!!!!

Then you are proving my point. The Star Wars physics do not follow our own. So there is no proof that a blaster bolt (Which, again, isn't a laser.) moves at he speed of light, because we can see them move.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 01:02 AM
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

Then you are proving my point. The Star Wars physics do not follow our own. So there is no proof that a blaster bolt (Which, again, isn't a laser.) moves at he speed of light, because we can see them move.

( the force just gives jedi an ability to disobey and disregard the laws of physics). so allow me to demonstrate how a blaster bolt is a laser. a lightsaber's principal property is that nothing can cut through it's blade or cross with it, (except of course cortosis which is irrelevant but) the fact that a blaster bolt doesnt go through a lightsaber or the saber doesnt go through it, is proof that they are made of the same thing since in the star wars universe the only thing other than a laser that can do that is cortosis. so if a blaster bolt is not a cortosis pellet guess what, its a laser. and again you can only see it move for theatrical purposes otherwise it would look lame and people wouldnt speak to george lucas .lol

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 01:55 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I consider myself an avid fan of the Halo series (the novels included), and even I have to admit that I'm rather skeptical at the claims you've made, Blax.

The Master Chief's uberness aside, he's ultimately just a genetically enhanced soldier. He utilizes excellent field tactics and superhuman strength to defeat his foes; upper level Jedi or Sith would crush him like a tin can in one gesture. They can move with speed and reaction time that dwarfs anything a Spartan, Elite, Brute, or Flood can perform -- becoming invisible to the eye.

While the Flood en masse could prove to be a veritable threat (especially if they could truthfully absorb Force powers), any individual Flood or Halo being would be effortlessly vaporized, and for the truly godly individuals such as Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine or someone among their number, it would take incalculable numbers of the parasite to overcome them.

Their skills with the lightsaber aside, Luke Skywalker and Palpatine are capable of utilizing Force lightning that can instantly kill a powerful Yuuzhan Vong or -- in Palpatine's case -- fry fifty stormtroopers and disintigrate three powerful Sith acolytes.

The Flood simply don't compare.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 05:52 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I know this is off topic a little but does anyone know if there is a site that has videos of space battles between the UNSC vs Covenant or any other sci-fi fleets I have seen one and it was pretty good but i can't recall where. I would love to see a fleet of SDs try and attack High Charity

EDIT: I found one
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...p;search=Search

Last edited by Elite Hunter on Jan 12th, 2008 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 07:15 PM