KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » James Cameron to announce Jesus tomb discovery.

James Cameron to announce Jesus tomb discovery.
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Fair enough. And I named some of the people I talked to. Didn't know I ( and I alone) had to present a list of credentials. And then, whaddayaknow, you don't even know some of these quite esteemed scientists... So what does that prove? Nothing.

I'll be honest with you, I thought the whole thing was a lie, so I wanted to make you at least come up with something.

I'd say its fair that I don't know a whole lot of scientists outside of my area of research, as it is fair that I could hit you with a bunch of names of prominent attention/vision scientists that you would have never heard of. The celebrity power of science is lacking.

Interestingly enough someone only has to quote a tv programme to be taken more seriously.

lol, you aren't stupid. You have to realize when you open your mouth around a group of people who agree with each other, they will probably be more interested in making you look the fool than themselves.

I agree, in general, with what Bardock and Adam_PoE say, so clearly I'm going to be less motivated to fact check everything that comes out of their mouth. And again, I wouldn't normally do that, aside for the fact that I didn't think you actually had spoken to any scientists.

Having interviewed people for documentaries or having had conversations with them is an incredibly valid source, do not worry, I don't think anyone is against that. Actually, I am generally interested in your documentaries now, lol

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 08:34 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Well, it was strange case though. There were a large number of similar deaths, prolly people being overdosed with medicine, at several hospitals and always when she was working there and doing the medication. So either she was doing it, quite professionally, or she had a long streak of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

no, I hear you, and when making sort of intuitive decisions, I'd go with stats

When it comes to removing someone's freedom and sending them to jail.... I'm more inclined to distrust stats.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 08:35 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You're sure? laughing out loud

I like talking to scientists. I wish they could be more interdisciplinary though, but it takes too much time to get good at a particular field (and find money to do it properly). I thini scientist would be much more able an creative if they see how other people in other fields work and discover. In general they just refer to people in other fields, people they like, without properly looking into their work. And yet, they use that work as reference and evidence. Most of the time, it doesn't pose a problem, but sometimes it does. So I see it as my vocation to bring scientists from different fields together. hehehehe...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 08:39 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

You're sure? laughing out loud

I like talking to scientists. I wish they could be more interdisciplinary though, but it takes too much time to get good at a particular field (and find money to do it properly). I thini scientist would be much more able an creative if they see how other people in other fields work and discover. In general they just refer to people in other fields, people they like, without properly looking into their work. And yet, they use that work as reference and evidence. Most of the time, it doesn't pose a problem, but sometimes it does. So I see it as my vocation to bring scientists from different fields together. hehehehe...

you'd be a fan of cognitive neuroscience then. As a field, it is trying to do just that, maybe with a little less ambition. Its trying to bring the psych, neuro, bio, statistical, AI, and all that jazz together to understand the brain, with awesome results

There is an entire trend in science to do this, as far as I can tell. Except with quantum physics, they still think they can explain everything

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 08:41 PM
queeq
Chaos

I did a few programmes about that actually.
One about addiction and its causes/results in the brain.
One about curing chronic pain in the brain, and treatment of phantom pain by brain stimulation.

I'd like to work on one about autism and its relation to the distubed functions of mirror neurons... Sounds damn interesting.

And then AI... yes, particular interest tehre. Esecially the exploits in finding if we can somehow upload memory to something digital.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 08:47 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
What?

jesus is a symbol of the sun.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 09:27 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sure.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 10:08 PM
tsilamini

One about curing chronic pain in the brain, and treatment of phantom pain by brain stimulation.

wow! It wouldn't by chance be the one with VS Ramachandra hosting it?

http://www.videosift.com/video/TED-...ngs-of-the-mind

I'd like to work on one about autism and its relation to the distubed functions of mirror neurons... Sounds damn interesting.

I have a lot of personal interest in mirror neurons, especially in the use of imitation to pass cultural information.

Not that I know a whole lot about autism, but the fact that behavioural treatments seem to work better than others is so baffling to me smile.

And then AI... yes, particular interest tehre. Esecially the exploits in finding if we can somehow upload memory to something digital.

Unfortunatly that would just require cracking the pattern of neural activation in all individuals.... lol

alright, I'm done, this is so off topic.......

Old Post Jan 25th, 2008 11:54 PM
queeq
Chaos

No, not the Ramachandran one. But we dealt with the same approach, applying it to post traumatic dystrophia or CRPS type 1.

Well autism is interesting, because the mirror neuron approach, and this is my multidisciplinary approach, could even mean we could be moving away from behavirourial treatments. Just like Ramachandran it opens up a possibility of stimulating the inactive mirror neutrons and approach autism on a hardware level, instead of behavioural/software approach.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2008 12:03 PM
Cavedadudemon

PVS IS A PEDO

Old Post Dec 15th, 2019 09:20 PM
Cavedadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send Cavedadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by Cavedadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Sure fly

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Dec 15th, 2019 09:25 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

What a random thread for fly to necro, just to take a dig at a poster

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 17th, 2019 12:50 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Jesus: Tales from the Crypt

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

Tf? Haha, I never heard about this. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 19th, 2019 08:18 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote