KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Heath Ledger Passed Away

Heath Ledger Passed Away
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 9 10 [11]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by U Neek
Hey,

I am a huge Batman fan. I did not know anything about Heath Ledger until I heard he had got the part of The Joker in the upcoming Batman movie. I did not want to say anything until all the facts about his death were known but RIP Heath. I am saddened to hear about your passing.

I am also a bit saddened in regards to earlier comments that were left by certain members of KMC. Comments that did not show Heath the respect he deserves. From what I have read and heard in the news, Heath was not a drug addict, and his death was not a suicide. So to all who thought he died in a negative sense, e.g. he killed himself or was a drug addict, I hope you guys can swallow your pride and show Heath some respect now...

On the flip side of that coin, we gotta take into account that yes Heath plays The Joker in the new Batman movie and yes he will be filling in Jack Nicholsons' shoes. But what if he didn't do a good job of it? What if he bombs playing The Joker? I sincerely hope all fans who go to watch the movie judge his performance solely on that; his performance and not the fact that he passed away in the same year the movie is released.

It's almost certain that some KMC members will probably say he sucks in the part of The Joker just to stir up emotions. But remember guys, everyone is entitled to an opinion. We can't say he plays the part excellently just because he's dead. But what we can do is give an honest opinion on Heath's performance after the movie is released, whether you think he did a good job or not. And an honest, open opinion is probably the last bit of respect we can give Heath in what will be one of the greatest roles he has ever had the chance to play.

-U

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 11:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

More like Mark Hamills job; he was a drug addict before, accidental overdose yes, but your heart can't take it; after being clean for a year or so, you can't just go back on drugs, prescription or otherwise.

But I pay respect to the dead; his death is saddening.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 03:37 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Dent
Two-Face

Ledger

This was one of the most anticipated movies of 2008.

It is sad we will never get to hear Ledger promote his peerless work on this movie upon the release.

Coin lands on the bad head - we hit 'em hard."

Last edited by Harvey Dent on Feb 14th, 2008 at 05:13 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 05:08 AM
Harvey Dent is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Dent a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Dent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Old Post Feb 17th, 2008 11:33 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cozmyster1
dark_shadow

shame to the dude for dien like so many good films buh wen u take over dose on sleepin tabs its a bit obv u wont wake up fr a while or evan not at all =/

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 03:24 PM
cozmyster1 is currently offline Click here to Send cozmyster1 a Private Message Find more posts by cozmyster1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

10+ years laters

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sindahouse
I honestly feel like I've lost a close friend or something. I know thats crazy, and I never met the man, but I've sepnd the last two odd years reading about him in this forum. We all have. We seen the doubters, we questioned his ability, we seen him rise, we waited for the first joker pick, we finally heard the laugh and last of all we got to see his peformance on the trailer. In a way, he has been a part of our lives for a while now. Hence his loss just feels really personal.. I wish I would have shook his hand or something...

R.I.P Heathy. I'll crack open a VB for ya mate

I remember writing this 10+ years ago. 2008 was an amazing year for me for many reason, once of them being The Dark Knight. We finally got to see The Real Joker and my friends and family finally understood why I loved the Batman universe. Batman has come along way since then and many people have said that The Dark Knight was responsible. Health Ledger gets so much credit for his amazing role in this movie and so he should. Ten years later and I'm still blown away. May we never forget the man...

Thanks Health ...we are all indebted sad

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 03:42 AM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote