KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 37 38 [39]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"It has been a while since I have been on Corellia, Senator. However, if my memory serves me correctly, Corellia does not have a standing military."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2016 11:41 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Correct, but I feel the symbolism behind it will prove necessary in the coming debate."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 12:08 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Ah, is there to be a debate about remobilizing the military?"
What do I know about this debate?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 12:55 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Diktat shifts at her desk, while Iblis continues smirking.

"I am petitioning the Diktat," says Iblis, "and her government to reinstate the planetary military to handle the Red Rain threat and the Jenet refugees. I believe I don't need much to make my case."

Spreading her hands flat on the desk, the Diktat responds, "CorSec has proven more than capable of responding to the terrorist threat."

"But not the Jenet mobilization," Iblis counters.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 02:46 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Is that necessary? Saar was manipulating the Jenet from the outset, with him gone I shouldn't be a problem to de-escalate the Jenet. What I would advise now is peace and reconciliation."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 06:25 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Peace and reconciliation?" Iblis asks. "The Jenet armed and harbored terrorists! Would you really put all of this at Quam's feet? I scarcely believe the Jenet are innocent in all this. They should be exiled from Corellia. It's foolish that we listened to Quam and accepted them as refugees in the first place."

"Foolish?" the Diktat says, her face reddening. "We did not know who this Quam Ak-toh truly was."

"I did say 'foolish,' didn't I?" Iblis says, fixing her with a glare. She slowly reclines back against her chair, lips pursed.

-

Rarely do Jedi Knights involve themselves in local politics. Technically, you reached the conclusion of your mandate. You helped CorSec apprehend the terrorists, removed their leadership by winning the fight against Kardir and chasing off Quam, and protected the Diktat. The Senate and the Council will acknowledge a job well done.

It is up to Roan if he wants to engage Iblis on the topic of the Jenet.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 08:40 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Since Quam was involved in this, Roan feels that, while not making local political decisions, he can provide more information about who Quam was and his powers.

"You will never run into the likes of Quam again. He was able to stand in the same room as me, and I could not sense his powers. This is a rare thing. One I have never seen before, and I have traveled to the ends of the galaxy. I saw the Jenet leader. His mind was clouded, controlled. He did not make his own decisions. Quam exerted influence over him that we can not fathom. I do not wish to interfere with your decisions, it is not my place to dictate the path of Corellia, but my advice is this; do not make decisions assuming that Quam, or anyone like him, will ever return."

Old Post Jan 30th, 2016 07:29 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Who's to say that the Jenet leader will not continue Quam's mission to destabilize Corellia?" asks Iblis, crossing his arms and reclining into his own chair. "Quam may not return to our world, but his agents haven't left it."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 07:40 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Alright, lets just finish this.

"This is a question of the efficacy of the military to undertake what are fundamentally policing procedures. I am not in the position to tell you how to run your planet, but in my experience, when you use the military to do police work, major problems arise. You have one of the greatest police forces in the galaxy. My advice, is to use it."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2016 07:58 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Iblis' argument lies more in the "We should kick all the Jenet out!" line of thought than actively doubting in CorSec's capability to operate. But you have an argument in there. Run with it.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 04:12 AM