KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 16 17 [18]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kaibs
Well Florida got dropped 4 slots, and Oklahoma is 10th now. So I'm glad the AP isn't dickin around this year.

As for the Cane / Buckeyes game. I think turnovers will definitely play a huge factor. The Bucks will want to keep it low scoring, but the Canes have the potential to make it rain on them all day.

who took florida's spot?

yeah the cane's do, jacori(sp?) is pretty good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 05:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
who took florida's spot?

yeah the cane's do, jacori(sp?) is pretty good

RK TEAM RECORD PTS PVS
1 Alabama (47) 1-0 1484 1
2 Ohio State (4) 1-0 1412 2
3 Boise State (8) 1-0 1399 3
4 TCU 1-0 1256 6
5 Texas (1) 1-0 1192 5
6 Nebraska 1-0 1105 8
7 Oregon 1-0 1077 11
8 Florida 1-0 1065 4
9 Iowa 1-0 1044 9
10 Oklahoma 1-0 917 7
11 Wisconsin 1-0 881 12
12 Miami (FL) 1-0 877 13
13 Virginia Tech 0-1 782 10
14 Arkansas 1-0 572 17
15 Georgia Tech 1-0 555 16
16 USC 1-0 520 14
17 Florida State 1-0 504 20
18 Penn State 1-0 418 19
19 LSU 1-0 384 21
20 Utah 1-0 365 NR
21 Auburn 1-0 362 22
22 Georgia 1-0 353 23
23 West Virginia 1-0 226 25
24 South Carolina 1-0 164 NR
25 Stanford 1-0 96 NR

Yes sir, Jacory Harris is a beast. We haven't had a QB as good as him since Ken Dorsey. Oh how I miss the days of Dorsey.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 08:44 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

RK TEAM RECORD PTS PVS
1 Alabama (47) 1-0 1484 1
2 Ohio State (4) 1-0 1412 2
3 Boise State (8) 1-0 1399 3
4 TCU 1-0 1256 6
5 Texas (1) 1-0 1192 5
6 Nebraska 1-0 1105 8
7 Oregon 1-0 1077 11
8 Florida 1-0 1065 4
9 Iowa 1-0 1044 9
10 Oklahoma 1-0 917 7
11 Wisconsin 1-0 881 12
12 Miami (FL) 1-0 877 13
13 Virginia Tech 0-1 782 10
14 Arkansas 1-0 572 17
15 Georgia Tech 1-0 555 16
16 USC 1-0 520 14
17 Florida State 1-0 504 20
18 Penn State 1-0 418 19
19 LSU 1-0 384 21
20 Utah 1-0 365 NR
21 Auburn 1-0 362 22
22 Georgia 1-0 353 23
23 West Virginia 1-0 226 25
24 South Carolina 1-0 164 NR
25 Stanford 1-0 96 NR

Yes sir, Jacory Harris is a beast. We haven't had a QB as good as him since Ken Dorsey. Oh how I miss the days of Dorsey.

miami was good back in the day..

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 06:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

great win for boise state

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 07:43 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

miami was good back in the day..

Yeah, but they're coming back to glory. It's taken a few years since Coker's dismantling of the team, but Shannon is on the right track.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 07:45 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Yeah, but they're coming back to glory. It's taken a few years since Coker's dismantling of the team, but Shannon is on the right track.

yes he has, all he has to do is keep winning

Old Post Sep 9th, 2010 03:29 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

yes he has, all he has to do is keep winning

Yeah, but a lot of people called for his head in the past when we struggled. It's a bit frustrating to say the least. But we got a good coaching staff so I think we'll be fine. Saturday is almost here finally. There's even a game on tonight.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2010 08:43 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Yeah, but a lot of people called for his head in the past when we struggled. It's a bit frustrating to say the least. But we got a good coaching staff so I think we'll be fine. Saturday is almost here finally. There's even a game on tonight.

what game is on tonight although i'll have to catch it after the saints/vikings game

Old Post Sep 9th, 2010 11:58 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Auburn against Mississippi State was on.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 09:13 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Auburn against Mississippi State was on.

i saw the highlights on espn last night, the saints game was a little better

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 06:49 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Yeah they were both pretty decent games I suppose.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 06:51 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

No posts in this thread since week 1? I know it's only November 2nd, but most likely it's going to be Oregon vs. either Alabama or Auburn.

This should be a good game. My only problem with this is that I think Oregon will be #1 heading into the game, which means that they will get uniform choice. Considering they unveil a new shade of snot every other week, the uniform for the BCS Championship should be an all-timer, unlike anything you've ever witnessed coming out of your nose.

Last edited by botankus on Nov 2nd, 2010 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2010 05:53 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

My BCS predictions.

Sugar - LSU vs. Texas Christian
*Despite Alabama's popularity, it takes a lot for the Sugar Bowl to pass on LSU if they beat Arkansas.
*Texas Christian is close by so it's attractive.

Orange - Pitt vs. NC State
*As bad of a team as Pitt is, I think with Deon Lewis they beat WVU and Cincy and get the Big East berth.
*Upset pick here. NC State controls their own destiny. If they beat Maryland, they go to the ACC Championship. This is where the upset occurs by beating Virginia Tech.
(Note: Just because I live in North Carolina does not mean I am a NCSU fan. I went to Georgia Tech, for the matter and could care less about the Wolfpack...even if I work with a pack of their fans.)

Fiesta - Boise State vs. Oklahoma St.
*Tough call on Big 12 rep..pure guess here.
*Boise State "defaults" to this bowl because of proximity.

Rose - Stanford vs. Wisconsin
*If all 3 Big 10 leaders win this weekend, the one with the highest BCS ranking gets the crown. Wisconsin is currently ranked the highest.
*Stanford is a no-brainer if Oregon wins out.

BCS Championship - Oregon vs. Auburn
*Even if Auburn loses to Alabama, I think they win the SEC title outright and get the BCS Championship berth.
*Oregon will win out despite pesky battle vs. Rodgers brothers.

Sugar - TCU 24, LSU 21 (OT)
Orange - NC State 33, Pitt 13
Fiesta - Boise State 36, OK State 32
Rose - Wisconsin 30, Stanford 17
BCS Championship - Auburn 51, Oregon 45 (2 OT)

Last edited by botankus on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 02:17 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

The right two teams are playing the for title, it's pretty clear. I've seen about 8 of Auburn's games this year and they can put up some points if only their WR's step it up and DB's play more aggressively (which they have been of late).

I really don't have anything to add about Oregon except that I'm just blown away how, in a time of budget cuts and financial cutbacks, a team can continuously change its entire uniform on a weekly basis.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2010 01:48 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Oregon hasn't seen a team like Auburn all season long, much less a player like Cam Newton. The game will probably be close, but Auburn pulls it out in the fourth quarter.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 04:51 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Oregon hasn't seen a team like Auburn all season long, much less a player like Cam Newton. The game will probably be close, but Auburn pulls it out in the fourth quarter.

ITA

Old Post Dec 7th, 2010 05:38 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Wow, 6-1/2 years without a single post about college football.

Old Post May 15th, 2017 01:28 PM
johncarner

Tennessee was beaten by Cal in the same season they won the SEC East, which was the same season they embarrassed Georgia, the same team many people felt was the best team at the end of last season. When I said the Pac-10 is showing how overrated the SEC is, I didn't just mean this past game. I mean how USC beat Arkansas by 36 in the same season they won the SEC West, which came a season after we beat them by 53. Many down played the 06 win, just as you are doing right now. The Pac-10 has constantly beaten the SEC's best teams, yet we get no respect. Tennessee still has a chance to win their division, many didn't think they could do it last season after their opening lost to Cal, but I think they have the defense to do it. That offense is a joke though, or maybe the Bruins defense is just that good.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2020 10:26 AM
johncarner is currently offline Click here to Send johncarner a Private Message Find more posts by johncarner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote