KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Good thing about my in-laws is that the understand to not mess with me and football around this time of the year. They just know.

That's good. Mine are pretty mindful, and my immediate family definitely is. Ever since I was twelve and pitched a uproarious fit because they turned the Lions game off on Thanksgiving when dinner was served at 1:30 PM. Now dinner is served at 3:40 PM on Thanksgiving Day every year.

With the way the Lions have been playing on Thanksgiving the past few years, we might be able to eat around 2:00.

Last edited by botankus on Aug 28th, 2008 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 06:53 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Look forward to watching college football this season.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 07:16 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by botankus
That's good. Mine are pretty mindful, and my immediate family definitely is. Ever since I was twelve and pitched a uproarious fit because they turned the Lions game off on Thanksgiving when dinner was served at 1:30 PM. Now dinner is served at 3:40 PM on Thanksgiving Day every year.

With the way the Lions have been playing on Thanksgiving the past few years, we might be able to eat around 2:00.

As I say, the football season its only 5 months and is on Sundays. If I was a hockey nut like everbody else, your looking at 3 days a week.....

Eating at 1:30....yesh, I guess we do Thanksgiving differently.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 08:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The games on saturday should be quite entertaining and well worth watching

Old Post Aug 28th, 2008 09:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Sanchez is the man. So cool and calm in the pocket, and he has a rocket for an arm. I can't wait for the tOSU game. We have the best defense again, and our offense has finally caught up, now that Booty is gone.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2008 10:42 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Sanchez is the man. So cool and calm in the pocket, and he has a rocket for an arm. I can't wait for the tOSU game. We have the best defense again, and our offense has finally caught up, now that Booty is gone.

I wasn't surprised at all. USC is poised once again to make a run. The OSU game may be a good one

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 02:03 AM
Biff Tannen

Well, once again my season is over before it begins. Last year with App St. and now Utah. At least this year I expected it. We weren't really going to be any good this year.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 05:24 AM
Biff Tannen is currently offline Click here to Send Biff Tannen a Private Message Find more posts by Biff Tannen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by Biff Tannen
Well, once again my season is over before it begins. Last year with App St. and now Utah. At least this year I expected it. We weren't really going to be any good this year.

They didnt feed McGuffie enough!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 02:39 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Last nights games were great and very entertaining. Can't wait until next week

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 08:21 PM
RocasAtoll

Originally posted by forumcrew
They didnt feed McGuffie enough!

Haha that's sig worthy.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2008 09:29 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

USC looked impressive

Hopefully, UCLA Bruins will win

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 08:40 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by guy222
USC looked impressive

Hopefully, UCLA Bruins will win

so far the sec is kicking ass

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 02:27 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Lets see how the mighty SEC does against the PAC-10 tonight. UCLA vs Tennessee(18)

Last season Cal embarrassed them.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 09:56 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Lets see how the mighty SEC does against the PAC-10 tonight. UCLA vs Tennessee(18)

Sucks to be Kevin Craft tonight. very lucky to only be down 7 at half though.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:45 AM
forumcrew

yikes what a blown call on the screen!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 03:36 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The almighty SEC isn't what is cracked up to be. GO BRUINS GO BRUINS. Best SEC team is Florida. Tennessee isn't all that. They struggled and they were supposed to destroy the Bruins. That did not happen

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 03:57 AM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Tennessee won the SEC East last season, same season one of the Pac-10's worst teams hung 41 on them.

Now UCLA, who knows where they will finish, but this just shows that the SEC isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

The media will down play this by saying Tennessee isn't a good team, even though they were ranked 18 and won their division last season. Props to UCLA, representing the Pac-10 well.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:14 AM
forumcrew

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
The almighty SEC isn't what is cracked up to be. GO BRUINS GO BRUINS. Best SEC team is Florida. Tennessee isn't all that. They struggled and they were supposed to destroy the Bruins. That did not happen

ill give the kid credit he played much better in the second half. However tenn played the better game unfortunately their (usually good) kicker had an off night and they got shafted on a couple calls. Fun 2nd half to watch though.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:14 AM
forumcrew

Tennessee won the SEC East last season, same season one of the Pac-10's worst teams hung 41 on them.

Now UCLA, who knows where they will finish, but this just shows that the SEC isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

The media will down play this by saying Tennessee isn't a good team, even though they were ranked 18 and won their division last season. Props to UCLA, representing the Pac-10 well.

not sure id call that representing them well it was a pretty embarassing win.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:16 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Man, I hate the pooch kick.

I dont understand why teams use it. It makes sense if they have a Devin Hester back there running kicks but throughout the whole game there wasn't alot of crazy amount of kick returns.

Kicking it back takes more time off and usually amounts to around the 25-30 yard line instead it was around 40-45 yard line and three plays later they're in field goal range. Doesnt make sense too me.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 04:46 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote