KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Red Alert 3

Red Alert 3
Started by: Morridini

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spartan005

Parachuting bears? Are they ****ing joking?

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 20th, 2008 10:14 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

You didn't have problems with the Allied Dolphins fighting Soviet Squids but you don't like the Parachute Bears?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:04 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

its fun and unique, having dirty grindy units consantly in every either WW game OR C&C with always realistic designs half the time gets tireing, this is unique, adds some humour and is pretty cool imo

Old Post May 21st, 2008 02:49 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
You didn't have problems with the Allied Dolphins fighting Soviet Squids but you don't like the Parachute Bears?

hmm... never thought of it that way.

I don't know, I guess when RA2 came out I was 7 years younger so that type of stuff never bothered me. Whatever, I'll get used to it

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 21st, 2008 07:05 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

For me it's part of RA's charm. They just don't take themselves seriously,

The acting is over the top, the weapons are over the top, and it all just works out great. Of course you have to appreciate this kind of humour.

Good example is this great corny intro to Red Alert 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/...ies/190051.html
In my opinion just freaking great, some others just can't see the beauty of it, and find it crappy.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 08:02 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

For me it's part of RA's charm. They just don't take themselves seriously,

The acting is over the top, the weapons are over the top, and it all just works out great. Of course you have to appreciate this kind of humour.

Good example is this great corny intro to Red Alert 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/...ies/190051.html
In my opinion just freaking great, some others just can't see the beauty of it, and find it crappy.

lol, yeah I love that opening. I was just playing it yesterday actually (yeah I need some new rts games)

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 09:57 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Come of it, dolphins are used in the military so its at least feasable.
And maybe squids could be controlled by some sonar evice, and these creatures are more effective in thier element as humans.

But whats the advantage of "parachuting bears"? They arnīt as dominatn in thier element as the sea creatures for obvious reasons and surely would just be cannon fodder, unless they are armoured and cary weapons in which case why not use humans in the first place.

But Im open to anything new, so Iīm definetly looking forward to seeing this.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 06:26 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Great new vid: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38591.html
The most important aspect of the RA series is still very much alive, the great wooden acting.

Also saw some real actors in there, that bearded dude and Peter Stormare.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2008 02:53 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Fun little remix of RA 3.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 06:34 PM