KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Are dvd's a wast of money?

Are dvd's a wast of money?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Are dvd's a wast of money?

Are dvds a wast of money ?? Yes they are cheap but 99% off the time they are on the book shelf.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 08:17 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

No dvds are not a waste of money. If get a dvd I end up not liking I just sell it again to get rid of it.

I like knowing that I have all the films I enjoyed just waiting on my own shelves if I ever decide to watch one of them again, or show someone else the film. Also I watch lots of single scenes over and over from a lot of my dvds.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 09:22 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RAMANMD
Restricted

Account Restricted

we can say that it is wasteful to buy DVDs...In today's scenario internet provides the facility to watch as well as to download the latest movies as you need.......internet removes the problem of purchasing the DVDs....
So purchase the DVDs only after watching it on the internet....

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 09:42 AM
RAMANMD is currently offline Click here to Send RAMANMD a Private Message Find more posts by RAMANMD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I ussually dont go out and blindly buy dvd's. All the Dvd's I own are either anime, or movie classics that I MUST own.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 02:24 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RAMANMD
we can say that it is wasteful to buy DVDs...In today's scenario internet provides the facility to watch as well as to download the latest movies as you need.......internet removes the problem of purchasing the DVDs....
So purchase the DVDs only after watching it on the internet....

No. That's stupid, immoral and illegal.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 04:04 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'll say it now and for you future KMCers will prove me wrong.....

Blu-ray or any other format is a waste of money.

DVD FTW!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 10:12 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
DVD FTW!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 11:20 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kram3r
No. That's stupid, immoral and illegal.

yes...but he's also a spammer...so you can ignore it

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 10:37 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

DVD is today's Beta, while Blue ray/HD DVD is more like VHS. But technology has improve a lot since then. I only buy movies that I like, so no it's not a waste of money.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 12:15 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
DVD is today's Beta, while Blue ray/HD DVD is more like VHS.

That's a bad analogy if I ever heard one.

DVD is selling tremendously and has no signs of stopping for a while. Blu Ray is just a treat for those who can afford it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 03:18 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Originally posted by Impediment
That's a bad analogy if I ever heard one.

DVD is selling tremendously and has no signs of stopping for a while. Blu Ray is just a treat for those who can afford it.

That is exactly what I said to my mates when we were talking about it the other day.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 04:20 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faith27

I'll say no..because if your happy with what your spending for then go for it...but if you don't have much money think twice or thrice before buying it.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 04:49 PM
Faith27 is currently offline Click here to Send Faith27 a Private Message Find more posts by Faith27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I used to be into buying dvds, but now I only buy a dvd if I absolutely have to have that movie because it blew me away. I only buy like maybe two a year. I came to a realization one time that it is a waste of money to buy dvds since there are retal stores everywhere that have larger collections of dvds than I'll ever have, and I can go and rent any one them for a small price rather than buying them.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 06:09 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tempe Brennan
Bones

It depends what the DVD is. Some are way overpriced even I wouldn't buy them, even if it were a film I have already seen. I do admit to watching some movies on the net before I decide to buy. I don't see a problem with that provided of course that anything downloaded is deleted after watching.
I bought a few films after watching them on the net, having not seem them, and not willing to buy them without knowing the plot etc, I watched them and I think I bought two of the three I watched.
Over here though DVD's can be as much as $40 which to me is a rip off as it probably only costs half as much to burn the movie on the disk and stick it in that case thing. They really make a profit...
It also depends which store you shop at. Some stores sell DVD's at a price higher than other stores such as Kmart or Target, they are the places to check first, leave the franchise stores alone until there is nowhere else to go.

Thanks Passione

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 02:46 AM
Tempe Brennan is currently offline Click here to Send Tempe Brennan a Private Message Find more posts by Tempe Brennan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I used to be into buying dvds, but now I only buy a dvd if I absolutely have to have that movie because it blew me away. I only buy like maybe two a year. I came to a realization one time that it is a waste of money to buy dvds since there are retal stores everywhere that have larger collections of dvds than I'll ever have, and I can go and rent any one them for a small price rather than buying them.

I never planned to own a video store. That's crazy. I don't like that many movies.

However, when you do the math, you'd find out at what point your collection becomes worth it. I bought Radio the other day for $5. That's close to a rental at Blockbuster already. When I watch it again, it'll already be worth the price.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:33 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
and I can go and rent any one them for a small price rather than buying them.

It's cheaper to buy the dvd than go into town to rent it for me... It would cost me about £8 to go into town and rent a movie, then go back into town to take it back, so £12 say... I might as well buy the film on dvd. I can usually find most new films on dvd for £8, free postage.

So renting like that IS a waste of money for me. That's why I rent from online for most films, and if I end up really liking the film, I buy it.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 05:50 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

£8 from taking a bus? In that case, it's much more worth it to have it handy on you.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 07:25 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep. Cheaper for me to buy new releases instead of going to rent a new release in town.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 02:24 PM
littlecrypp

definitely not. but just for different people

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 06:53 AM
littlecrypp is currently offline Click here to Send littlecrypp a Private Message Find more posts by littlecrypp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crystallake
Slasher

In a way, it probably IS a waste of money, but like many other DVD buyers, I like to think of my DVD collection as a sort of statement. I don't buy DVDs JUST because I think I'll watch them so often that it makes better financial sense than renting; I buy some DVDs because I believe that adding them to my collection somehow gives a more complete picture of my tastes, and who I am as a person.

Weird, I know... but I guess it's what happens when you combine the rampant consumerism of Americans with an inner need for expression through appreciation of art.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 08:30 PM
crystallake is currently offline Click here to Send crystallake a Private Message Find more posts by crystallake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote