KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Nihilus and the Ravager

Nihilus and the Ravager
Started by: 123KID

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
123KID
Restricted

Account Restricted

no
she specifically comments on what he does to the crew of his ship
she has no way of knowing that

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 05:08 PM
Click here to Send 123KID a Private Message Find more posts by 123KID Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

It is a commonly known thing that authors will place knowledge in characters that they shouldn't have, just because the knowledge needs to be told. There wasn't really any way to tell the player that Nihilus pulled the ship from the gravity well, except through Tobin, because Nihilus doesn't speak basic. However, I do see Ivalice's side that since Torfin didn't actually see it being pulled that the statement could be deemed false, and the incedent could be written any way some other writer wanted to write it.

But it is obvious that the writers who did Kotor 2 intended for what Tobin said to be true.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Mar 4th, 2008 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Maybe if Visas had said something. But nope, she was too busy declaring her servitude and fighting her own demons to fill the audience in on information we'd no doubt question, thereby avoiding this dilemma.

B*tch.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:39 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Hey, it's not her fault, she just said what the writers told her two, and even at that, did she see the Nihilus pulling the ravager, because if not, then we would still be having this discussion.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

B*tch still could of decided to be there. She still could of persuaded the writers to tell her to tell us.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

lol

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 03:47 AM
Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I have a quick question, what makes people think Tobin WASN'T there when Nihilus lifted the Ravager?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 04:05 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
B*tch still could of decided to be there. She still could of persuaded the writers to tell her to tell us.

Wow... That makes so much sence.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2008 04:34 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Kapton JAC
Wow... That makes so much sence.
So does the word "sence."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 10:53 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
I have a quick question, what makes people think Tobin WASN'T there when Nihilus lifted the Ravager?
Simply because it was "pulled" from malachor prior to K2 and the fact that if tobin was there at that time, he would have been enslaved and not be working on onderon which we see in K2.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 05:06 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

True... I think... It's been a long time.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 01:04 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Ivalice
Simply because it was "pulled" from malachor prior to K2 and the fact that if tobin was there at that time, he would have been enslaved and not be working on onderon which we see in K2.
Dude...Tobin was ALWAYS working for Nihilus. Traya informed him of Jedi hiding in Telos, knowing he would tell his master, who was Nihilus.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 02:10 AM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Dude...Tobin was ALWAYS working for Nihilus. Traya informed him of Jedi hiding in Telos, knowing he would tell his master, who was Nihilus.
You seem to forget that he started "working" for nihilus during K2. NOT before K2 or he would have been enslaved by nihilus powers or better yet, crushed by malachors dark side energy which according to kreia,(she) was crushed by it.

And either vaklu or tobin said something about "our new ally".

Anyways the burden of proof falls on you, YOU have to prove that he wes there, i don't have to do the latter.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 06:23 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Or you could make it easier on everyone and PROVE that he wasn't, because if what you said is true then there has to be proof in the game.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 01:11 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kapton JAC
Or you could make it easier on everyone and PROVE that he wasn't, because if what you said is true then there has to be proof in the game.
I don't have to prove a negative. He made a claim, the burden falls on him. I am merely asking him to prove up.

You make a claim, you prove it.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 06:17 AM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

very true.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 03:12 PM