KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Indiana Jones Special Edition DVD's

Indiana Jones Special Edition DVD's
Started by: Stun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

I'm sure Stallone has.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:57 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Indiana Jones Special Edition DVD's

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stun
great, i'm gonna have to sell my boxset now!stick out tongue

I wouldn't. Personally, I don't enjoy making-of features. I've seen a few making-of Star Wars programs, but I avoid most shows of the sort. When I watch a movie, I want to watch the movie, not think "that's a potato; they cut it in half and threw it across the room and then played it back in reverse and slow motion, that's how they did that." or some such thing.

I don't even like the audio commentary feature, though. For most of my movies, I've never even turned it on. (especially since my roomate's dvd player in the living room seems to think it always needs to be on. Once you turn it on, it pretty much decides for itself when it wants to turn the feature off) I listened to the commentary on X3, and it just made the movie even worse for me. I had hoped it might provide some story insight and improve on the film for me, but it was 2 hours of Brett Ratner verbally masturbating himself and making it obvious how craptastic a director he really is and it just sucked out the few moments of enjoyment I actually got out of that movie.

And I don't want any of that to happen with Indy. It's been, up to this point, the only franchise that's been pretty much perfect for me. I'm seriously thinking of not even seeing the next one, as Lucas, Speilburg AND Ford have all gone down hill considerably in the last decade.(I'm not just talking about getting older) And from what I see in the trailer, there's way too much cgi in it for my liking. At this point, I can't even watch any of the Star Wars PT. And I'm very slowly beginning to forget things about it. (until I suddenly remember) So, hopefully in a few years I'll be well on the way to rendering those disasters moot in my SW mindset.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 18th, 2008 11:46 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Apparantly it's pacing is similar to the other three and CGI is reduced to a minimum. TLC had some CGI but that looked like crap. It's bound to be about as much and much better.

Old Post May 19th, 2008 02:45 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

it's a nice little addition to have, but nothing on the 2003 boxset (no i wont be selling it afterall stick out tongue) the best bit by far was the 'melting face doc' which i enjoyed to the point where i wanted to remake the scene myselfstick out tongue and it also did show (very little) behind the scenes footage from Indy IV which i hadnt seen before. If they combined this with the orginal set, it would be a little bit more...complete, but hardly noticeable if you know what i mean. I'm just starting off my Indy collection, so buying the SE set means i'm one more step towards rivalling my SW collection laughing out loud

Old Post May 20th, 2008 11:01 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

`is it worth it?

Old Post May 21st, 2008 08:38 AM
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

melting face doc aside (which you could prolly see on youtube)?

Naaa..i wouldnt say it was worth it

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:33 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

THen I better wait for the the 4-film boxset.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 10:04 PM
coolmovies

Just to let you know queeq stallon is working on a script for the 5th rambo movie .

Wait for the 5 disk set thats what i say in 2010. I seen the new rambo too great film go watch it queeq

Last edited by coolmovies on May 22nd, 2008 at 08:14 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 08:11 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I can't even bear to watch 4... or any other again, apart from the original.

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 08:59 PM