KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which Side Do You Support?

Which Side?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Jedi 12 50.00%
Sith 12 50.00%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which Side Do You Support?
Started by: ThoraxeRMG

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

A don't believe in taking over the Universe or anything, but I do agree with the basic Sith concepts of 'survival of the fittest' and 'equality is a lie' etc. I would still think this way without SW though. By contrast the Jedi ideals of sacrifice and emotional paralysis seem pathetic.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which is why the Jedi always win and most Sith never make it past the age of like 60?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

What?! Dooku, Sidious, Krayt, Traya, Qordis and that wierd Sith from Krayts holocrons all surpassed the age of 60. And this isn't about winning its about philosophy, in which the Jedi are vastly weaker.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku was only a Sith for maybe the last twenty years of his life, and he was in his eighties. So he was already past 60 when he became a Sith. So you have two who made it past 60. Congrats.

Sith philosophy is weak. If they had a good philosophy they wouldn't destroy themselves from the inside.

Working together for one common goal is always >>> individual agendas, which is apart of Sith philosophy.

EDIT- It's ironic that a group of people ewho's golden rule is self-preservation, usually die so early because of their self-destructive ways.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Mar 5th, 2008 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:15 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Sith philosophy is weak. If they had a good philosophy they wouldn't destroy themselves from the inside.

Hence the Rule of Two

quote:
Working together for one common goal is always >>> individual agendas, which is apart of Sith philosophy.

HA!! Yes, THAT'S the way the world works!! You help others and everythings hunky dorrey. Wake up commy, the mass is weak, the individual is strong. Those with power and strength get the glory that they deserve and everyone else gets pwned. 'Equality is a lie'= truth.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:23 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

How the way world works, is completely irrelevant.

The world is a complete shithole because the real world follows the Sith philosophy.

So that's still only proving my point. Reality does not equate to perfection, or plausibility.

You can look at it any way you want, and cry. But the fact of the matter is that the Jedi had control of the Galaxy for thousands of years, and they worked together, and always won in the end. The Sith ruled the galaxy for twenty years, then, *gasp*. What happened? The leader was backstabbed by his closest ally and thrown down an energy shaft. Bye bye Sith. Bye bye control of the Galaxy. They are constantly destroying themselves using their own golden rule.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Mar 5th, 2008 at 04:42 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 04:33 PM
exanda kane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
I do agree with the basic Sith concepts of 'survival of the fittest' and 'equality is a lie' etc.

Get out.

I'd rather you believe in the Sith from Star Wars than profess to agree with those "ideals."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2008 05:15 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What?! Dooku, Sidious, Krayt, Traya, Qordis and that wierd Sith from Krayts holocrons all surpassed the age of 60. And this isn't about winning its about philosophy, in which the Jedi are vastly weaker.
Ahem. Yup, Krayt's unfinished story aside, those guys you mentioned... all dead. Killed to be exact.

Killed by Jedi, or by each other. One was killed at the behest of another Sith. Bet none of us saw that coming.

It's the constant LOSING that makes the Sith inferior. The constant backstabbing and betrayals, and endless suspicion. You can be stronger than any Jedi alive, but when you piss everyone else off to the point they turn on you... you're weak.

If you're so goddamned arrogant and blind that you don't see your apprentice deliver the killing blow to you... you're weak.

The Jedi die a lot too, and they've got flaws like every ideology, but at least they know how to get along. At least in a Jedi enclave, you don't have to worry about a fellow colleague turning everyone against you, or plot to murder you.

And the thing so lovely about the Jedi compared to the Sith is... they win, often. Very often. In fact, excluding the unfinished stories, the Jedi have won every time.

When you get right down to it, you join the Sith for freedom and power. But when you're DEAD, it doesn't mean much.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Man of Christ
Apostle and Preacher

Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Do you support the Sith or the Jedi?
State your reasons why as well.

I support only the njo jedi. they were more open to emotions which were part of humanity.

the sith take the quick and easy path and use thier powers for torture not for justice.
the sith believe in social darwinism thats based on strength in the force, which is why they always try to take over the world and usurp thier masters.

the jedi belive in redemption and giving everyone a chance, the sith on the other hand are either brutal blood lusting beasts, like sion, malak and maul, or conniving traitors like siddious, traya and dooku.

look at order 66 and the way each sith died as perfect examples of why sith shouldnt rule.
While not all jedi are perfect, at least they strive for the better goal.

besides, everytime a sith comes to power, all it takes it one jedi to take him down. all it took was jedi revan to down malak. exile to down the whole triumvirate mostly single handedly. luke to get rid of siddious. the whole point is sith are so hungry for power they consume themselves but jedi fight for peace

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

angel

Last edited by Man of Christ on Mar 6th, 2008 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 01:22 AM
Click here to Send Man of Christ a Private Message Find more posts by Man of Christ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I disagree with the sith, because they were always falling apart, and betraying eachother all the time, well that and the whole ruthlessness thing...

I have to admit, though the Jedi teachings are full on holes, in truth I'd have to side with them since they fight for justice... and not power.

However, both groups are far from perfect.

Originally posted by Man of Christ
the jedi belive in redemption and giving everyone a chance, the sith on the other hand are either brutal blood lusting beasts, like sion, malak and maul, or conniving traitors like siddious, traya and dooku.

Hey, don't forget Bane, and Revan.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Mar 6th, 2008 at 02:40 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 02:38 AM
Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
How the way world works, is completely irrelevant.

The world is a complete shithole because the real world follows the Sith philosophy.

So that's still only proving my point. Reality does not equate to perfection, or plausibility.

You can look at it any way you want, and cry. But the fact of the matter is that the Jedi had control of the Galaxy for thousands of years, and they worked together, and always won in the end. The Sith ruled the galaxy for twenty years, then, *gasp*. What happened? The leader was backstabbed by his closest ally and thrown down an energy shaft. Bye bye Sith. Bye bye control of the Galaxy. They are constantly destroying themselves using their own golden rule.

I can agree that the unity of the Jedi is certainly superior, by leagues, to the Sith idealogy of self preservation in the long-run, and I can also agree that their lack of foresight is ridiculous, and the irony of self-destruction for a self-preserving Order is hilarious.

However, that said, the Jedi most certainly did not -- under any circumstances -- control the galaxy. They were bound slaves to the Old Republic; civil servants. They helped direct the course of the galaxy and maintained order, but their control and influence is nothing compared to the Sith ascension, Blax. Palpatine directly controlled the galaxy under a larger and more "unified" regime than the Jedi. So, yes, some of these people do have a point.

Furthermore, while I also agree that it is alarming how often the Jedi seem to win due to Sith stupidity, I will also point out that when the Sith finally did win absolutely -- the PT -- the Sith responsible was one man. One. Man. ****ed over a Jedi Order of 10,000 and knocked them off their perch. That ownage is more than most Jedi can claim.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yeah, both ideologies are flawed, far from perfect. But the Sith ways are just crazy... I mean my god, they're corrupted, selfish, self-centered, self-destructive, betrayal, power-hungry, full-of-hatred ideologies... nothing can be worse than that...

The ideologies I support are the ones of the New Jedi Order, not PT or older.

Last edited by Col. Valerian on Mar 6th, 2008 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

This thread alone is why the EU sucks.

I'll take the Jedi.

Why?

Because they don't take it in the ass.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 05:01 AM
Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I think they do. They both must.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 09:36 AM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
It always comes down to hating and shooting lightning out of their hands.... Jedi find a variety of ways to kill things.

If by variety you mean lightsaber duel, then yes.
And you obviously have never played KOTOR or read DE. The Sith have the widest range of killing techniques ever.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 11:55 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Jedi ruled the Galaxy for thousands upon thousands of years. Sith died out.

But the Jedi never enjoyed it. The Sith always have fun. Look at that merry fellow malak.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 11:58 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
I have to admit, though the Jedi teachings are full on holes, in truth I'd have to side with them since they fight for justice... and not power.

Are you honestly saying that given the choice, you would dedicate your whole life to the need's of other's. That goes to all of you.
The Jedi use their power only for others and take nothing for themselves. They are beyond stupidity. They waste their power and their lives.
The Sith are not perfect but they are far more preferable than the Idiocy of the Jedi.
Name me one Jedi genius.
The Sith have at least 10
quote:
Get out.

I'd rather you believe in the Sith from Star Wars than profess to agree with those "ideals."

Up yours. I can believe whatever I want. At least I have a valid opinion and philosophy.
My Philosophy is based on Nietzche. Yours on diddly scwat

quote:
I mean my god, they're corrupted, selfish, self-centered, self-destructive, betrayal, power-hungry, full-of-hatred ideologies... nothing can be worse than that...

Watch Equilibrium. That would be a Jedi's wet dream.
And have you heard of Caedus?!!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:23 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you honestly saying that given the choice, you would dedicate your whole life to the need's of other's. That goes to all of you.

I already have. And again your trying to apply their ideals to the way the world works now. Realism does not equate to plausabiltiy. If anything Sith ideology runs more rampant through our own society and as a result the world is a shithole.

quote:
The Jedi use their power only for others and take nothing for themselves. They are beyond stupidity. They waste their power and their lives.

Being responsible and not greedy >> taking what they want, then dying a week later.

quote:
The Sith are not perfect but they are far more preferable than the Idiocy of the Jedi.

So your only basis for the Sith being better is because they try to get what they want.

Right...

quote:
Name me one Jedi genius.
The Sith have at least 10

Depends on what context. "Genius" is relative.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:28 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
If anything Sith ideology runs more rampant through our own society and as a result the world is a shithole.

Only for some. For the strong it is luxury.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 04:50 PM
exanda kane

Up yours. I can believe whatever I want. At least I have a valid opinion and philosophy.
My Philosophy is based on Nietzche. Yours on diddly scwat

I call bollocks. The mere fact you now seem to be using an analogy of Star Wars with Nietzche ideals is laughable: what are you, middle class or something?

You're funny kiddo.

Last edited by exanda kane on Mar 6th, 2008 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 05:26 PM