KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- The Mighty Deeds Thread (experience record)

USH'S LORD OF THE RINGS GAME- The Mighty Deeds Thread (experience record)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, the xp calculation is starting to wind up!

To remind you how this works-

Everyone gets their own personal xp award. This is based on the following factors:

- Useful distance travelled (none for this part I am afraid)

- Damage, Criticals and kills inflicted. You get quadruple the score for the first kill of a a species and double for the second and third. Defeating an opponent in a non-lethal situation (like the Tournament) is half value.

- Damage and criticals received.

- Successful actions on just about anything other than combat (which is covered above)- that is, climbing, sneaking, talking, spell casting etc.

Then, on top of that, there is the allocation of bonus. We create a bonus pool from the following:

- Half the total xp awarded to all players in the process above

- Any amount the GM wants to add or take away for a successful or unsuccessful story

The bonus pile is then split into fractions- one fraction for every 'good idea' or similar activity that the GM thinks was had in the game. Each of these fractions is then delivered out evenly to all that contributed towards the good idea. This is the chance for the less combaty but more thinky characters to get some xp back!

That being so, you are now invited to pitch any good ideas you feel you or anyone else had during the part! Not easy with such a delay, I know, but try anyway.

---

As for how you did, well, there were five levels of success:

1. Source of the Witch King's information undiscovered- big penalty

2. Source of the Witch King's information not stopped- penalty

3. Source of the Witch King's information stopped- evens

4. Rhavorniel is killed- bonus

5. Rhavorniel is taken alive- big bonus

You guys... scored a 3. Not bad seeing how fragmented the game became!

Ok, let's hear those nominations.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 01:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Umm......

How about the different people covering the exits at the inn at the end?

Umm......

Talking to the different council members?

Think that's kinda all we did....

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 09:08 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gwil spying on the Prince was good, I think.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 06:47 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, well, I'll certainly give a slice for uncovering stuff on the Council members, which I think Menelacar will certainly get a portion of.

Progressing as far as you did in the Group Melee is worth a chunk; all who contributed to that score there.

We'll take Gwil's intelligence work also.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 05:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hooray Melee!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 11:46 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Gwil will be around! I joined really late in the show I think.

Nice trick.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 08:12 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Here we go then! Obviously a lot has been lost track of so I am having to arbitrate as best I can.

-----

GWIL:

GENERAL

50xp: overhearing Stewards

IDEAS

Spying on the Prince

TOTAL: 50

-----

MENELACAR:

GENERAL:

150xp: Archery rolls

125xp: Fencing with Darvan (after halving for being inter-player)

200xp: Test of Strength

250xp: Joust

200xp: Melee placing

925 from general

COMBAT:

(All scores from the Team Melee halved for non-lethal situation, except for criticals which were already adjusted to be lower in it)

Damage received: 71

Criticals received: 500

Damage inflicted: 106

Criticals inflicted: 70

Kills: 1400 (one more bonus on Dunlendings)

2147xp from Combat

IDEAS:

Library work

TOTAL: 3072xp

-----

ELLOTHIEL

GENERAL

200xp: Archery rolls

50xp: Successful Flanks

50xp: Successful perception roll

100xp: Successful hard ride roll

600 xp from general

COMBAT:

(All scores from the Team Melee halved for non-lethal situation, except for criticals which were already adjusted to be lower in it)

Damage received: 12

Criticals received: 200

Damage inflicted: 98

Criticals inflicted: 85

Kills: 1600 (no more bonuses on Dunlendings)

1995xp from Combat

TOTAL: 2595xp

-----

TALIN:

GENERAL

400xp from General

COMBAT:

Damage received: 61

Criticals received: 550

Damage inflicted: 64

Criticals inflicted: 40

Kills: 130

895xp from combat

TOTAL: 1395 xp

-----

WILLIAM

GENERAL

100xp: Sneaking

50xp: Climbing

150xp from General

IDEAS

Discovering 'ladies of the night' link

TOTAL: 150xp

-----

ANGLOMIR

GENERAL:

COMBAT:

Damage received: 23

Criticals received: 300

Damage inflicted: 13

Criticals inflicted: 10

Kills: 0

TOTAL: 546 xp

-----

This gives a grand total of 7763 xp, creating an 'ideas pool' of 3882 xp to give out. I'll give an extra thousand per active player to that pool for completing the story, but no bonus, as noted before, as Rhavorniel got away. No penalty to it either though!

But I am not sure this is the full picture.

I don;t have ANY of Anglomir's performance in the team melee or his kill of the Dunlending bouncer.

I don't have Talin's 3rd round melee performance

I don't have William's scuffle with the Dunlending by the window

I added in Ellothiel's kill of the escaping Dunlending on horseback myself

I am sure there is lots more! Get the pool up, folks, because at least some of it goes ot everyone...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 29th, 2010 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2010 01:29 PM
Peach
mordrem

Whoops, posted in the other thread on accident.

I had actually mentioned Ell's kill of the last escaping guy on horseback, it's the bottom of the last page, I think.

I also dueled with Darvan early on, I can't recall if I mentioned it in this thread or not (but it happened). As I recall, I lost both rounds stick out tongue

And Ell chatted with the Prince quite a bit early on, but I don't think I learned anything useful from that - he just thought she was pretty and was being flattering stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 02:43 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

I think we need Will's and Gwil's (hah) Archery scores.

-

Team Melee for Anglomir

Round 1 - Cardolani (the most girly "nobody rolls higher than a 50" fight)

Turn 1 - Anglomir rolled a 2 for a miss, Cardolani with a 1h sword and shield rolled a 41 for a miss.
Turn 2 - Anglomir rolled a 19 (miss), Cardolani rolled a 19 (miss).
Turn 3 - Anglomir rolled a 48 (miss), Cardolani rolled a 22 (miss).
Turn 4 - Anglomir rolled a 71 (hit, 7A reduced to 7), Cardolani rolled a 7 (miss).
Turn 5 - Anglomir rolled a 47 (miss), Cardolani rolled a 40 (miss on Missglomir)
Turn 6 - 48 (miss), ?? (miss)
Turn 7 - 74 (hit, 7A reduced to 7), 40 (miss)
Turn 8 - 68 (hit, 6), yield

Round 2 - Beornings

Turn 1 - Anglomir rolled a 20 (miss), Beorning with 2h sword in soft leather rolled a 38 (miss)
Turn 2 - 11 (miss), 72 (hit, 7T, minor calf wound, bleeding 1 hit per round)
Turn 3 - 87 (hit, 16A, no wound), 06 (miss), Anglomir bleeding 1 hit per round
Turn 4 - 07 (miss), 20 (miss), yield

Round 3 - Arnorian Soldiers

Turn 1 - Anglomir rolled 43 (miss), Arnorian w/ 1h mace and shield in chain rolled 43 (miss)
Turn 2 - 90 (hit, 10), 48 (hit, 6)
Turn 3 - 76 (hit, 9), 51 (hit, 6)
Turn 4 - 57 (hit, 5), 31 (miss)
Turn 5 - 79 (hit, 9), Arnorian A w/ 1h mace and shield in chain rolled 73 (flank, hit, 12T)
Turn 6 - 97 (hit, brought down Arnorian B), 48 (hit, 3)
Turn 7 - 84 (hit, 12), Arnorian D w/ 2h axe in chain rolled 98 (hit, 40C + A Crush, +5 hits and +4 hits, -40 to activity for one round, 49 damage total)
Turn 8 - 76 (penalty = miss), 59 (hit, 7)
Turn 9 - ?? (hit, 8, brought down Arnorian D w/ Menelacar), Arnorian A w/ 1h mace in chain rolled ?? (hit, 8, Anglomir brought down)

And then...

Dunlendings in the inn!

Dunlending rolled an 11 against Anglomir, Anglomir responded with a 13B (+6 hits, -10 activity, stunned 2 rounds, bleeding 1 hit a round).

And then Rhavorniel's frosty magicks...

First hit she got him for 10 damage, second she got a 13C (stunned one round, shoes destroyed!).

Anglomir will need new boots. What happens if we loose a limb, by the way?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 07:36 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Whoops, posted in the other thread on accident.

I had actually mentioned Ell's kill of the last escaping guy on horseback, it's the bottom of the last page, I think.

I also dueled with Darvan early on, I can't recall if I mentioned it in this thread or not (but it happened). As I recall, I lost both rounds stick out tongue

And Ell chatted with the Prince quite a bit early on, but I don't think I learned anything useful from that - he just thought she was pretty and was being flattering stick out tongue

Actually was a clue- that Elendur likes the Ladies (and is not exactly conducting himself in the traditional dignified Dunadan way...)

I shall put in adjustments once I am happy that everyone has submitted their stuff!

Generally, if a critical gives some sort of really debilitating wound we tend to substitute it with some long-term issue rather than something that permanently ruins the game for you.

Also bear in mind that decent Animists can treat very serious wounds indeed and, in the last resort, you can try to head to Rivendell, where they can reconstruct almost anything. Not that they are a public service, though, so you'd need to be on good terms with the Elves.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 08:05 AM
Peach
mordrem

Haha, so that was a clue. Neat.

Ellothiel's no super-healer yet, though, so I'm going to say "be careful" on that one stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 01:12 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

I'll go look up my archery scores soon. It's a busy time of year.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2010 08:18 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok- I shall give one more week for any submissions here. Then I shall add new submissions to the totals done above, and that will finalise it!

We shall then handle any differences that makes to characters and shortly after proceed with the next story!

BtVS

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 11:56 AM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Yay!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 09:03 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Are these totals the final ones? How is XP spent?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 06:58 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I meant to get it all going over Christmas, but falling sick messed that up. Still, I have a little time now! I shall take some guesses for the players likely to be more active.

---

Here we go then! Obviously a lot has been lost track of so I am having to arbitrate as best I can.

-----

GWIL:

GENERAL

50xp: overhearing Stewards

IDEAS

Spying on the Prince

TOTAL: 50

-----

MENELACAR:

GENERAL:

150xp: Archery rolls

125xp: Fencing with Darvan (after halving for being inter-player)

250xp: Joust

925 from general

COMBAT:

Damage received: 71

Damage inflicted: 106

Criticals inflicted: 70

Kills: 1400 (one more bonus on Dunlendings)

2147xp from Combat

IDEAS:

Library work

TOTAL: 3072xp

-----

ELLOTHIEL

GENERAL

200xp: Archery rolls

50xp: Successful Flanks

50xp: Successful perception roll

100xp: Successful hard ride roll

600 xp from general

COMBAT:

Damage received: 12

Criticals received: 200

Damage inflicted: 98

Criticals inflicted: 85

Kills: 1600 (no more bonuses on Dunlendings)

1995xp from Combat

TOTAL: 2595xp

-----

TALIN:

GENERAL

400xp from General

COMBAT:

Damage received: 61

Criticals received: 550

Damage inflicted: 64

Criticals inflicted: 40

Kills: 130

895xp from combat

A guess at +500 for last round melee performance

TOTAL: 1895 xp

-----

WILLIAM

GENERAL

100xp: Sneaking

50xp: Climbing

150xp from General

IDEAS

Discovering 'ladies of the night' link

TOTAL: 150xp

-----

ANGLOMIR

GENERAL:

COMBAT:

Damage received: 73

Damage inflicted: 55

Kills: 600 (no more bonuses on Arnorians)

Criticals inflicted: 20

Kills: 0

TOTAL: 1248 xp

-----

This gives a grand total of 8966 xp. creating an 'ideas pool' of about 4500 xp to give out, but I shall call it 5000 to account for undocumented actions in such a long game.

I'll give an extra two thousand per active player to that pool for completing the story (it ended up being REALLY long, after alll), but no bonus, as noted before, as Rhavorniel got away. No penalty to it either though!

Ok, I am going to distribute the idea slices around those who I feel are most likely to play, with ONE slot spare for anyone else who unexpectedly does. That is, therefore, Talin, Anglomir, Menelacar, Ellothiel and the spare. Menelacar gets an extra share for his detective work.

Leaving us with a six way split. Ah heck, I'll make the idea pool up to 6000 for my convenience and because I am nice to you. Everyone gets a thousand extra, except Menelacar who gets two:

Final xp allocations therefore:

Menelacar: 7072 xp

Talin: 4895 xp

Ellothiel: 5595 xp

Anglomir: 4248 xp

Leaving you on:

Menelacar: 27072 xp. Definitely a level up next story! UNLESS I messed up and you were only first level. Let me know!

Talin: 34895 xp. Need more combat challenges!

Ellothiel: 25595 xp. Also vying for a level up next story! Again, UNLESS I messed up and you were only first level. Let me know!

Anglomir: 29248. Ow! Ok, that's co close, let's call it 30000 and be done with it. Level up!

-

So Anglomir goes up a level! Wooo!

We shall deal with the consequences of that soon once I get the new character record thread into play.

-

Ok, now, that leaves some of you hanging. However! The plan is now that what was originally a short prequel to the next story in the LOTR tale is going t be expanded into a full story-though not a very long one. It is a 100% action heavy story and completely designed to give you as much experience gaining chances as possible! THEN we can start thinking about things like... plot and stuff. That will ease us back in!

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 14th, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 11:22 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok yes, looks like you were level 1, deducing from your stats. I'll sum all this up when I re-create the Roll of Honour later today- must get some marking done for now though!

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 01:24 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Me me me! I want in. (Again. To actually play this time. I liked my floating glowy mage with flashlight of doom)

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 01:30 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, I shall cut you in! I'll arrange a suitable xp point for you,

BtVS

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 01:34 PM
Peach
mordrem

Ellothiel was only level 1, yes.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2011 05:06 PM