KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Zant vs Majora

Zant vs Majora
Started by: Muhd123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Yeah, but now all of them. :/

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post May 14th, 2008 12:39 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
render the four guardians of Hyrule powerless,

Yeah because rendering the four gods of Termina powerless is nothing compared to that.

seal away the power of the Mirror of Twilight,

Zant didn't seal anything away. He broke a mirror and hid 3/4 of the shards. Big whoop.

call forth Twilight at his own whim,

Yeah because Majora didn't do anything like that...oh wait that entire realm he created on the moon...forgot about that.

or twist his body 180 degrees,

Big whoop. Majora can morph his body and even moonwalk. And the moonwalk beats all!

I'm not convinced that Majora is at Zant's level of power, even IF it was only a fraction of Ganondorf's power that was granted to Zant.

And I'm not convinced Zant is even near Majora's level. Let's see Majora pulled the moon from orbit (I said that already), turned an adult into a kid, turned Link into a Deku, sealed away the four gods of Termina, brought about a climate change (the mountains), poisoned the entire Great Bay, created a realm in the moon, overpowered the combined might of the four guardians, performed a moonwalk (again; moonwalk beats all), and (this is just a theory by some) it is suggested due to comparisons between Majora's Mask & Twilight Princess: there is a close resemblance between Majora and the Fused Shadow.

Plus Zant's fighting style is very similar to Majora's Incarnation plus the Fused Shadow and Majora's Mask share some powers and again design as shown in this picture (notice the eyes):

(please log in to view the image)

Just saying that maybe the Twili are the ancient race that tried so hard to seal away Majora's Mask fearing the power it wielded.

^Been done by the fact that he couldn't become king. I can just as easily say: Zant turns Majora into an imp and kills him.

And I could say that Majora could turn Zant into a Deku and kill him.

Oh and Majora can moonwalk and nothing can defeat the moonwalk.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 14th, 2008 01:26 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote:
He broke a mirror and hid 3/4 of the shards. Big whoop.

Thus sealing the power away. It's still more impressive than placing a boulder in the middle of a road.

quote:
Yeah because Majora didn't do anything like that...oh wait that entire realm he created on the moon...forgot about that.

That was never even the real moon anyway IIRC. Majora created it himself.

quote:
turned an adult into a kid, turned Link into a Deku

Kind of like how Zant turned Midna into an imp, stripping her of almost all her power, and could only begin to harm him after she got her hands back on the Fused Shadows. Ganondorf proved that he >>> Fused Shadows.

quote:
brought about a climate change (the mountains)

Lake Hylia, anyone? Having frozen over Zora's domain in its entirety and freezing nearly all of the Zoras with it, Hyrule was on the verge of losing it's main water source.

quote:
And I could say that Majora could turn Zant into a Deku and kill him.

It won't work against a guy who can create a pulsing wave of TK without moving a muscle, and change the entire area into another one completely.

Zant's fighting style was from his latent insanity which resulted from his growing hatred of the Twilight Realm's royal family. A fancy rumor created from nothing more than taking a mere aesthetic coincidence for granted had nothing to do with it.

Turning the world of light into a netherworld where all things not born from the realm of shadows are utterly powerless, the Guardian Dieties included, is not something to smirk at. Zant's single battle feat > The entire Majora boss fight. One quick pulse rendered the Light Spirit of the largest province in Hyrule powerless, before bringing Twilight righ back onto the region.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 02:24 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Muhd123

Can majora turn zant into a deku? I mean they dont exist in zants time

Old Post May 24th, 2008 09:15 AM
Muhd123 is currently offline Click here to Send Muhd123 a Private Message Find more posts by Muhd123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I.R. New
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course, Majora wins. It was pure PIS that Link won, Majora had reality warping feats far above what Zant had ever done.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 11:40 AM
I.R. New is currently offline Click here to Send I.R. New a Private Message Find more posts by I.R. New Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Thus sealing the power away. It's still more impressive than placing a boulder in the middle of a road.

Oh whoo; one of Majora's weakest feats. Congrats.

That was never even the real moon anyway IIRC. Majora created it himself.

Alright so he created a moon which overpowered the four gods of Termina; how is that helping your cause

Kind of like how Zant turned Midna into an imp, stripping her of almost all her power, and could only begin to harm him after she got her hands back on the Fused Shadows. Ganondorf proved that he >>> Fused Shadows.

And Midna proved that Fused Shadows >>> Zant.

Lake Hylia, anyone? Having frozen over Zora's domain in its entirety and freezing nearly all of the Zoras with it, Hyrule was on the verge of losing it's main water source.

Alright, but Majora also rose the dead (Ikana Canyon), poisoned the entire Great Bay and swamp, and of course the mountain thing.

It won't work against a guy who can create a pulsing wave of TK without moving a muscle, and change the entire area into another one completely.

You mean like what Majora did right before he was about to fight Link? And um, can you provide proof that Zant wouldn't be effected by Majora's ability to transform other beings?

Zant's fighting style was from his latent insanity which resulted from his growing hatred of the Twilight Realm's royal family. A fancy rumor created from nothing more than taking a mere aesthetic coincidence for granted had nothing to do with it.

Hey I just thought it was cool

Turning the world of light into a netherworld where all things not born from the realm of shadows are utterly powerless, the Guardian Dieties included, is not something to smirk at. Zant's single battle feat > The entire Majora boss fight. One quick pulse rendered the Light Spirit of the largest province in Hyrule powerless, before bringing Twilight righ back onto the region.

Oh whoo; Zant defeated them one at a time. Majora overpowered all four Termina gods and if it wasn't for Link Termina would have been rubble and unlike Zant; he did so by his own powers.

And also show some of Zant's battle feats besides acting like a psycho.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 02:27 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Alright so he created a moon which overpowered the four gods of Termina; how is that helping your cause.

The moon didn't do a damn thing to overpower the Four Giants. Once they were freed, THEY stopped it.

quote:
And Midna proved that Fused Shadows >>> Zant.

Right, because even if he didn't receive a consistent beating by a Light-empowered Master Sword, Zant would've been sitting in his throne mortally wounded in the first place. He was dying to begin with (after the fight), the Fused Shadows just finished him off more quickly.

quote:
Alright, but Majora also rose the dead (Ikana Canyon), poisoned the entire Great Bay and swamp, and of course the mountain thing.

And Zant's interference caused Death Mountain to becom active, permanently poisoned a forest with deadly fog, and brought a giant skeletal beast to life with a sword that he created on the spot.

quote:
You mean like what Majora did right before he was about to fight Link? And um, can you provide proof that Zant wouldn't be effected by Majora's ability to transform other beings?

When in the entire three-phases of the final boss fight did Majora ever show TK? The clock-tower part hardly counts given the fact that that moon had, in a way, a mind of its own. And my point on it "not affecting" Zant is the fact that the only beings that Major a ever transformed (Link, and Kafei, among others) never even had any kind of magical powers to begin with that could grant any kind of resistance (or in the point that I was trying to make, someone with similar powers to cancel it out, or combat it).

quote:
Hey I just thought it was cool

To each his own, I suppose.

quote:
Oh whoo; Zant defeated them one at a time. Majora overpowered all four Termina gods and if it wasn't for Link Termina would have been rubble and unlike Zant; he did so by his own powers.

What facts imply that Zant had sealed the Light Spirits one at a time? Hell, what knowledge gives the implication that Majora did what it did all at once? Again, he never over-powered them, he sealed them just like Zant did to the Light Spirits (one of which he KO'd without effort). Even then, what difference would it make? On the following subject, it's not like Majora would've ever even been able to come to power had the Skull Kid not taken the mask and awakened the powers.

quote:
And also show some of Zant's battle feats besides acting like a psycho.

I can ask you the same thing about Majora. But notable powers include changing the environment to another one entirely, through illusionary powers or otherwise (and having almost supreme control in them), teleportation/warping, levitation, formiddable physical strength (causing a magnetic platform to bobble around violently by hopping on it), TK, materialization, the ability to imbue life into dead or inanimate objects, and the ability to grow (and shrink) several times his normal size. It just so happened that Zant showed most of these abilities while acting insane (even though his insanity is anything but an act).

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Jun 11th, 2008 at 07:27 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 07:24 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by I.R. New
Of course, Majora wins. It was pure PIS that Link won, Majora had reality warping feats far above what Zant had ever done.

Lol, no. Majora's one of Link's only non-PIS victories. The most devastating thing Majora ever did was create a moon-like meteor with a surreal field inside it (not trying to diminish anything). Zant warped reality half a dozen times in his fight with Link.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2008 08:02 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The moon didn't do a damn thing to overpower the Four Giants. Once they were freed, THEY stopped it.

Umm...no; Majora entered the moon and at that point the giants were struggling just to keep it from going up and if it wasn't for Link going into the moon and stopping Majora Termina would have been rubble.

Right, because even if he didn't receive a consistent beating by a Light-empowered Master Sword, Zant would've been sitting in his throne mortally wounded in the first place. He was dying to begin with (after the fight), the Fused Shadows just finished him off more quickly.

Alright I'll give you that. But we may never know if Zant could take 100% Fused Shadow Midna.

When in the entire three-phases of the final boss fight did Majora ever show TK? The clock-tower part hardly counts given the fact that that moon had, in a way, a mind of its own. And my point on it "not affecting" Zant is the fact that the only beings that Major a ever transformed (Link, and Kafei, among others) never even had any kind of magical powers to begin with that could grant any kind of resistance (or in the point that I was trying to make, someone with similar powers to cancel it out, or combat it).

And when did Zant ever deal with a powerful magical user? Link didn't even use magic in TP and the only time we ever seen Midna used a hint of magic was when she was using the Fused Shadows.

To each his own, I suppose.

Agreed

What facts imply that Zant had sealed the Light Spirits one at a time? Hell, what knowledge gives the implication that Majora did what it did all at once? Again, he never over-powered them, he sealed them just like Zant did to the Light Spirits (one of which he KO'd without effort). Even then, what difference would it make? On the following subject, it's not like Majora would've ever even been able to come to power had the Skull Kid not taken the mask and awakened the powers.

I'm not talking about the first sealings. Each sealed their four spirits/gods one at a time obviously because the four dwelt in different regions. I'm referring to when the Termina Gods stopped the moon from falling, Majora entered the moon, and empowered it causing the giants to struggle like I said before.

On the following subject, it's not like Zant would've ever even been able to come to power had Ganondorf not given him powers.

I can ask you the same thing about Majora. But notable powers include changing the environment to another one entirely, through illusionary powers or otherwise (and having almost supreme control in them), teleportation/warping, levitation, formiddable physical strength (causing a magnetic platform to bobble around violently by hopping on it), TK, materialization, the ability to imbue life into dead or inanimate objects, and the ability to grow (and shrink) several times his normal size. It just so happened that Zant showed most of these abilities while acting insane (even though his insanity is anything but an act).

Alright Majora's feats are: causing the moon to fall from orbit (never once does it even hint that Majora made the moon), having three different transformations, levitation, physical strength in the form of Wrath (able to throw Goron Link across the room), TK, move so fast it leaves afterimages (Incarnation), through energy balls, create an entire meadow within the moon as well as create a new room to do battle, turn an adult into a child, turn a child into a deku, creating the four creatures that guards the dungeons as well as giving life to their remains in the final battle, climat changes, and all this was his own powers; not Ganondorf's.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 12:38 AM
NemeBro

Going by COMBAT feats Majora is crushed. The Moon is not a combat feat.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 02:14 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Muhd123

Actually majora has a great chance of winning because when he transforms into anyone of his other forms he could easily take out zant like for instance majoras wrath will destroy zant in my opinion and majora wont give zant the chance to change the enviroment

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 11:01 AM
Muhd123 is currently offline Click here to Send Muhd123 a Private Message Find more posts by Muhd123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote:
And when did Zant ever deal with a powerful magical user? Link didn't even use magic in TP and the only time we ever seen Midna used a hint of magic was when she was using the Fused Shadows.

How about when he turned Midna into an imp? One gesture, and he reduced the ruler of the Twiligth realm, the only one with power enough to destroy the Mirror of Twilight, into a less-than-intimidating imp, who used magic through out the entire game, actually. Again, he was facing someone who's weapon was directly infused with the power of light, a shadow dweller's main weakness.

quote:
I'm not talking about the first sealings. Each sealed their four spirits/gods one at a time obviously because the four dwelt in different regions. I'm referring to when the Termina Gods stopped the moon from falling, Majora entered the moon, and empowered it causing the giants to struggle like I said before.

On the following subject, it's not like Zant would've ever even been able to come to power had Ganondorf not given him powers.

I already know what you're talking about. Struggle or not, they kept it in place more than long enough to show that they WEREN'T being overpowered.

quote:
Alright Majora's feats are: causing the moon to fall from orbit (never once does it even hint that Majora made the moon), having three different transformations, levitation, physical strength in the form of Wrath (able to throw Goron Link across the room), TK, move so fast it leaves afterimages (Incarnation), through energy balls, create an entire meadow within the moon as well as create a new room to do battle, turn an adult into a child, turn a child into a deku, creating the four creatures that guards the dungeons as well as giving life to their remains in the final battle, climat changes, and all this was his own powers; not Ganondorf's.

And the only thing out of all of those that Zant doesn't have a near exact replicted feat of is the moon thing (which does have implications of being a magic-made or at least a tainted moon. One, it's face. Two, the townspeople's suspicions of it. And three, the fact that it disappeared instead of just return to any kid of sky). And all of Majora's powers only came to be because it was awakened by Skull Kid donnig the mask. But again, reducing an entire realm into a netherworld is a good enough comparison.

quote:
Actually majora has a great chance of winning because when he transforms into anyone of his other forms he could easily take out zant like for instance majoras wrath will destroy zant in my opinion and majora wont give zant the chance to change the enviroment

Zant wouldn't even have to MOVE to do any of his abilities, no amount of transformations would prevent that. His actions in his fight with Link were due in no small part to just the revelation of his actual insanity.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 09:43 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Muhd123
Feats of Majora's Wrath:

1. Jumping kinda high.
2. Having long whips for arms which can hurt Link.
3. Making spinning tops.

Nothing from that indicates he is anywhere near Zant in power.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 11:43 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

How about when he turned Midna into an imp? One gesture, and he reduced the ruler of the Twiligth realm, the only one with power enough to destroy the Mirror of Twilight, into a less-than-intimidating imp, who used magic through out the entire game, actually. Again, he was facing someone who's weapon was directly infused with the power of light, a shadow dweller's main weakness.

And Majora turned Link (the one who defeated the Great King of Evil and held the Triforce of Courage) into a Deku.

I already know what you're talking about. Struggle or not, they kept it in place more than long enough to show that they WEREN'T being overpowered.

The four are shaking barely able to keep it up. If not for Link Termina would have been destroyed.

And the only thing out of all of those that Zant doesn't have a near exact replicted feat of is the moon thing (which does have implications of being a magic-made or at least a tainted moon. One, it's face. Two, the townspeople's suspicions of it. And three, the fact that it disappeared instead of just return to any kid of sky). And all of Majora's powers only came to be because it was awakened by Skull Kid donnig the mask. But again, reducing an entire realm into a netherworld is a good enough comparison.

And all of Zant's powers only came to be because they were given to him by Ganondorf. Majora uses his own powers; Zant doesn't. And onto the moon; you're saying Majora made the moon (I saw he didn't) so all you are doing is helping my cause. Thanks.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:30 AM
NemeBro

The moon is not a combat feat so the feat is irrevelant unless Majora plans on crushing himself with a moon.

ESB, out of curiosity do you think Majora is more powerful than Ganon?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:50 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
ESB, out of curiosity do you think Majora is more powerful than Ganon?

Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power is stronger than Majora. But without it the power difference shortens but the King of Evil still stands superior.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 01:57 PM
Teevo

"Battle Feats" and Nerdy lscientific breakdown of fictional character's powers aside...

Majora was cooler.

Fight's over, glad I could help.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 07:40 AM
Teevo is currently offline Click here to Send Teevo a Private Message Find more posts by Teevo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Muhd123

king of twilight vs king of termina (sort of )

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 03:22 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^There's nothing that even begins to imply Majora's Mask even came from Termina, and it was anything but a king. The mask was created for nothing more than hexing rituals, but was sealed because the tribe feared it's powrer. Unlike Zant, who's power gives him the same near invulnerability as Ganondorf (weak only to light/righteous/benevolence), Majora has no implied invulnerability.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 03:49 AM
Muhd123

well it seems zant is stronger since he can beat a light spirit without moving a finger and majora can do is bring down the moon and the four guardians. zant wins but it would be pretty close in my opinion

Old Post Sep 30th, 2008 07:36 PM