KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Favorite Starship

Favorite Starship
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
NX-01 0 0%
Enterprise (NCC 1701) 5 20.00%
Enterprise-A 0 0%
Enterprise-B 1 4.00%
Enterprise-C 0 0%
Enterprise-D 5 20.00%
Enterprise-E 5 20.00%
U.S.S. Defiant 6 24.00%
Voyager 3 12.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Starship
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

should be fixed now...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 1st, 2008 07:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

What was the name of that prototype ship that was shown on Voyager? I can't remember.

For me it's either the Defiant or Enterprise E. The Enterprise J was pretty sick too (ST:Enterprise Episode).

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 1st, 2008 08:55 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by illadelph12
What was the name of that prototype ship that was shown on Voyager? I can't remember.

For me it's either the Defiant or Enterprise E. The Enterprise J was pretty sick too (ST:Enterprise Episode).

the dauntless was the fake one, the one captured by romulans was the prometheus...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2008 09:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I liked the design of that ship as well.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 1st, 2008 10:21 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by illadelph12
I liked the design of that ship as well.

me too, i regularly use it in bridge commander...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 1st, 2008 10:23 PM
starlock
Team Authority

I am starting to really like the akira class, i play star wars legacy on xbox 360, its a decent game...a liitle short for me, but i like it allot, i am thinking of new ships btw...the original enterprise will alway have a special place with me...and with it the refit for the movies

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 02:13 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by starlock
I am starting to really like the akira class, i play star wars legacy on xbox 360, its a decent game...a liitle short for me, but i like it allot, i am thinking of new ships btw...the original enterprise will alway have a special place with me...and with it the refit for the movies

akira isn't a bad ship by any means, legacy wasnt bad on xbox, but it sucked big time on pc...

yeah, i like the akira, i just think that it lacks that little bit of extra firepower that a galaxy or sovereign has...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 02:28 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Raoul
akira isn't a bad ship by any means, legacy wasnt bad on xbox, but it sucked big time on pc...

yeah, i like the akira, i just think that it lacks that little bit of extra firepower that a galaxy or sovereign has...

It definetly lacks the firepower, but i think it makes up for it in speed an manuverability, and at the time it had ablative armor.....which the galaxy did not have(maybe they were refitted with it), isnt it great to have a forum to talk about these things smile

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 04:08 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

i didn't know it had rear quantum tubes... i know it has the dorsal and ventral photon tubes, but i thought it was just the three...
Sorry about that. I should have been more clear.

Production designs from ST: Nemesis show the Ent:E with upgraded torpedo launchers. There are four torpedo units shown (three of which were seen to fire during Nemesis, while the fourth may have been fired during Insurrection):

1) A forward quantum torpedo launcher on the saucer ventral.

2) A rear, dual photon torpedo launcher on the dorsal saucer around deck 3.

3) A quad photon torpedo launcher (two forward, two aft) on the engineering ventral.

4) A rear photon torpedo launcher just above the main shuttle bay on the engineering hull.

That comes to a total of 8 launchers. @_@

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Last edited by Acrosurge on May 2nd, 2008 at 04:51 PM

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 04:48 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Acrosurge
Sorry about that. I should have been more clear.

Production designs from ST: Nemesis show the Ent:E with upgraded torpedo launchers. There are four torpedo units shown (three of which were seen to fire during Nemesis, while the fourth may have been fired during Insurrection):

1) A forward quantum torpedo launcher on the saucer ventral.

2) A rear, dual photon torpedo launcher on the dorsal saucer around deck 3.

3) A quad photon torpedo launcher (two forward, two aft) on the engineering ventral.

4) A rear photon torpedo launcher just above the main shuttle bay on the engineering hull.

That comes to a total of 8 launchers. @_@

the nemesis enterprise was very different from the insurrection and first contact one, even the structure of the ship was diffrent...

i don't think it could have 8 launchers... seriously...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 07:16 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

the nemesis enterprise was very different from the insurrection and first contact one, even the structure of the ship was diffrent...

i don't think it could have 8 launchers... seriously...
Well, to be strictly technical, there are four units that launch torpedoes, but some of them are dual or quad launchers (separate torpedo tubes), hence I counted them up separately.

They are a part of the schematics and notes for ST:Nemesis, so you might be able to argue a canon policy against them, based on the fact that we don't see the quad or dual launches up close (that and one of the aft tubes isn't seen to fire in the final cut of the film). That's up to you.

I'm a big pre-production guy, so I tend to put a lot of stock into production notes, scripts, and such. smile

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 07:34 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ah, i see what you were going by... if a tube can launch 4 torpedoes, i still only count it as one...

from what i recall, i was convinced the enterprise had 3 launchers, the main quantum turret, the aft one on the saucer section for the photons, and the ventral one that could fire both forward and aft... the fourth one is probable too, but i don't recall it being seen on-screen...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 07:49 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

ah, i see what you were going by... if a tube can launch 4 torpedoes, i still only count it as one...

from what i recall, i was convinced the enterprise had 3 launchers, the main quantum turret, the aft one on the saucer section for the photons, and the ventral one that could fire both forward and aft... the fourth one is probable too, but i don't recall it being seen on-screen...
Heh, its confusing, but I actually was talking about the number of launchers on each unit (not the number of torps to a tube). But we can agree to disagree! I'm just a junkie for production notes and such. It happens to us movie geeks.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 07:55 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Sovereign_class

According to memory Alpha, after a major refit, Sovereign class ships had 10 launchers and 16 phaser arrays.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:48 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Acrosurge
Heh, its confusing, but I actually was talking about the number of launchers on each unit (not the number of torps to a tube). But we can agree to disagree! I'm just a junkie for production notes and such. It happens to us movie geeks.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Sovereign_class

According to memory Alpha, after a major refit, Sovereign class ships had 10 launchers and 16 phaser arrays.

good ol nemesis messing with trek... sad

the phaser arrays i can understand, but 10 torpedo launchers? unless they mean the actual amount of torpedoes fired per ship...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 09:06 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Apparently, the Enterprise E was the first starship to employ type 10+ phasers, previously used only in heavy, planetary defense arrays and fortified star bases. More big guns, woohoo!

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post May 5th, 2008 06:17 PM
Captain SEX
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Connie. THe only ship where the captain sat in a "lazyboy" whilst having his beverages brought to him by a waitress in a short skirt!

Captain Jack is a pretender!

Old Post May 6th, 2008 05:47 PM
Captain SEX is currently offline Click here to Send Captain SEX a Private Message Find more posts by Captain SEX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I liked the original best because it reflected the most original thinking.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post May 6th, 2008 05:55 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

laughing out loud

good ol nemesis messing with trek... sad

the phaser arrays i can understand, but 10 torpedo launchers? unless they mean the actual amount of torpedoes fired per ship...
Ah, that's nothing! Production sources and the Star Trek Magazine peg Akira class vessels with 15 photon torpedo launchers and two shuttle bays that link through the center of the ship for rapid, support craft deployment.

The thing is basically a flying, heavy weapons platform. big grin

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post May 6th, 2008 10:11 PM
Squirrel Fart

Enterprise-E
U.S.S. Defiant
Voyager

I like all 3 but can't pick a winner.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 12:24 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote