KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Q is not Omnipotent

Q is not Omnipotent
Started by: Captain SEX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
You mean to tell me you were not aware that that quote is an actual idea spouted by pseudo-intellectuals and you shouldn't be shocked to see it show up in a shitty parody?? wink

Edit - Also, that quote is supposed to be the atheists' "shitty omniscience" argument, which is why you got so extremely butthurt by my observation. Come, now, don't act like an evangelical Christian regarding your beliefs. smile

Your constant need to b1tch and moan about a f*cking parody video, and constant editing and re-editing of your replies is already indicative of an incoming meltdown.

Keep it up, the ensuing hilarity is always fun to watch.thumb up

No thanks. It's pretty obvious what I'm talking about..

Sorry, I am not in the mood for playing detective right now. Either explain what exactly is it that you're trying communicate here, or cease and desist with this bullsh1t.
Keeping knocking down those strawmen. Let me know how that works out for you.

I am beginning to think that beginning the second season of Supernatural as part of my marathon run of the series would be far more productive than partaking in a discussion with you right now. On another note, concession accepted.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 07:13 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Epicurus
Your constant need to b1tch and moan about a f*cking parody video, and constant editing and re-editing of your replies is already indicative of an incoming meltdown.

Keep it up, the ensuing hilarity is always fun to watch.thumb up

And yet...and yet...you're the one butthurt.

You tried. That's what counts. big grin

Sorry, I am not in the mood for playing detective right now. Either explain what exactly is it that you're trying communicate here, or cease and desist with this bullsh1t.

Nope. You do your own simplistic thinking. smile

Enjoy!

Edit - You could ask for help. I'm sure there is an adult around with at least a high school education.

Last edited by dadudemon on Dec 27th, 2013 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2013 09:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Q hasn't done anything that odin couldn't do, Q is at best skyfather level I think.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 05:59 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

And yet...and yet...you're the one butthurt.

You tried. That's what counts. big grin

A very unclever "No you!!!" response. I honestly expected better. You just keep disappointing more and more.

Nope. You do your own simplistic thinking. smile

Enjoy!

Edit - You could ask for help. I'm sure there is an adult around with at least a high school education.

So the meltdown is finally upon you. Wonder how many pages it'll last this time.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2013 11:56 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

A very unclever "No you!!!" response. I honestly expected better. You just keep disappointing more and more.

So the meltdown is finally upon you. Wonder how many pages it'll last this time.

K.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 02:10 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

This thread's premise was vindicated by Quinn a long time ago.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2013 03:56 PM
Bentley
Seitei

(Chrisitian apologists' only counter to this being dismissing it as nonsense).

Are you implying it isn't nonsense?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 16th, 2014 02:29 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Just read the thread further. It seems you're convinced the paradox is not nonsensical. Never mind my question.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2014 02:49 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Bentley
Are you implying it isn't nonsense?

I am not just implying, I am openly stating so.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 10:39 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I am not just implying, I am openly stating so.

Good. I find the assertion downright sloppy and nonsensical, but I respect your faith and your beliefs thumb up

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 07:13 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Q isn't truly omnipotent. Just very powerful reality warpers. Whether they achieved this power innately or are somehow using highly advanced tech isn't really known. But I think it's probably innate, since you had the one girl who was born a Q and she wasn't given any kind of tech. So okay I guess we do know.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2016 02:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Approximate number of things in fiction that are 'truly' omnipotent in the 'can do absolutely anything, can't be opposed' sense:

Most attempted depictions of 'omnipotent gods' fall way short.

However, in the more generic/colloquial, not capable of doing *anything* but of such a higher level that there's nothing else close in their universe, Q's qualify.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2016 06:40 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Q sucks

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 04:13 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
Approximate number of things in fiction that are 'truly' omnipotent in the 'can do absolutely anything, can't be opposed' sense:

You could find a few obscure things in fiction that are. But with stuff like tv and comics the more appearances an "omnipotent" has the more chances it has to..not really be shown as omnipotent.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 03:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Surtur
You could find a few obscure things in fiction that are. But with stuff like tv and comics the more appearances an "omnipotent" has the more chances it has to..not really be shown as omnipotent.

Basically, the vaguer they are, the better, but even novels usually introduce information to indicate it falls short.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2016 01:18 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Q's are the most wretched creatures of Star Trek, pure sucm.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 05:11 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Q99
Basically, the vaguer they are, the better,

Not necessarily. Ambiguity simply makes it difficult to scrutinize—but that doesn't mean that there's anything more there. You can be very explicit in the presentation of omnipotence if you know what you're doing. The problem is that writers generally aren't well-versed with omnipotence as presented in in contemporary philosophy and classical theism; and thus are very likely to misrepresent it. The doctrine of divine simplicity is an argument that anyone who is not aware of will contradict if they go on to explain omnipotence beyond its dictionary definition.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 06:24 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Q's are the most wretched creatures of Star Trek, pure sucm.

Why? Sure Q himself is a dick and his kid was a dick too. But that one Q who wanted to commit suicide seemed nice lol.

I liked the Douwd, who killed a race of 50 billion just by thinking.

Last edited by Surtur on May 11th, 2016 at 02:44 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2016 02:41 PM
surajvines
Restricted

Account Restricted

Effortless spot for Q in the Movie

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 09:01 AM
surajvines is currently offline Click here to Send surajvines a Private Message Find more posts by surajvines Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote