KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Do you still use VHS?

Do you still use VHS?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
aaronspirit

To:Chillybanana.

Males rule!

"I`m not going to ride you? Am I?"

My favorite phrases from
Spirit Stallion Of The Cimarron

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 06:49 AM
aaronspirit is currently offline Click here to Send aaronspirit a Private Message Find more posts by aaronspirit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Yup, just bought 10 movies for 5 bucks. I hardly rent movies anymore, just the ones I want to watch.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 04:09 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

I havent rented a dvd in 3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 05:36 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I do.not for long though.My library i went to the other day said they didnt have a movie that I wanted to watch on VHS.That it was only available on DVD.The thing is just a week ago they told me it WAS available on VHS but now its not cause they are switching everything to DVD.Everythings all going to DVD now so now I have no choice but to get a DVD player.thats my new years resolution.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 07:34 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I recently sold all of my VHS movies and my VCR on Ebay.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 06:01 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Re: Do you still use VHS?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
Now that we have HD do you still use a VCR ? I still ahve one but i dont use it any more .

I still have tapes too

HELL NO.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:09 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LDHZenkai
Evergreen Oldboy

i don't use vhs. i don't even rent dvds. Don't think i have since 2002. God (Al Gore) made the internet for a reason!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 12:37 AM
LDHZenkai is currently offline Click here to Send LDHZenkai a Private Message Find more posts by LDHZenkai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flaming-Hobo

No, i do not use VCR anymore..

Check out - http://www.moviediscussions.net/forums/index.php

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 06:33 AM
Flaming-Hobo is currently offline Click here to Send Flaming-Hobo a Private Message Find more posts by Flaming-Hobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scribe

I do. eek!

I have a Sanyo and a Sony. cool

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 04:10 AM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Our neighbours are moving out and they are gradually moving boxes, and I saw one box with a lot of VHS tapes in, poor souls. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 10:17 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

i have only my favorites, but not all of them. but when the dvd came out, my family didn't buy it for a while; we had so many VHS.
no that i've moved to my own apt. i just borrowed [took] a few of my favorites : Princess Bride, Shakespeare in Love, Romancing the Stone and The Jewel of the Nile, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Citizen Kane, His Girl FridAY, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Indy Jones The Last Crusade.

I know that seems like a lot, but trust me, it's not.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 01:17 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scribe

VCR Case Mod

I need bigger pictures.

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 03:49 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil Gene
Restricted

Account Restricted

^yes that is something to laugh at big grin

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 04:21 PM
Devil Gene is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Gene a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Gene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Funny I came upton this thread as I was just thinking about VHS'es today.

Now the thing is my big room here is basiclly me and my friends studio when we work with movies, so therefore we need a great deal of equiptment available to us, because you never know what you might have to check out etc. So that means a VHS is a must.

Now about the movies, well this is what got me thinking about VHS'es today, I was kinda bored and I thought hell, I'l go down to the ol guest room and dig trough that closet which contains like 150 VHS'es half of them are either movies I've copied or recorded back in the day when I was like 12 or something.

So I found like 20 tapes which cought my interest, and I took them upstairs to flip trough as some did not have a name on them, and some I wanted to see. Now something starnged happend to me, I somehow fell in love with that shoddy quality, it was just like watching movies when I was a kid. I don't know why but it had something to it, some charm of some sort, the damn ol VHS, now im going to watch all those 20 movies on VHS! stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 04:37 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I do indeed as the following haven't been released on region 2 DVD yet:

Famous Five (90s series)
Harry Enfield and Chums/Television Programme
The Scariest Places on Earth: Home Video Edition
Clive Barker's Nightbreed
Haunted
Scream Team (recorded)
Strange (recorded)

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 02:37 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can you play other regions on your dvd player?

I will never go back to the quality of VHS if there is a DVD of the same film, it's too big a difference to enjoy it, for me. No amount of childhood memories would change that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 04:35 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Originally posted by MildPossession
Can you play other regions on your dvd player?

I will never go back to the quality of VHS if there is a DVD of the same film, it's too big a difference to enjoy it, for me. No amount of childhood memories would change that.

On my old one I could, but I can still play 'em on my computer, luckily my VCR plays other regions - hence having the Scariest Places on Earth video.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 04:51 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teamB_macro

vhs = (really) old school

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 03:49 PM
teamB_macro is currently offline Click here to Send teamB_macro a Private Message Find more posts by teamB_macro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
freeursoul28
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have the player but no tapes

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 11:26 PM
freeursoul28 is currently offline Click here to Send freeursoul28 a Private Message Find more posts by freeursoul28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Originally posted by vintageSW77
yes and i also rub two sticks together to create fire

laughing

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 03:53 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote