KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cyborg Raiden v.s Ryu Hayabusa

Cyborg Raiden v.s Ryu Hayabusa
Started by: Papa Borzarou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Remi8193
Coona Matata

i think Ryu and Raiden r just equally match

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 10:30 AM
Remi8193 is currently offline Click here to Send Remi8193 a Private Message Find more posts by Remi8193 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Raiden is more skilled and tougher than Ryu. Raiden stopped a massive ship with just him and his sword. Can Ryu do that? No.

1. More skilled Thats highly iffy as I put his skill way above Raiden because he has mastered not only sword arts but almost everystyle of weapon to perfection.

2. Raiden SLOWED down a ship with the help of his cyborg body, sword, the dock, the actual SOLID rock and concrete from the cliff that the ship was smashing into, also slowing it down. He also had leverage. Even after all that Raiden was still being pushed forward and got his ass ran over. But with all that Said......Raiden stopped the ship with a sword big grin . Ryu most likely would have obliterated it with his TDS ability to extend the blade. Or with some other ninpo or blown it up with a miniture black hole of black matter.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 08:47 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

You guys put too much weight on our combatants' swordplay. Fighting an unhandicapped Hayabusa involves far more than that. Hayabusa triumphs in these matches because of his versatility. With ninpo abilities, such as freezing or electrocuting his opponents, Hayabusa can dominate in ranged combat. Hayabusa's skill, physical attributes, and wide array of weaponry make him a hard fight in melee combat as well. To top it off, teleportation allows him to evade attacks or switch between ranged and melee combat at will. Hayabusa simply has too many options for most characters in his tier. Unfortunately, Raiden is pretty much just another guy with a sword.

I'm not trying to overrate Ryu or underrate Raiden, but Hayabusa is a hard match up for most people at this level. Raiden, like many of his video game peers, is capable of taken some wins, but will get edged out by Hayabusa's slew of battle options.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 19th, 2008 at 04:23 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 04:09 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That friggin Art of the Piercing Void is THE most friggin overrated move of Hayabusa's.

When I see Ryu destroy something anywhere near as big as Arsenal Gear, come back to me.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 11:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=suBFY39P4Ps
Not as big or close but still pretty powerful

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lT7wjjQ3...feature=related
Art of the Peircing void would simply tear through the whole ship as it seems not to stop for some time.

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 03:36 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Wasn't really much in size....

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 08:54 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
That friggin Art of the Piercing Void is THE most friggin overrated move of Hayabusa's.

When I see Ryu destroy something anywhere near as big as Arsenal Gear, come back to me.

I wasn't really talking about Art of the Piercing Void. That may have not been directed at me though.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 02:55 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Raiden can dodge the ninpo techniques so we are down to weapons fight. Raiden got stabbed, cut etc. He stopped x hundred ton ship in weakened state. He only had one arm and a couple minutes before he stopped he was climbing out of a huge amount of rock which fell on him. Ryu on the otherhand is fast, agile, but only human. Raiden can take more hits than Ryu. The real question here is who is better with the sword which is the hardest question.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 03:30 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

He may dodge the fireball, but ninpo like the ice and lightning are area of effect. I don't see him winning the majority if Hayabusa is allowed all of his abilities.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 04:19 PM
Csdabest

He Can Dodge Lightning Bolts? He Can dodge practically invisible Wind Blades? He Can Dodge fast multiple homing fireballs That come from multiple directions. Even then Art of the peircing void and the two ninpo seen in DOA clips seem to travel pretty fast maybe at the speed of sound but i doubt.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 05:43 PM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Calm down your site comments please. big grin

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 10:09 PM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

People put too much Hype on Raiden Arsenal Gear feat. Before i got to the point. People made it sound like he place his hand on the ship and actually moved it aginst its course of direction, He didnt even stop the ship fully. And even then it was already stopping cuz of the hard concreate dock.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 11:23 PM
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Your comments of spite aren't gonna make it any better... :/

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 01:19 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Csdabest
People put too much Hype on Raiden Arsenal Gear feat. Before i got to the point. People made it sound like he place his hand on the ship and actually moved it aginst its course of direction, He didnt even stop the ship fully. And even then it was already stopping cuz of the hard concreate dock.
And that strength feat along with many others are still far better than any of Ryu's so your point is really irrelevant.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 03:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Oh boy, if W Flame where still here... I an imagine what this can of worms would be like...

Incidentally, I don't think Raiden can match Ryu....

Purely physically speaking, yeah, he could overwhelm him with sheer brute power... But ryu's magics, experience, better training and more highly developed fighting skills I beleive secure him the victory more often than not.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 03:30 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
And that strength feat along with many others are still far better than any of Ryu's so your point is really irrelevant.

Far from irrelevent. Im stating that the strength feat was greatly over exaggerated. Raiden his strong but people was classifying him lifting 100tons with one arm. Which is rediculous,. Yes he is stronger than Ryu. But just about every category probably except durability and thats an if Hayabusa is superior.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 05:06 AM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Oh boy, if W Flame where still here... I an imagine what this can of worms would be like...

Incidentally, I don't think Raiden can match Ryu....

Purely physically speaking, yeah, he could overwhelm him with sheer brute power... But ryu's magics, experience, better training and more highly developed fighting skills I beleive secure him the victory more often than not.

What did he get banned for exactly?

I agree. It's Hayabusa's extra abilities that give him the edge here.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 05:19 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Csdabest
Far from irrelevent. Im stating that the strength feat was greatly over exaggerated. Raiden his strong but people was classifying him lifting 100tons with one arm. Which is rediculous,. Yes he is stronger than Ryu. But just about every category probably except durability and thats an if Hayabusa is superior.
I think they are about as fast.

Ryu showed some serious durability after killing Vazdah, I say he takes that category.

But Ryu wins due to his versatility.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 10:26 PM
Csdabest

Instant teleportation + Speed Dash that rivals Loz leads me to beleive he is much faster than Raiden. And Ryu Spams it in the latest game.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 11:04 PM
NemeBro

Ryu rivals Loz in speed? When?

And I played the latest game.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 11:18 PM