KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Terry Bogard VS Cody Travers

Terry Bogard VS Cody Travers
Started by: Sado22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Oh hell no. Y'all hatin' ass hatahz aint gonna rope me up into arguin wit y'all 'bout anything dealin' wit SNK VS Capcom...never again. Y'all have ruined that debate for me.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 06:41 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Ryu

Ok, it was retconed (damn, Terry eventually even stole the glory from the tall building and the ground below it). I need better sources lol.
I am who I am is still right though. Making scars isn't something you can measure punching strength with, while breaking walls certainly is. You can get get a scar simply by falling on your knees in solid ground, and it can last years. A scar is nothing but superficial damage, just the skin that got messed up and couldn't regenerate properly because of the way it was done.
Ryu scarring Sagat means nothing (remember this was supposed to have been by normal Ryu with a regular Shoryuken before SFA2 and the Satsui no Hadou deal). Just because it's the only scarring you heard of in SF doesn't mean it takes a high level of power to perform or that any high power attack should deal a scar. Zangief has life long scars made by bear claws. Cammy has a scar possibly made by Vega or just in some off-game event by an off-game unknown character.
If scars were a feat of power, then everyone who has fought with Akuma should have one too since he also has 'Evil Shoryukens' like Ryu's.
Anyway, my main point is that you make it look like a regular attack from Terry is in the same level as a super from SnH Ryu just because it produced a scar too, which I think is a clear misconception.

Last edited by Evil Ryu on Mar 28th, 2009 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 07:59 PM
Evil Ryu is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Ryu a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Ryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Lol, And the canon validity of the anime is stated on the back of the movie case.

"Following the events of Street Fighter II..."

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 28th, 2009 10:07 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Ok, it was retconed (damn, Terry eventually even stole the glory from the tall building and the ground below it).

don't poke the bear man. you know better than anyone how big ryu's jobber aura is. Seth and Akuma both fell pray to Ryu's godliness by giving in to his hogan-routine.

quote:
I need better sources lol.

SNK made FFWA as a retcon to FF1 given that lots of things in the FF storyline were changing. that is a fact. that's how it was promoted. and that's how it was.

quote:
I am who I am is still right though. Making scars isn't something you can measure punching strength with, while breaking walls certainly is.

that never stopped him from using Ryu scarring Sagat as a feat though. he even went out of his way to post pics of it to show how strong ryu was. when you boys make up your minds whether ryu scarring sagat is a feat or not, let me know laughing out loud

quote:
You can get get a scar simply by falling on your knees in solid ground, and it can last years. A scar is nothing but superficial damage, just the skin that got messed up and couldn't regenerate properly because of the way it was done.

depends what kind of scar it was. there are different types of scars and it also depends WHERE you get the scar. some areas of the body are more prone to bruising than others.

quote:
Ryu scarring Sagat means nothing (remember this was supposed to have been by normal Ryu with a regular Shoryuken before SFA2 and the Satsui no Hadou deal).

for now it seems.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:
Just because it's the only scarring you heard of in SF doesn't mean it takes a high level of power to perform or that any high power attack should deal a scar. Zangief has life long scars made by bear claws. Cammy has a scar possibly made by Vega or just in some off-game event by an off-game unknown character.

getting scars from claws is different. in Terry's case it was pure blunt force trauma of his blows that caused the scars. creating scars on the back and chest with blunt force is impressive as hell. in ryu's case it was arching motion of the shoryuken which is impressive but not as impressive as what Terry did.

quote:
Lol, And the canon validity of the anime is stated on the back of the movie case. "Following the events of Street Fighter II..."

really now, man, that was low. SFA Generations anime said it was the prequel to the SFA anime. what it says on the cover don't mean shite. you oughta know better than that.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Mar 29th, 2009 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 09:22 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Ryu

quote:
don't poke the bear man. you know better than anyone how big ryu's jobber aura is. Seth and Akuma both fell pray to Ryu's godliness by giving in to his hogan-routine.

Actually, it's the opposite with Ryu. His glory always gets stolen by some new misterious hidden power or some crap. And Akuma only toys with Ryu when he fights him, he would never really fall prey to him.
quote:
SNK made FFWA as a retcon to FF1 given that lots of things in the FF storyline were changing. that is a fact. that's how it was promoted. and that's how it was.

Lol, too bad I don't play 3d fighters.
quote:
that never stopped him from using Ryu scarring Sagat as a feat though. he even went out of his way to post pics of it to show how strong ryu was. when you boys make up your minds whether ryu scarring sagat is a feat or not, let me know

Scarring Sagat isn't the feat. Knocking him out with a single attack is the feat.
quote:
getting scars from claws is different. in Terry's case it was pure blunt force trauma of his blows that caused the scars. creating scars on the back and chest with blunt force is impressive as hell. in ryu's case it was arching motion of the shoryuken which is impressive but not as impressive as what Terry did.

Still, hurting the skin is superficial damage and doesn't require huge amounts of power to do it. You can get scarred and having the muscles and bones under the skin being perfectly fine or you could get completely f***ed up inside without any permanent damage to the skin.
The point stands. Terry's regular attacks aren't comparable to Evil Ryu's supers only because they both scarred.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 07:02 PM
Evil Ryu is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Ryu a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Ryu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Actually, it's the opposite with Ryu. His glory always gets stolen by some new misterious hidden power or some crap. And Akuma only toys with Ryu when he fights him, he would never really fall prey to him.

laughing out loud
SF4: ryu goes hogan on Seth
SF4 vid: ryu goes hogan on akuma and stalemates him
SFA3: ryu goes hogan on Bison and oneshots him
SF3: ryu beats up on Alex and makes him look like a total n00b, steals his thunder and talks trash about him
list goes on. let me know when terry steals the show from the next generation or doesn't let others take the spotlight from him (kyo, k', ash etc).

quote:
Lol, too bad I don't play 3d fighters.

too bad you don't know general facts about FF too wink

quote:
Scarring Sagat isn't the feat. Knocking him out with a single attack is the feat.

that's not what the fanboys say.
and knocking someone out with a cheapshot aint a feat...especially when the sucker is trying to help you ko'd ass up.

quote:
Still, hurting the skin is superficial damage and doesn't require huge amounts of power to do it. You can get scarred and having the muscles and bones under the skin being perfectly fine or you could get completely f***ed up inside without any permanent damage to the skin.

places like knees, eyes, cheekbones are prone to scarring more than other parts of the body because they have less muscle tissue on them. thus any flesh wound that is even a little deep would leave a mark. same holds true for almost the entire head region due to less muscles there.
the same doesn't hold true for a scar on the chest, arms and back because these areas have large amounts of muscles on them. thus the amount of trauma required to scar these areas would be huge and the flesh would need to be sufficiently deep. scars on these areas don't come about from superficial damage but damage that is deep. and if the damage is to be blunt force trauma, then the force required has to be great.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Mar 29th, 2009 at 07:43 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2009 07:40 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Ryu

quote:
SF4: ryu goes hogan on Seth

I told you, new misterious power s***. I didn't like that fight either.
quote:
SF4 vid: ryu goes hogan on akuma and stalemates him

Again, Akuma was toying. If Akuma gets serious, no Hogan routine can possibly help Ryu.
quote:
SFA3: ryu goes hogan on Bison and oneshots him

He didn't beat Bison though. Just landed a hit on him.
quote:
SF3: ryu beats up on Alex and makes him look like a total n00b, steals his thunder and talks trash about him
list goes on. let me know when terry steals the show from the next generation or doesn't let others take the spotlight from him (kyo, k', ash etc).

I wasn't talking about kof. It's not his series in the first place, he is just there as a guest for the sake of tokenism. And they keep making other people win the tournament without having the guts to come out and say why Terry didn't. At least Capcom had the balls to say Ryu lost to Oro since they are not scared of Ryu fans reaction compared to snk's fear of what terry fans might think if they *gasp* actually make him lose a fight.
quote:
too bad you don't know general facts about FF too

Not much to be known though. Just the old, boring and cliched "You pwned my dad, now I'll pwn you!!!" story.
quote:
and knocking someone out with a cheapshot aint a feat...especially when the sucker is trying to help you ko'd ass up.

Sagat, isn't any weaker nor he has less less endurance for being a nice guy with his guard down. Feat.
quote:
places like knees, eyes, cheekbones are prone to scarring more than other parts of the body because they have less muscle tissue on them. thus any flesh wound that is even a little deep would leave a mark. same holds true for almost the entire head region due to less muscles there.
the same doesn't hold true for a scar on the chest, arms and back because these areas have large amounts of muscles on them. thus the amount of trauma required to scar these areas would be huge and the flesh would need to be sufficiently deep. scars on these areas don't come about from superficial damage but damage that is deep. and if the damage is to be blunt force trauma, then the force required has to be great.

Yes, I know that parts of the body with more flesh are harder to scar, but it's not like the difference is that huge. Even with a lot of muscle under it, skin is still a relatively weak organic tissue.

- Terry's punch isn't in the same level as Evil Ryu's super just because it scarred somebody.
- The walls that Cody breaks are harder to destroy than human skin.

Admit those two little things and we can move on.

Last edited by Evil Ryu on Mar 30th, 2009 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 01:52 AM
No End N Site

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sado22
really now, man, that was low. SFA Generations anime said it was the prequel to the SFA anime. what it says on the cover don't mean shite. you oughta know better than that.
No, it doesn't say after to the SFII anime, it says "Following the events of Street Fighter II tm..." And SFA Generations aint a prequel to the SFA anime, it doesn't even say that, as usual, your makin' shit up as you go. I can't even believe your gonna argue wit me about this. Hell, google SFIV Ties That Bind and it'll tell you it's a prequel to the game.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 02:46 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
No, it doesn't say after to the SFII anime, it says "Following the events of Street Fighter II tm..."And SFA Generations aint a prequel to the SFA anime, it doesn't even say that, as usual, your makin' shit up as you go. I can't even believe your gonna argue wit me about this. Hell, google SFIV Ties That Bind and it'll tell you it's a prequel to the game.

calm down dude. i asked you if the anime is canon. if yes, proove it. if no, say so.

as for SFA generations, that's how the promoted it back in the day. if you don't believe me youtube the trailer and you'll see that it clearly says that it's a prequel. in case you don't believe me: http://www.google.ae/search?hl=en&a...mp;aq=f&oq=

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Mar 30th, 2009 at 06:51 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 06:43 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
told you, new misterious power s***. I didn't like that fight either.

don't mean nothing. hogan routine means hogan routine.

quote:
Again, Akuma was toying. If Akuma gets serious, no Hogan routine can possibly help Ryu

it looked like a stalemate till the point ken interupted the fight. and not to mention that ryu was laid out like a pancake in the beginning but goes hogan on akuma and stalemates the guy.

quote:
Not much to be known though. Just the old, boring and cliched "You pwned my dad, now I'll pwn you!!!" story

yes because "the fight is all" and oh-look-at-ryu-he's-the-true-warriro-walking-in-the-sunset is not milking it.

quote:
Sagat, isn't any weaker nor he has less less endurance for being a nice guy with his guard down. Feat.

he didn't see it coming. BIG difference. stop playing videogames and get into a real fight. knocking out someone with a sucker punch isn't a feat. people have been known to drop with a jab if they didn't see it coming.

quote:
Yes, I know that parts of the body with more flesh are harder to scar, but it's not like the difference is that huge. Even with a lot of muscle under it, skin is still a relatively weak organic tissue.

human flesh, bone and skin are elastic and resilient, genius. hitting an object with elasticity in it is VERY different from hitting a rigid object. and the difference between the two is ALSO very different. the more elasticity an object has the more punishment in can take. that's a fact. that's why people can break slabs of cement with a punch and still not punch a hole through their opponent. did cody ever drill hole into someone? and yet he can punch through walls? what do you think that means? why did cody go berserker on Abigail and still not punch a hole through him?
stop being ridiculous, mate.

the muscle's elasticity is why they tell you to fall on your muscles instead of your bones. that's why we roll off blows "with the shoulder". that's why boxers turtle up and use their arms to absorb damage. that's why you instinctly bring up your arm and tuck your head between shoulders. the muslces are built for power output and absorbing trauma.

quote:
- Terry's punch isn't in the same level as Evil Ryu's super just because it scarred somebody.

we have no other way to compare the two. do you have any other feats for the godly metsu-cheapo-upper? no. thus comparing the two isn't off.

quote:
The walls that Cody breaks are harder to destroy than human skin.

not when you don't see the point of elasticity of an object. muscles are very damage resistent and one of their major purpose is to soak out the damage. THAT is why what terry did with blunt force is very, very impressive.

~Sado

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:03 AM
No End N Site

calm down dude. i asked you if the anime is canon. if yes, proove it. if no, say so.

as for SFA generations, that's how the promoted it back in the day. if you don't believe me youtube the trailer and you'll see that it clearly says that it's a prequel. in case you don't believe me: http://www.google.ae/search?hl=en&a...mp;aq=f&oq=

~Sado
I'm cool, I just lack the patience to argue a point dealin' wit SF wit you anymore. Nothin' personal. Honestly, my next post was gonna be "Phuck it, believe what you want."

My bad, I could see how you would think it's a prequel, peeps erroneously call it that. It was never released in Japan and it wasn't even made by the same anime studio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street...pha_Generations
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0495900/

"Street Fighter IV: The Ties That Bind," a 65 minute anime movie created by Studio 4C (output at 720p), that sets up the story of Street Fighter IV by explaining events post-SFII."
Proof the movie takes place after SF II
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte...0/dp/B001CH2I1O

More Proof

Attachment: sf.jpg
This has been downloaded 67 time(s).

-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Mar 30th, 2009 at 07:41 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 07:34 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

cool. thanx big grin

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:39 AM
Evil Ryu

quote:
don't mean nothing. hogan routine means hogan routine.

Is that fight even canon by Capcom though?
And Terry pulled many, if not more, Hogans as well. And they had lamer reasons than tapping hidden powers like "Terry got mad!" or "Terry had a revelation!" or "Terry realized he is God!"
quote:
it looked like a stalemate till the point ken interupted the fight. and not to mention that ryu was laid out like a pancake in the beginning but goes hogan on akuma and stalemates the guy.

Dude, everyone who knows a little bit about SF story knows that Akuma is much stronger than Ryu. Ryu can't stalemate him in normal conditions. Akuma seemed like he was about to get started right before the Shinryuken. If Ken hadn't interrupted, Ryu would have lost hard.
quote:
yes because "the fight is all" and oh-look-at-ryu-he's-the-true-warriro-walking-in-the-sunset is not milking it.

It has managed to be much more interesting than "Random boss appears. Terry pwns him. The end.", especially during the alpha series with the SnH deal. And SF story isn't just about Ryu, it's about everyone. Terry's dad revenge thing was already included in SF through Chun Li along with much more, while in Fatal Fury, the whole cast is there to lift the invincible godly ubber wolf in their shoulders to make him look bigger. It's just about Terry.
quote:
he didn't see it coming. BIG difference. stop playing videogames and get into a real fight. knocking out someone with a sucker punch isn't a feat. people have been known to drop with a jab if they didn't see it coming.

Sagat going down with one hit because 'he didn't see it coming'? What kind of excuse is that? Muay Thai champions can take a hit. And this isn't a real fight, SF has an animesque styled storyline, where you don't get 1hkoed by a free unexpected hit unless there's a huge power difference. It was unexpeceted and cheap, but that doesn't make the hit any weaker. SnH greatly enhances the users power. Fact.
quote:
human flesh, bone and skin are elastic and resilient, genius. hitting an object with elasticity in it is VERY different from hitting a rigid object. and the difference between the two is ALSO very different. the more elasticity an object has the more punishment in can take. that's a fact. that's why people can break slabs of cement with a punch and still not punch a hole through their opponent. did cody ever drill hole into someone? and yet he can punch through walls? what do you think that means? why did cody go berserker on Abigail and still not punch a hole through him?
stop being ridiculous, mate.

Dude, I know skin is resilient and elastic and the walls are rigid, but you are overrating skin and underrating the walls a lot. Walls are HARD. Try punching one. It's very hard to break them even with tools.
And I never talked about punching holes through people.
quote:
not when you don't see the point of elasticity of an object. muscles are very damage resistent and one of their major purpose is to soak out the damage. THAT is why what terry did with blunt force is very, very impressive.

Geese's scar is the horizontal line shaped one on his chest? If so and if it was blunt direct damage, why does it look like it he had been slashed there or something?
quote:
we have no other way to compare the two. do you have any other feats for the godly metsu-cheapo-upper? no. thus comparing the two isn't off.

The fact that there isn't any other way to compare them doesn't mean that scar dealing is a right and accurate way of doing it.
The right way is clearing your head of Terry fanboyism, forget about beating me in the argument, try to dig some common sense from the dark corners of your mind and repeat to yourself "Terry's regular attacks are as strong as Evil Ryu's supers" and then realize how silly, fanboyish and Terry overrating that just sounded.
You didn't want to accept the possibility of someone striking harder than the great and legendary Terry, and used a weak basis to overrate him to the point where he is at Evil Ryu's level. Then, instead of admiting you used a flawed logic, you got more and more defensive about it with each post. Come on man. I'm not saying Terry didn't punch Geese hard, I'm just saying he isn't as strong as Ryu with the help of SnH.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2009 09:39 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

quote:
Dude, everyone who knows a little bit about SF story knows that Akuma is much stronger than Ryu. Ryu can't stalemate him in normal conditions. Akuma seemed like he was about to get started right before the Shinryuken. If Ken hadn't interrupted, Ryu would have lost hard.

he wasn't serious even when he did tenma gou zankuu?

quote:
Sagat going down with one hit because 'he didn't see it coming'? What kind of excuse is that? Muay Thai champions can take a hit. And this isn't a real fight, SF has an animesque styled storyline, where you don't get 1hkoed by a free unexpected hit unless there's a huge power difference. It was unexpeceted and cheap, but that doesn't make the hit any weaker. SnH greatly enhances the users power. Fact.

all Ryu did is a cheapshot while consumed by satsui no hadou. Sagat want to help Ryu after got beaten so badly. and when he was just a bout to help, Ryu cheap "deus ex machina" shot him with metsu Shoryuken. so, yes. he didn't see it coming.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 02:14 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Is that fight even canon by Capcom though?
And Terry pulled many, if not more, Hogans as well. And they had lamer reasons than tapping hidden powers like "Terry got mad!" or "Terry had a revelation!" or "Terry realized he is God!"

if it's in a canon anime then it probably is.
and terry's fights are never documented so all the stories you've heard of "terry hulking up" are fanlore and not canonical. terry/geese and terry/krauser were all good, close hard fought battles. not one sided shitestomps that got turned around because god appeared before ryu and told him to put the ChiRho sign on his belt

quote:

i'm sorry but in that vid they looked pretty even post-hoganroutine. akuma looked like he was serious. he wasn't fooling around. i doubt he was SHIN akuma but he looked pretty serious to me.

quote:
It has managed to be much more interesting than "Random boss appears. Terry pwns him. The end.", especially during the alpha series with the SnH deal.

alpha series was entertainin? right.
as for Terry, what random boss? its been geese and krauser for the most part of it. and what do you call SF?
"new guys shows up. says ryu's true warrior so he'll chase his ass. ryu gets pwned. then goes godly jobberaura mode and oneshots him. ryu walks into the sunset."
Sagat, Bison, Seth are three of the FOUR mainbosses SF has seen and he did that all of them.

quote:
And SF story isn't just about Ryu, it's about everyone.

like who? ryu's won every goddamn tournament except 3 so what does it have to do with everyone? how much impact on his life or the outcome of the tournament has anyone else ever had? nothing. guile and chunli have been nothing but fodder for the whole time despite having a relatively decent storyline to them.

quote:
erry's dad revenge thing was already included in SF through Chun Li along with much more, while in Fatal Fury, the whole cast is there to lift the invincible godly ubber wolf in their shoulders to make him look bigger. It's just about Terry.

SF1: ryu wins
SF2: from evidence, ryu wins
SF4: ryu'll probably win since he could oneshot the badguy
Sf3: ryu loses ONLY because he was up against Oro. notice how he still gets to shitstomp alex later on. at least terry never made the new hero look bad. rock is the champ. terry didn't steal his spotlight. how many SF games don't have ryu going hogan on people?

quote:
Dude, I know skin is resilient and elastic and the walls are rigid, but you are overrating skin and underrating the walls a lot. Walls are HARD. Try punching one. It's very hard to break them even with tools.
And I never talked about punching holes through people.

yes i know. i used to punch walls all the time. elasticity makes it more durable than walls is my point and the fact that the muslces and bones of geese couldn't absorb the blows from terry makes it more impressive than the fact that wall buster Cody. notice also that i've already mentioned that terry makes craters with his blows and ALSO scars people. cody has done the latter but not the former.

to be contd.

~Sado

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 07:04 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Sagat going down with one hit because 'he didn't see it coming'? What kind of excuse is that? Muay Thai champions can take a hit. And this isn't a real fight, SF has an animesque styled storyline, where you don't get 1hkoed by a free unexpected hit unless there's a huge power difference. It was unexpeceted and cheap, but that doesn't make the hit any weaker. SnH greatly enhances the users power. Fact

a very valid excuse. the reason a punch you don't see coming is called a cheapshot is because it is damaging but a cowardly way of landing a damaging shot. it doesn't make the strike any weak, yes, but at the same time it says next to nothing about Sagat's endurance. when you don't see something coming you can't prepare, when you can't prepare your endurance isn't at test.

quote:
Geese's scar is the horizontal line shaped one on his chest? If so and if it was blunt direct damage, why does it look like it he had been slashed there or something?

same reason why kazuya's scar is diagonal even though he fell chest first on the ground. it's a videogame so realistic physics is the last thing on their mind.

quote:
The right way is clearing your head of Terry fanboyism, forget about beating me in the argument, try to dig some common sense from the dark corners of your mind and repeat to yourself "Terry's regular attacks are as strong as Evil Ryu's supers" and then realize how silly, fanboyish and Terry overrating that just sounded.

watch your mouth. i'm not turning this into something personal so kill the noise. i'm no terry fanboy. i can name you several people who'd beat him without much trouble. but ryu aint one of them.
fact of the matter is: evil ryu has no feats. in terms of striking and what not, he has done NOTHING that is more impressive than Terry. if all he's done is scar someone then its not even comparable to Terry who has done it with regular moves.
dig that in your head. around here at KMC we compare characters according to feats. by feast, your "god a.k.a. ryu" has got nothing on Bogard and that's a fact. and the fact that you're resorting to cheap shots and personal attacks shows that you've got nothing to say and you've been served. now shut up and go to your room, boy.

quote:
You didn't want to accept the possibility of someone striking harder than the great and legendary Terry

laughing
funny. you just called me a fanboy for (according to you) believing that terry hits harder than evil ryu.

quote:
used a weak basis to overrate him to the point where he is at Evil Ryu's level.

by feats, yes he's done better. name me another feat by Evil ryu?

quote:
Then, instead of admiting you used a flawed logic, you got more and more defensive about it with each post. Come on man. I'm not saying Terry didn't punch Geese hard, I'm just saying he isn't as strong as Ryu with the help of SnH.

read over what you just typed and slap yourself in the head for reaching desperately. calm down mate. evil ryu aint the shite you're making him and that's a fact.
he can tremble the ground with a power up? okay that's cool.
he can teleport at great speeds? okay that's cool.
but if all he's done is scar people with this much power than that aint that impressive. not to mention that terry's fought and beaten peeps who can shake the earth with a power up (Grant). so what has evil ryu done that would change my mind when Terry's taken on these kinda people in the past and going by feats his own hitting output seems to outshite Evil Ryu's?
is that so hard to understand?
the moment this chum does something worth mentioning in terms of striking power, let me know.

~Sado
P.S. don't go around calling someone else a fanboy when your name and avatar all contain Evil Ryu. heck, even your sig used to have him.

Last edited by Sado22 on Mar 31st, 2009 at 09:54 AM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 09:48 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh and ripped that pic off my site for your avatar too! mad

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 12:17 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Kirikaze
have you noticed how no one is moaning about Seth's loss to ryu as PIS? stick out tongue
Terry gets flamed often here for stomping on people even though his fights aren't even documented. "god" on the other hand has all his career highlights end with a jobber-aura, PIS ridden one shot that fubars all his opponents.
-SF1: he gets pwned, goes evil-hogan and oneshots Fagat
-SFA3: he gets pwned, goes hogan and oneshots Bison
-SF4: he gets pwned, goes hogan and oneshots Seth
-SF4 vid: he gets pwned by Gouki, goes hogan and turns it into a stalemate

but all this is cool. because even if akuma can destory islands with a punch, and Bison can "vape cities" their being oneshotted by ryu isn't so bad. but:
-if orochi can destroy the world but gets neutralized by THREE people whose power was created to neutralize him.....then it's PIS.
-if jinpachi can end life on earth but loses to Jin who himself is a hybrid....then it's PIS.

gotta love the SF fanboy standards laughing

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 12:27 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

@Kirikaze
have you noticed how no one is moaning about Seth's loss to ryu as PIS? stick out tongue
Terry gets flamed often here for stomping on people even though his fights aren't even documented. "god" on the other hand has all his career highlights end with a jobber-aura, PIS ridden one shot that fubars all his opponents.
-SF1: he gets pwned, goes evil-hogan and oneshots Fagat
-SFA3: he gets pwned, goes hogan and oneshots Bison
-SF4: he gets pwned, goes hogan and oneshots Seth
-SF4 vid: he gets pwned by Gouki, goes hogan and turns it into a stalemate

but all this is cool. because even if akuma can destory islands with a punch, and Bison can "vape cities" their being oneshotted by ryu isn't so bad. but:
-if orochi can destroy the world but gets neutralized by THREE people whose power was created to neutralize him.....then it's PIS.
-if jinpachi can end life on earth but loses to Jin who himself is a hybrid....then it's PIS.

gotta love the SF fanboy standards laughing

that's what makes me don't like Ryu sometimes. the most overrated fighting game character with his "protectors".

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 12:48 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn straight. i like ryu too but the way he is overrated really makes me hate him at times.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2009 04:39 PM