KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2009 (Updated!)- Main Rules

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2009 (Updated!)- Main Rules
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Melkor

Ha, so scholar types having only 2 is their main weakness, since they are not reall handicapped combat-wise in other ways?

Gallador`s only directly useful combat power is Staredown. But it seems it will work almost on anyone with the bonus from Charisma power.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 01:35 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is very much true with the Scholar, yes- lacking a blade schtick is actually a larger combat issue than having one fewer sabre pool.

Staredown can be surprisingly effective, though is one of several powers that we'll be keeping an eye on for testing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 01:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Well, it costs 2 points, so it cannot be used that often, and making an opponent automiss two times during the story( even scholars with pool of 8 would likely spend half their points on different things) does not sound like that balance breaking. And yes, I want something that will make me last few turns against Rogan.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Sep 8th, 2008 01:41 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oops, I never really got around to updating the Merits section!

Done so now. iIf any new players want to alter their merits in light of that, I am amenable.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 11:19 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Question about Reflection. It says that when tapped, it can reflect any and all attacks that meet the 12 or lower specifications. Say you have that tapped and your Defense is 3 or 4 and the ten Mooks you are fighting only have a combat value of 5, meaning they are rolling one or two dice. Would you be Reflecting back and killing all ten of them, or would GM discretion come into play?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 10:49 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is generally considered to be a limit as to how many you can kill in one go. Normally one 'group'.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 11:25 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Makes sense.

Are there going to be any tweaks to the system? I believe you mentioned more schticks might be coming along.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2009 01:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pgdarth95

this is all....very confusing...
dont waste your time trying to explain it to me, its kinda like kotor 1 and 2 right?

Its been a long time, how have you been? You know, when you MURDERED me.
Ahh..well let us put that behind us....for science....you monster....

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 01:37 AM
pgdarth95 is currently offline Click here to Send pgdarth95 a Private Message Find more posts by pgdarth95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pgdarth95

with the carisma and the +2 and _1 stuff.

Its been a long time, how have you been? You know, when you MURDERED me.
Ahh..well let us put that behind us....for science....you monster....

Old Post Oct 9th, 2009 01:37 AM
pgdarth95 is currently offline Click here to Send pgdarth95 a Private Message Find more posts by pgdarth95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Changes 12/2009

GENERAL

- General tinkering with text to make it more informative. In particular- re-wrote section on how Mooks die

- Added section on armour, explaining difference between armour rating and armour pool

- Specified that making an attack ends your action unless you have an 'attack on the move' power, like Charge.

- Added section on cover

- Updated weapon list. All characters with guns are now expected to select with gun type they use. Added area effect rules. Added electrostaff (as seen in ROTS) as a weapon type. Added support blaster (the much larger rifles carried by clonetroopers) as a weapon type. Added area effect weapon types in new Heavy Weapon section.

- Written in change to how * ratings work.

- Updated refresh system to new odds- refreshes are now more common.

- Included the 'Unstoppable' rules, which always existed before but were never specified

- Added a rule about 'bonus attacks', meaning that you cannot get a bonus off of a bonus. This will help keep Cleave under control.

SCHTICKS

Important note- schtick updates are not yet complete!

- Both Guns Blazing is updated to give it more punch.

- As a result, Straight Shooter has been removed.

- Carnival of Carnage now has some targeting restrictions.

- Combat schtick changes have been made; I just don't have access right now. Coming soon!

- Balanced Guard now gives more armour but no Defence by default

- Focussed Guard has been reworked and became the first schtick that carries a fighting penalty. Similar schticks may follow as we want some other Guard options.

- Forward Guard has been improved

- Orthodox Guard has been improved

- Block has become the first non-Guard to have a penalty. Its use has been changed to Parry so that it combines well with most Guards but does not 'fill the gap' of Forward Guard.

- Charge's tap power has been altered and its basic power clarified.

- A revision warning has been added to Cleave's tap power. Its basic power is safe.

- The numbers for Reflection have been changed and a limitation introduced to the tap

- Perfect Strike slightly improved

FORCE POWERS

These are still under revision. However, the tree structure is the same. The aim is that al Force powers costing more than 1 point are being removed or improved by reducing cost to 1. Hence, any force power still costing 2 has not been changed yet and likely will be so.

- Combat Push is now improved against named targets and works differently as a basic offensive weapon against Mooks.

- The defensive bonus from lifting is now automatic. You can take an action to ebcome even more defensive against slow moving projectiles with it.

- Grip has been altered

- Bombard does more damage and is Unstoppable

- The distinction between Sabre Throw and Advanced Sabre throw has been altered.

- Clarified Defensive Leap

- Combination and Flurry have been combined into a cheaper and improved Flurry, which is using multiplication for the first time

- Twirl and Spin have been combined into a much deadlier Twirl

- Clarified that Sidestep can reduce damage to 0 in a way that armour cannot.

- Living and Cosmic Force powers will be revised later

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 4th, 2009 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 03:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Looks good to me! I like most of the changes. Particularly Twirl and Flurry...

What does it mean for the Electrostaff when it says it can be used 'safely' against Lightsabers?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 03:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Melee weapons tend to mysteriously break when used against sabres; electrostaffs (as used by Greivous' bodyguards) do not.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 04:11 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Ah, gotcha. Is that breaking thing randomly determined or can you take an action to lop a weapon out of someone's hands?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 04:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Rolling successes against the target makes it more likely to happen.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 04:30 PM
Peach
mordrem

The change to Flurry slightly confuses me. I really cannot tell if it's improved from what it was before! I guess I'd have to see it in action or something.

Mostly liking the other ones, though. Forward Guard

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 05:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

To clarify:

Flurry costs one force point. It halves your attack pool. But each success inflicts the base damage of your weapon on one target. With a sabre, that is 6, 12, 18, 24 for 1, 2, 3, 4 successes respectively. It is capped at 4, as 24 damage is harsh enough.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 4th, 2009 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 05:39 PM
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, I must have missed the 'base damage' part. That is indeed rather awesome. Too bad about the success cap though stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 05:40 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

I am most interested in Cosmic and Living Powers, so waiting for this to be updated!

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 10:58 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Just to be a pest, does Xeth's sonic blaster receive any different rules? I noticed the '-2 to dodge' on the solid ammo heavy weapons and it reminded me of the old rules for it.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Last edited by Bespin Bart on Dec 5th, 2009 at 03:32 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 03:30 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Also, since it pertains to me, with area affect how do you determine mook kills?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 03:59 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote