KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Tir McDohl (Suikoden) VS Link (The Legend of Zelda)

Tir McDohl (Suikoden) VS Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Started by: Remi8193

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
No, my feat for Link is that an army of demon swordsmen, archers, grenadiers, giant pikemen, and undead dual sword wielding skeletons were expected to do no better against Link than be an adequate stall for time--and in the end, they were even less than adequate at that.

Please don't use usless buzzwords in order to discredit something. Afterall, what does that say about Tir, who has far less than even that?

smile
Get on Skype you lesbian.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 01:45 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Get on Skype you lesbian.

phuck you, b!tch. leaving me out to dry like that for weeks.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 01:46 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by CosmicComet
phuck you, b!tch. leaving me out to dry like that for weeks.
I was drunk D:<

Old Post May 31st, 2012 01:47 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

All right, Blight and T.

I have a proposal. You guys seem fairly confident Tir can win this, so what say we pick a Link and debate this with that one specific link from here on out.

I suggest Skyward Sword Link, Twilight Princess Link, or Ocarina of Time Link.

We already have Skyward feats in here, so that would be easiest, imho. smile

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:03 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Ah, so essentially in the rules of this forum we can only go by feats which renders character useless when they have none. So Link could beat say, Shadow from Final Fantasy in nothing but hand to hand due to shadow having no feats. Works for debate I suppose, but not for anything with common sense. Congratulations on winning the debate, I suppose. Doesn't change what would actually happen smile

-_-

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:35 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

So, how about that "protection from Twilight" thing the Master Sword showed? With some help from the Triforce of Courage, Link does have proven supernatural resistances that do not affect only evil effects. Until the Soul Eater shows some way to pierce that resistance, I'm leaning towards the Master Sword no selling its ability.

As for fighting ability, skill is indeed difficult to quantify. Which is why I won't try and instead give Link's abilities:

Ocarina of Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48AEDFgH4jY#t=3m42s

Link's strength with Golden Gauntlets is through the roof. Enough to make up for a skill difference? Maybe, maybe not, but that would be rather difficult to block.

Wind Waker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkS1GFQhldc#t=2m48s

Similar item, but a little less strength. Still wouldn't want him to hit you, though.

Twilight Princess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE6x19jE6Vk#t=1m6s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJACleGuOs#t=4m37s

Twilight Princess Link is unique for being freakishly strong without an item, which is pretty nice. Tossing armored guys made of rock and large icebergs around is some good strength.

Skyward Sword
This one is more powerscaling, I freely admit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBMUyekvhk#t=28s

Ghirahim is capable of blowing through large stone walls in his weakest form. By the end of the game, Link can overpower Ghirahim's strongest form, often knocking him off balance when they clash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHtO9q7s66o#t=4m9s

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:37 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Doesn't change what would actually happen
Tir's largest advantage is nullified by something more powerful. This is what would actually happen. :P

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:37 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by The Scenario
So, how about that "protection from Twilight" thing the Master Sword showed? With some help from the Triforce of Courage, Link does have proven supernatural resistances that do not affect only evil effects. Until the Soul Eater shows some way to pierce that resistance, I'm leaning towards the Master Sword no selling its ability.

As for fighting ability, skill is indeed difficult to quantify. Which is why I won't try and instead give Link's abilities:

Ocarina of Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48AEDFgH4jY#t=3m42s

Link's strength with Golden Gauntlets is through the roof. Enough to make up for a skill difference? Maybe, maybe not, but that would be rather difficult to block.

Wind Waker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkS1GFQhldc#t=2m48s

Similar item, but a little less strength. Still wouldn't want him to hit you, though.

Twilight Princess
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE6x19jE6Vk#t=1m6s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAJACleGuOs#t=4m37s

Twilight Princess Link is unique for being freakishly strong without an item, which is pretty nice. Tossing armored guys made of rock and large icebergs around is some good strength.

Skyward Sword
This one is more powerscaling, I freely admit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBMUyekvhk#t=28s

Ghirahim is capable of blowing through large stone walls in his weakest form. By the end of the game, Link can overpower Ghirahim's strongest form, often knocking him off balance when they clash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHtO9q7s66o#t=4m9s
God, I love you sometimes. I was going to post that last one myself.

Was also going to mention

The shield Ghirahim shatters after smashing through the wall is powerful enough to hold back millions of tons of water.

Link physically bests him. \o/

Skype?

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:40 AM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Blight
Ah, so essentially in the rules of this forum we can only go by feats which renders character useless when they have none.

Absolutely. If you don't have feats, you lose. Unless there's some statements for implied power or powerscaling available to be involved. This goes for comic debates as well--only over there they simply allow more room for tolerating subjectivity than here.

quote:

So Link could beat say, Shadow from Final Fantasy in nothing but hand to hand due to shadow having no feats. Works for debate I suppose, but not for anything with common sense. Congratulations on winning the debate, I suppose. Doesn't change what would actually happen smile [/B]

Don't know who the hell that is, but I'm amused by your butt hurt.

Why the hell would we give Tir the victory if he doesn't have the feats? lol. That's the only logic we have to present here.

Last edited by CosmicComet on May 31st, 2012 at 02:46 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:40 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Tir's largest advantage is nullified by something more powerful. This is what would actually happen. :P

But it wouldn't. Until the master sword is partially responsible for the universe existing, I will never believe it is less powerful than the Soul Eater. But hold on to your opinion, for all the good it does.

Not butt hurt at all, just trying to understand things. I understand the whole feats thing, I just happen to think there are logical inconsistencies when talking about using only feats in videogames. Especially when it pertains to older RPG's. It essentially renders every RPG from the eighties through the mid nineties 100% ineffectual. It certainly isn't much of a true gauge, but I understand its all you van really quantify. Just kind of... Lame.

-_-

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:47 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

If your favorite games are old and lack feats, thats just too bad.

You don't have to like a game for feat potential. stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:52 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

No but it neuters any potential debate you can have when you know who the clear winner is. If we went by implied power I suppose I could argue that since the soul eater is one of 27 things that made the universe, I guess I could argue that's more powerful than a blessing by angels, but it would be unquantifiable.

Again, I still know Tir would win. I just can't prove it by anything the forum would allow.

-_-

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:55 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Sword blessed by all three of the things that made the Zelda verse! HAH!

stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2012 02:59 AM
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

Yeah, it's just impossible to argue how powerful something is when all there is to go on is numbers that can't apply to other game universes. Implied power is nice (and to some extent usable) but it doesn't stand up to concrete feats.

'k, being one of 27 runes that created the universe is good. That's at least something to work with. The Master Sword has something similar. We all know it wrecks Ganon, the holder of the Triforce of Power. 1/3 of the Triforce, which is the Artifact of the goddesses who created the universe, and is capable of granting wishes and/or rewriting reality.

Triforce ~ creators of universe
Triforce of Power = 1/3 Triforce
Triforce of Power ~ 1/3 creators of universe
Master Sword > Triforce of Power
Master Sword > 1/3 Triforce
Master Sword > 1/3 creators of universe

That being the normal way of looking at it. In Skyward Sword, the Master Sword was also forged in the divine flames of the three goddesses as well. So is that good enough?

Old Post May 31st, 2012 03:12 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by The Scenario
Yeah, it's just impossible to argue how powerful something is when all there is to go on is numbers that can't apply to other game universes. Implied power is nice (and to some extent usable) but it doesn't stand up to concrete feats.

'k, being one of 27 runes that created the universe is good. That's at least something to work with. The Master Sword has something similar. We all know it wrecks Ganon, the holder of the Triforce of Power. 1/3 of the Triforce, which is the Artifact of the goddesses who created the universe, and is capable of granting wishes and/or rewriting reality.

Triforce ~ creators of universe
Triforce of Power = 1/3 Triforce
Triforce of Power ~ 1/3 creators of universe
Master Sword > Triforce of Power
Master Sword > 1/3 Triforce
Master Sword > 1/3 creators of universe

That being the normal way of looking at it. In Skyward Sword, the Master Sword was also forged in the divine flames of the three goddesses as well. So is that good enough?

I would think it was enough if it WAS one of the forces that made the universe, but its not. It was only made by them. Doesn't equal the power in my opinion.

-_-

Old Post May 31st, 2012 03:28 AM
CosmicComet

blight make some game vs threads please, we're kinda flagging in activity and new blood helps. :P

Old Post May 31st, 2012 03:40 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Flagging in activity? What exactly does this mean?

-_-

Old Post May 31st, 2012 04:43 AM
CosmicComet

flagging;

dwindling. weak. fatigued.

take your pick.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 04:57 AM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Maybe it's because all people do is argue feats which don't always accurately describe a character's worth? erm

-_-

Old Post May 31st, 2012 05:09 AM
CosmicComet

No, that's not it.

We have more thorough, 10,000 character breaking multi-post debates here than happens on comic vs, precisely because we argue feats more intensely.

It's just we have less characters to argue for.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 05:13 AM