KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- Character Creation

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- Character Creation
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Craft
CTE

I may have gone overboard with Force mastery, was trying to make a more social/defensive type Ronin. How'd I do?

Wentar Reiua

Ronin

“Without the approval of the Council if I must.”

The Knight without a Master... the Ronin is a highly experienced agent, much like the Adventurer, but one who no longer takes orders from the Council. The Ronin was almost certainly once a Knight, and has left the Council most likely after some argument. Maybe the lawyers meant the bad guy got away after an otherwise successful mission. maybe one too many corrupt politicians were behind a plot, and they got away scot free whilst the Ronin could only deal with the underlings. Maybe the Ronin objects to the entire direction the Order has taken. Regardless, he has taken leave of his office, but not of the responsibilities he feels.

The Ronin has the same breadth of Galactic experience as an Adventurer. He's a bit more aggressive with the sabre, a little less calm with the Force.

STATS

Strength: 4
Agility: 4
Dexterity: 4
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 5
Perception: 3

Force Rating: 7
Force Attack: 7
Force Defence: 1

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 5
Combat: 2 (Fixed)
Pilot: 4
Savoir-Faire: 2
Languages: 2
Intimidate: 2
Leadership: 2
Medicine: 1
Fix-it: 1
Jedi Lore: 1
Observation: 1
Persuade: 3

SPECIAL: Life amongst the Stars: Wandering Ace

choose 3 Pilot Schticks

FORCE POWERS:
Push/Pull (Mastery)
Leaping (Mastery)

Sense (Mastery)
Presence (Mastery)
Leadership (Mastery)

Intuition

BLADE SCHTICKS:
Reflection
Focussed Guard
Bodyguard
Block

COMBAT SCHTICKS:
Focussed Blow
Unbreakable
Counterstrike

Merits:
STARSHIP- The Free Flier
ALLY- Emso Crubo (Zabrak, ex slave. Now works with Wentar as his mechanic.)
CONTACT- Loj'oon (Reformed Pirate, now owner of an Inner Rim Freight service.)
CONTACT- Hloo'jen (Head of an outer rim anti slavery movement.)

Renegades have an extra Merit but have no authority as a Jedi

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 12:24 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Adventurer

"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic."

Denzral Vassisk

The Adventurer is a veteran Jedi agent. By 'veteran' I mean experienced rather than old; Adventuers tend to be late 20s/early 30s. Other than his broad experience of Jedi missions, what distinguishes an Adventurer from his fellows is his extreme curiosity and wonder about the Galaxy. he tends to take the more dangerous or exotic missions and assignments simply so he can learn something new. Over his career the Adventurer has picked up all sorts of skills and tricks; he is a highly skilled Lightsabre fighter and well skilled in the ways of the Force also. The Adventurer's speciaism is skills, but he's actually good at everything, so if in doubt, take one of these guys.

STATS

Agility: 5
Dexterity: 3

Charisma: 4
Perception: 4

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 4

Jedi Lore: 2

Leadership: 1

Savoir-Faire: 1

Medicine: 2

Fix-it: 3

Observation: 2

SPECIAL: Life in the Field:

A. Man of all Talents: Guns 2, Pilot 2,

(Schtics?)

FORCE POWERS: Push/Pull, Sense, Intuition, Leaping, TBC...

BLADE SCHTICKS: 3
-

COMBAT SCHTICKS: 3
-

Will finish this soon... big grin

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 03:28 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, look at all the Renegades!

Your characters all look good, well done (waiting for Denzral to finish, of course)

Noting a certain amount of rejection of Cosmic Force in lieu of Living... which suits Renegades well!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 03:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbias3d
Paradox

want me to put mine up in the records ush? or are you?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 03:50 PM
Unbias3d is currently offline Click here to Send Unbias3d a Private Message Find more posts by Unbias3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, I'll do that- they all go up front anyway, for easy viewing.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 03:50 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Adventurer

"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic."

Denzral Vassisk

The Adventurer is a veteran Jedi agent. By 'veteran' I mean experienced rather than old; Adventuers tend to be late 20s/early 30s. Other than his broad experience of Jedi missions, what distinguishes an Adventurer from his fellows is his extreme curiosity and wonder about the Galaxy. he tends to take the more dangerous or exotic missions and assignments simply so he can learn something new. Over his career the Adventurer has picked up all sorts of skills and tricks; he is a highly skilled Lightsabre fighter and well skilled in the ways of the Force also. The Adventurer's speciaism is skills, but he's actually good at everything, so if in doubt, take one of these guys.

STATS

Agility: 5
Dexterity: 3

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 4

Leadership: 1

Savoir-Faire: 1

Medicine: 2

Fix-it: 3

Observation: 2

SPECIAL: Life in the Field:

A. Man of all Talents: Guns 2, Pilot 2,

GUNS SCHTICK:
Gunslinger

PILOT SCHTICK:

(!help!)

FORCE POWER: Push/Pull, Sense, Intuition, Leaping, Mind Trick, Levitate... (help please)

BLADE SCHTICKS:
Orthodox Guard, Riposte, Reflection.

COMBAT SCHTICKS:
Focussed Blow, Side Step, Martial Artist.

MERITS

Weapons:
Light Pistol, Lightsabre.

Star Ship:
(default) Jedi Starfighter, (additional) Starry Ice YT-1300 light freighter, gained after he took part in a raid on a Pirate base in which Denzral chased down a dark Jedi who had been meeting withing the base which was on a moon. The freighter was used as an escape vehical by the dark Jedi who engaged Denz in sabre combat as it esaped on auto pilot.

Ally:
R4-D7 (default)

Jedi Master Trin Derimx, on the council.

Mentor:
Jedi Master Veiss Ichinara

I need help! messed Suggestions?

Last edited by Jedireaper on Jul 20th, 2008 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:14 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Jedireaper, you don`t have to care about pilot schticks for now, they are still in developement.

About your Force powers, remember that you can choose the Power second time for its Masteries.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 12:10 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

No comprendé... What do you mean?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 12:57 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

He's saying you may want to focus your Force choices a bit more so you can take a Mastery or two, instead of being so spread out.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 01:14 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Mastery?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 01:34 AM
Peach
mordrem

Yes, as it explains in the rules - if you take a Force power a second time, you get a Mastery in it and thus have more options available with that power. It's generally better to be good with a few things than just okay with a lot of different things.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 01:39 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
It's generally better to be good with a few things than just okay with a lot of different things.

It's generally better to read the rules properly, too.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 01:41 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I read the rules, just didn't understand mastery's any Force skill suggestions?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 02:21 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Welcome all new players! Especially the Renegades, I'm thrilled that we've already got three new players for that. big grin

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 05:24 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I'm enjoying vacations with some friends now, out of the country, but as soon as I return I'll get to work on my character.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 06:47 AM
Col. Valerian is currently offline Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

The only question I have is for Ush. Is it possible to use a Lightwhip instead of a Lightsaber? If not I will just stick with the good old lasersword and my character should be set.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 06:57 AM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

I'll go ahead and post my numbers.

Azarl Kaal, Heretic

PHYSICAL
Agility: 3
Dexterity: 5
Defense: 1

MENTAL
Intelligence: 5

FORCE
Force Power: 8
Force Attack: 8
Force Defense: 2

SKILLS
Lightwhip: 3
Languages: 3
Savoir-Faire: 3
Lying: 2
Medicine: 1
Languages: 1
Observation: 1
Combat: 2
Intimidation: 2
Leadership: 3

MERITS
1 Merit to Ally (Sith Combat-Protocol Droid)
1 Merit to Contact (Headhunter Slavers)
1 Merit to Contact (Cult of Will)
1 Merit to Power Hungry

FORCE POWERS

PUSH/PULL (Combat Push [1], Saber Throw [1])
LIFTING (Super Lift [x], Grip [1], Bombard [1])
PRECISION

LEAPING

SWIFTNESS

SENSE (Scan [0/1], Empathy [1])
PRESENCE

INTUITION

BLADE SCHTICKS
Orthodox Guard
Block

COMBAT SCHTICKS
Martial Artist

Covertly Educated- Via hard work, study, deceit and, if necessary, force, the Heretic has learned as much as many of the greatest academic minds. He adds one to all Intelligence-based rolls, and can make Intelligence rolls on any skill he does not have at no penalty, even on normally restricted skills.

Outsiders gain an extra Merit but get -1 to all non-aggressive social pools

Last edited by HereticalDruid on Jul 21st, 2008 at 07:07 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 06:59 AM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

I think I got it right. Also I have my background.

Azarl Kaal, Heretic

Azarl Kaal hails from a forgotten world in the Outer Rim where civilization bloomed in the wake of a Sith slaver ship crashing thousands of years ago. Despite their predicament, the survivors formed a knowledgeable civilization, if not technologically advanced. As a young boy, Kaal discovered that he naturally possessed strange powers, similar to those of the mythical Sith Lords of his people’s history. The shaman, an ancestor of the Sith of whom Azarl was a bastard son, sensed his abilities and volunteered the train the boy, though he held Azarl back as not to be overshadowed and left the boy thinking that the powers were godlike magic, not the Force.

Upon reaching manhood, Azarl decided to infiltrate the ancient crash site of the Sith vessel that had carried his forefathers in order to seek out answers that the shaman would not give. Though this visit provided no answers, he discovered a powerful weapon known as the lightwhip. His people had utilized flexible whip-like blades for hunting and warfare, and so he was able to train in the arts of the deadly artifact. Unable to find information about his powers, Kaal developed personal theories that his power grew from within, depending on his emotions and his willpower to fill his being. Eventually his views began to corrupt him and his morals slacked in favor of power. He abandoned the shaman’s teachings in favor of his own personal development.

After several years of honing his powers, Kaal revealed himself as a prophet and ordained messenger for the gods of his people. In response to his display of so-called magic, Kaal was elevated to the position of a religious leader, above the secretive religious jargon of the shaman, preaching his message. The shaman tried to retaliate, but Azarl swiftly killed the elderly man using a Sith assassin droid he had found in the wrecked vessel. Unfortunately, Azarl’s influence over his people was short-lived; he was largely ignored when he predicted a natural disaster, and then blamed as summoning it when it occurred. Unsatisfied with no longer being hailed as a godsend, he activated an emergency beacon on the Sith vessel which lured the Headhunter Slavers into the area and captured or killed the rest of his people. Azarl left to preach amongst the stars, finding the Cult of Will which was similarly minded in willpower being a source of strength and gathering knowledge, but continued on to find others gifted like himself.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 07:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Jedireaper, what I think you need to do is to look over the Force powers listed in the Rules 2008 thread. Spend one point to get the Force power (the general ability), then spend another point on it to get the Masteries (the specific abilities). Because right now you have Levitate and Mind Trick listed... which aren't abilities as far as the rules are concerned (at least, they go under a different name). Look at the other characters for example.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 21st, 2008 at 08:41 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 08:29 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

HereticalDruid, I think you can have few more Force Powers. Remember that you get all Mastery powers for talking the Power two times, so they all no cost you on individual basis. You have 11 powers and Heretic can have 11+3 basic ones.

Interesting character, by the way!

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 09:07 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote