KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- Character Creation

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2008- Character Creation
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (32): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Meanwhile, get to writing a background!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2010 07:16 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

My second revision of my first attempt to make a character for Ushgarak's system. This is mainly to place all information, including a character biography, in one post for ease of viewing and whatnot.

Aurel Sing, Jedi Swordsman

“This issue can be resolved in many ways. I can assure you that violence is not the best course of action.”

STATS

Strength: 5
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 2
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 2
Perception: 5

Force Rating: 5
Force Attack: 7
Force Defence: 1

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 4
Combat: 4 (Fixed)
Jedi Lore: 1
Leadership: 1
Medicine: 2
Observation: 1
Intimidation: 1

SPECIAL

Born to the Sword- Aurel Sing gets a bonus die to all Lightsabre rolls.

FORCE POWERS

Master Balance
Co-ordination
Intuition
Leaping
Push/Pull
Sense
Master Swiftness

BLADE SCHTICKS

Balanced Guard
Bodyguard
Charge
Cleave
Orthodox Guard

COMBAT SCHTICKS

Dodge and Weave
Feint
Flying Attack
Focused Blow
Impervious
Martial Arts

MERITS

Ties - Jedi Order (Default)
Lucky

Aurel Sing was born in the lower levels of Coruscant. His parents, Beldor Sing and Eris Moonsong, did their best for the young boy, despite their circumstances. Beldor was indebted to the local crime lord, Junipero, forced to borrow credits to tend to Eris during her pregnancy and then the child. Once or twice the new father was close to paying the crime boss off, only to fall victim to an inopportune mugging. The couple often said they'd given all their luck to Aurel when he was born. It should have come to no surprise, then, when Aurel was brought home one day by a Jedi.

After the expected moment of fear and worry, Beldor and Eris were informed of how the Jedi had seen Aurel manage to escape from his less than friendly peers and avoid detection in some rather ingenious ways. The Jedi, who introduced himself as Lor-An Relm felt the Force was strong with Aurel, and so disbanded the mini-mob and sent the children home to their parents. Aurel came out of hiding once the last child was gone, and Lor-An realized that the boy had not been hiding out of fear, but to simply avoid unnecessary conflict. This impressed him, and with the boy's potential, he felt that a proper training by the Jedi was in order. Beldor and Eris knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for Aurel; so with tears in his eyes, Aurel left his home to enter the Jedi Temple with Lor-An Relm.

His early training progressed nominally, discovering that his "gut" feelings were really his connection to the Force. When not overwhelmed with exhaustion, Aurel would traverse the archives, scanning over datapads in search of subjects that piqued his interest. He found mild satisfaction with the extensive medical procedures and other healing lore. Then came the day the younglings were given their first training sabers; the boy had found his calling. He then devoted all his attention, including his development in the Force, towards swordsmanship, with one exception. He vowed that lest he be in a time and place where his lightsaber would be necessary, he would hold no other weapon. So Aurel Sing took greater pride in his physical training, and through it became adept at confronting opponents unarmed.

He spent what little time not devoted to the saber or the fist poring through the archives, absorbing the recounts of past Jedi and the history of the lightsaber itself. Through these studies and the memory of lessons taught to him by his parents, Aurel developed his own personal mantra that began to color his actions with a saber. The lightsaber was a power weapon of destruction, but it could also be used as a beacon of defense.

He, Aurel Sing, would do everything in his power to defend those he could, and let no being stand in his way, lest they be stuck down for their own folly to the vision of light and the sound of a hum....

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 08:02 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InfernoJG95
darth inferno

Josef Gibson
Jedi Padawan
Master: Serif Katoa
droid: R4-D17
jedi starfighter
and freighter named the rancors claw.

STATS

Strength: 4
Agility: 4
Dexterity: 5
Defence: 2

Charisma: 3
Perception: 4

Force Rating: 5
Force Attack: 5
Force Defence: 2

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 4

Combat: 4

Guns: 2
Languages: 3
Savoir-Faire: 3
Medicine: 2
Observation: 2
Fix-it: 3
FORCE POWERS: Push/Pull, Sense, Intuition, swiftness, presence

BLADE SCHTICKS: block, cleave, reflection,

COMBAT SCHTICKS: unbreakable, dodge and weave, sidestep, counterstrike, , martial artist

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 12:56 PM
InfernoJG95 is currently offline Click here to Send InfernoJG95 a Private Message Find more posts by InfernoJG95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hello new person.

What template did you use? You've got quite a few things that don't quite add up in every category.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 03:39 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Also used old schticks! Weird!

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 06:07 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

After looking around, I think I want to play a Seeker or a Ronin. I can't decide.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 08:10 AM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

If it helps the Renegades currently have no Seeker, but one Pilot based Ronin.

Hi! I play Wentar Reiua, Renegade pilot and negotiator. big grin Welcome!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 08:17 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Hey thanks for the welcome man.

I think I will do a Seeker. My Ronin idea was cowboyish gunslinger but I like the concept I have for a Seeker. Smart guy but kind of space casey and mystical. Not a bookworm like Jelena or Jovan I think?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 08:27 AM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

It's up to you! It's your character play him however you want... Within reason. stick out tongue No need for a blood hungry Jedi.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 08:39 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beeblebrox

Hey everybody. My good buddy is a regular here and sold me on trying some rping out. Hope this template is up to scratch, let me know if there are any problems.

Name: Jonn Thrane Daisuke
Renegade Ronin

Bio_
Born to middle class parents on Alderaan. Father was Alderaanian and worked in the Alderaan Core of engineers as a lead technician (maintenance, refurbishing, modification). Mother was daughter of drifters, lived on Ando, Algara II, and finally Alderaan. Developed a deep love of alien cultures--sang me alien nursery rhymes--in her travels growing up and instilled that in her son. Spent nearly every waking hour until being selected for the jedi academy in a hangar, gave me a love for starships that I could never shake. Growing up in the academy I didn't really gel with the other learners. I had a few close friends that shared my ideals, and interests, but was never really”popular” with the vast majority of the students. I largely went under the radar. I excelled at single combat and my love for starships only expanded at the academy. Eventually the corrupt nature of the galactic senate and the complacency of the jedi order led me to leave the order in my teens. After leaving the academy I begged, borrowed, stowed away, and mind tricked my way back to Alderaan looking for my parents. Upon my arrival I found that my father had died in a starship repair accident, and my mother was living very meagerly. Got a very rewarding job (morally, not financially) with the Alderaan Security Detail chasing down slavers and pirates in the region. This allowed my to support my mother and fight evil that fell under the gaze of galactic oversight. Eventually the passing of my mother and dissatisfaction with the beauracracy of the ASD led me to secure a honorable discharge. After that I bought a dis repaired Davaab Class star fighter, fixed it up, and set off to parts unknown.

STATS

Strength: 3
Dexterity: 5

Intelligence: 5

Force Rating: 7

SKILLS

Lightsabre: Take the highest of Strength, Agility and Dexterity away from 9. This is your Lightsabre score.

Combat: 2 (Fixed)

Savoir-Faire: 2
Languages: 2
Survival: 2
Intimidate: 1
Medicine: 1
Fix-it: 4
Jedi Lore: 1
Observation: 2

SPECIAL:_Life amongst the Stars: A Ronin chooses one of the following skill/schtick packages

B. Wandering Ace: Pilot 4
Favourite Ride
Ruthless Hunter
Tactial Awareness

FORCE POWERS: Push/Pull, Sense, Intuition;
Swiftness-Mastery
Lifting-Mastery
Coordination Mastery
Inner Calm
Tranquility

BLADE SCHTICKS: 4
Forward Guard
Focused guard
Cleave
Reflection

COMBAT SCHTICKS: 3
Whirling Strike
Duck
Feint

Renegades have an extra Merit but have no authority as a Jedi
Starship
I like the Davaab-type if you all accept KOTOR era ships
Ties (Contacts x3)
Alderaan Security Detail Anti Slavery and Piracy Division (ASAP)

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 08:02 AM
beeblebrox is currently offline Click here to Send beeblebrox a Private Message Find more posts by beeblebrox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

... I was waiting for the normal community oversight on a new member! Especially Xeth, who always vets potential Renegade recruits.

From a quick look over: generally good! KOTOR era ships- nothing against them per se, but even in Star Wars fashions and names change over thousands of years, even if the tech is more steady.

I think your social stats are too high (they should total 16) and Ties take up three of your merit slots, so you are over-merited.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2011 07:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Oh! A new Renegade! Dunno how I missed this. Welcome aboard!

Come to think of it he reminds me of Wentar, Wandering Ace Ronin from Alderaan. stick out tongue

Wait, how is he over merited? Ties takes three, starship takes one and he's a Renegade so he get the extra merit bonus. So 4 should be fine.

Yeah, if I use my Ronin as an example one of his mental stats should be a 4 instead of 5.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:04 AM
beeblebrox

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome.

My mistake on the mental stats, I'll just take one off charisma to equal 16:

Charisma: 2

Should I consider the jury still out on the Merits? If I need to I'll just go to contacts x2.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:29 AM
beeblebrox is currently offline Click here to Send beeblebrox a Private Message Find more posts by beeblebrox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I'm pretty certain Ties and Starship together on a Renegade is fine, we get 4 merits total.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Not much of a people person, that Jonn Daisuke. stick out tongue

Also, issue with the Force powers. You've got Lifting Mastered, but not Push/Pull. You'll want to do Push first, then get Lifting later with xp, perhaps.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 12:39 AM
beeblebrox

Ok,
I'll do:
I'll hold on to Ties
and master push/pull, dropping mastered lift.
Any ideas when the next join point for the main campaign will be?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 02:39 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, I mis-read your Merits; what you had is fine.

Next opportunity is when the Jedi leave their current world, which is not THAT far off.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 21st, 2011 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2011 10:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Welcome aboard, Jonn! Can't wait to have you in the game.

Yay more Renegades!

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 07:05 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A conversion here for a potential new player...

-

IFFA NA'WORRU (Athlete)

STATS

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 4

Willpower: 4 (+1)
Charisma: 4

Force Rating: 6

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 8

Combat: 3
Guns: 3

Jedi Lore: 2
Pilot: 2
Sabotage: 2
Intrusion: 2
Languages: 2
Savoir-Faire: 2

SPECIAL: Gifted Acrobat- An Athlete gets two extra dice when making any form of acrobatic roll (that is NOT an attack)

MERITS:
Mentor (Kit Fisto)
Contacts (Jedi Archive)
Higher Purpose

FORCE POWERS:

Push/Pull

Master Leaping

Swiftness
Co-ordination
Balance

Master Sense
Presence

Intuition

BLADE SCHTICKS:
Balanced Guard
Cleave

GUN SCHTICKS:
Carnival of Carnage
Eye of the Storm

COMBAT SCHTICKS:
Dodge and Weave
Flying Attack
Street Fighting
Martial Arts

-

That's as close a match as I could get, Mithlond, and it leaves you 14 xp to spend as you like.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 02:41 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yay, A Jedi!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2011 04:12 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote