KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Off Topic Circle Jerk

Off Topic Circle Jerk
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1316): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

You mean it was an entirely unexpected muchly prophesised arrival...?

Palpatine would be like "And....?" in response to those factors...
He got his promotion, and got all his board pieces moving. Win.
In fact he then celebrated by ordering a clone army for his next move in ten years.

Lighting doesnt do that to people,
And Faces still dont melt.

Except for that guy Emil in Robocop.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 01:08 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shit that was gross

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 01:11 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Prophesied that SOMEWHERE down the line some random kid would be the chosen one. Complete and utter luck on his part that Anakin showed up when he did, and again, had the ****ed up child-hood that he had which made him a douche.

If Anakin had been a complete light-sider, or had simply not existed, then there's a good, no, great chance the CIS would have won the war and the Republic would be in the shit. If he had tried to sack the Jedi Temple using only clones he would have lost countless more forces, he wouldn't have had an uber body guard to protect him from the multiple jedi who try to kill him throughout the years, etc.

If the Jedi weren't blinded by their own greed like they were the time of the PT, they would have realized Sideous' true persona and killed him. QED for him.

And didn't that guy in Robocop end up getting hit by a car too? God, that sucks.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 01:13 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Fair points regarding the prophecy....
But anyways Palpatine was clearly manipulating the whole way through the prequels.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 01:27 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Nope I was definitely remember you saying that all Jedi were as accurate with a lightsabre as Anakin,

That's not true. You're either lying on purpose or you have a bad memory. (I think you're just taking it out of context. I've definitely cleared it up since then, though, so there's no reason for you to take it out of context now.)

You posted this:

Are they gonna WANNA remove webbing from their eyes ears nose etc with a lightsbare...? Could be a bit dodgy.

So I replied with this:

Originally posted by dadudemon
Watch the beginning of Ep. III when Anakin frees Palpatine form his shackles. Anakin also VERY precisely killed that poisonous centipede things from off of Amadala's bed without even saber toasting the blanket.

Yes, THAT precise. no expression

So you replied with this:

That was the one with the highest midichlorean count.

I'd like to see how much face a lesser Jedi would leave her with.

And I settled it with this:

laughing

That's par for any jedi knight, though.

Now, you either had problems following our conversation or you are purposefully twisting my words to tear down my credibility in the discussion (by painting me as a fanboy or a lunatic.) I suspect that it's both.

It's quite clear that I indicated that cutting the centipedes off of Padme without cutting her would have been par for the course for any Jedi Knight. (At the time, I said "Jedi Knight" on purpose as to not come off as trying to claim that even padawans and younglings were as skilled in using a saver as Anakin. I chose carefully as very few Padawans were as talented as Anakin when he was a Padawan. Now, if you want to continue to believe that any Jedi Knight can't move their blade in two movements, just enough to cut two giant very giant centipedes in half, I'll direct you to any blastet bolt deflected with a light saber in the OT or PT. Surely deflecting a blaster bolt that's less than a millimeter thick is more difficult to do than cutting two 1-3 inch tall, 3-5 inch wide, and 3 foot long centipedes? I mean, really...where is the more precision required to execute? Which one has a lower margin of error before shit hits the fan?)

If you had problems understanding what I meant, the following post should have definitely cleared things up for you:

Yup. Pretty much. no expression (I was saying "yup" to the snipping of the centipede thingies off of Padme...not that they are all as good Anakin. That's stupid.)

and you asserted that Maces CW feats counted in the discussion at hand.

I've asked you on multiple occasions to cite your "source" for that. Since you and I both know it doesn't exist, stop accusing me of things I didn't say. At the very least, quote me.

And, in case you wanted to try and take things out of context, this should have stopped all your comments about using EU feats for Mace.

My point is NOT to show that the EU SHOULD be used, it is to show how closely together they were tied in for Episode III. You wanted to know where force crush was used, so I indicated where it was used on Grevious and Grevious shows signs of that damage in Episode III. Since episode III is cannon, and GL and Tartakovsky made a collaborative effort to INCLUDE that in Chapter 25 and continue it in Episode III, what happened to Grevious would have to be semi-cannon, at the least. That was my only point. I do NOT want to continue to talk about something that was an aside that was only intended as an FYI.

Edit-
Now, for the sake of the debate, Force Crush is cannon. I said it is, and that is final. Imp can make a ruling on that if he'd like. However, only one person can use it and that is Mace. Since Mace would make hamburger meat of Spiderman anyway, there's no need to give him one of his signature powers. If others would like to use force crush as an example, I would say that it fails to be an example of any power except for Mace's.

Double edit- I hope you know that I wasn't serous about it being cannon. no expression However, one cannot be without the other. If Imp wants to allow Mace his force crush, that's fine, but I still think it doesn't belong in here.

That very last part is the clincher. You're continuing to literally lie about my posts.

The motive that you assert is not depicted on screen in unambiguous way.

Yes it is.

This is your own erroneous interpretation of the events that happened. It's simply not the case. Mace had the entire duel under control.

I say EU is wrong and bullshit.

What a sweeping and obviously wrong conclusion.

You indulge it all the way and think it has any bearing on what is or isnt in film canon.

No. no expression

I don't know how many times you're going to lie about things I have said. I kindly ask you to stop lying about things I've posted.

Here's your contradictory evidence, and all in context, too.

You can't use the EU material as canon,

Only a EU Mace Windu would be a good match of Spiderman, H2H and Mace only. That's not forum canon, so it doesn't count, as I've already pointed out.

I'm only referring to Mace Windu's use of force Crush. Not necessary to the discussion because I don't think it's applicable enough to be canon. However, Vader can use it, no problem, on a much grander scale then Mace. no expression

I'm sure you'd like me to point out that it is really an EU power and it is very very hard to use and, therefore, no one can use it except Vader.

And here's how the force crush "debate" started.

Mace Windu. Mace Windu used force crush on Grievous as he was making an escape.

Despite people wanting to cling to the Movies as being the only cannon, sometimes you really do have to include some "EU" stuff as cannon. However, in this VS. forum, only the movies can be used. I just thought that your point was rather good and wanted to point out that it WAS done.

Quite clearly, my intentions were the movies because of the settings in this forum. I just mentioned it as an aside because Robtard DID bring up an excellent point: someone really did reach out and use force crush on Grievous.

I dont call you wrong for it. Sorry if it angers you to not have someone see something the way you do, but hey, what else is the internet for...

True, true. However, your seeing it incorrectly doesn't anger me, though.

Last edited by dadudemon on Feb 12th, 2009 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:22 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:38 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo XIII
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well done, dadudemon.

Someone once taught me that the world only makes sense when you force it to.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 09:11 PM
Sorgo XIII is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo XIII a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo XIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Forum Ninja
Well done, dadudemon.

laughing

Dude, they are going to think that you're me.
But, thanks.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 10:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Captain Rex
In any case, you just bashed me, dadudemon, so the warning stands.

Please do explain how this post is bashing you:

You have no clue what the **** is going on. I can't believe how oblivious you are to what is going on these forums. You've been trolled, majorly, by someone using the report button. Why don't you take the time to investigate...you might find interesting things.

That post was NOT an insult to Robard. Ever hear of a parody?

If you can show me how this was bashing, I'll apologize. You deserve and apology if it is rightfully due.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 03:43 AM
NemeBro

You didn't bash him. But since he's t3h moderator, you are by default a piece of scum on this forum for disagreeing with him.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 10:22 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

So, who here thinks they have a good opponent to handle GORT, either '51 or '09 version? smile

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 02:07 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Silver Surfer. yes

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 02:17 AM
Eminence is currently offline Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

This could be my inner SS fanboy speaking, but I think Surfer could handle Gort rather easily. erm

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 02:20 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Rooaarr...so few versus threads that interest me sad

Old Post May 1st, 2009 06:35 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Just read your gone with the wind style length post and really cant be bothered to respond to it, Dadudemon.

Suffice to say you really need to get out more. stick out tongue

Old Post May 1st, 2009 06:43 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing

Dude, they are going to think that you're me.
But, thanks.

True, that. stick out tongue

All that was there was a just a great big diatribe presented purely from your pov. Nothing to get smug about or to deserve praise for, really, imo.

Sorry btw to have to respond to that like that, but I didn't see it til just then.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on May 1st, 2009 at 06:48 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2009 06:46 PM
retturnnerr
Admiral of the Wet Fleet

Well then, let's have Godzilla fight the Juggernaut. WHo wins?
Godzilla is over 200 feet tall, probably more than 400 feet long and has awesome atomic-breath powers and all that. Juggernaut can create a powerful forcefield with his helmet that can smash through almost anything. Description:

Godzilla was smashing the heck out of Tokyo. He destroyed it completely then swam to the U.S. The U.S. army tries to stop him but it seems nothing hurts him so Juggernaut says "Hey Greenie, NOTHING CAN STOP THE JUGGERNAUT!!!" then Godzilla is angered and starts trying to step on the marvel character. Who wins.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:23 PM
retturnnerr is currently offline Click here to Send retturnnerr a Private Message Find more posts by retturnnerr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Movie feats only, Argyle.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by Final Blaxican

If Anakin had been a complete light-sider, or had simply not existed, then there's a good, no, great chance the CIS would have won the war and the Republic would be in the shit.

I have no idea what the talk is about. But if Anakin had been a complete light-sider, he would not have sliced Mace Windu. That said, Palps would've been killed and the Jedi would have had drinks on the house.

Theres a big chance I'm being totally irrelevant. But I still rule ok.

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:42 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Ok Godzilla vs Juggs

Juggs is unstoppable once he gains momentum. So he can really just run through and break Zilla's foot. He can run through Zilla's head after that.

Man I was just thinking, if Jugg's power is really being unstoppable after gaining momentum, then if he jumped from a building, he should fall through the Earth right?

Old Post May 4th, 2009 03:45 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote