KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How did Superman learn English?

How did Superman learn English?
Started by: Endrict Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Re: How did Superman learn English?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
It seems to me that he just landed and he already knew it some how....

Or did his Earth parents teach him?

I'm gonna say Ma and Pa Kent taught toddler Supes how to speak Enlgish? smile

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 12:35 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Im pretty sure John and Martha spoke fluent English.

To the point about other aliens knowing the language... they are higher life forms :P

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 10:45 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Originally posted by marwash22
Im pretty sure John and Martha spoke fluent English.

To the point about other aliens knowing the language... they are higher life forms :P
Did you read the thread? If you were sent to another planet as a baby you would be speaking there alien language and you would have learned the same way you learned English. What is so hard to understand?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 10:56 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Redwolf

According the the well known orgins of Superman, he arrived on earth as an infant and was raised by the Kents....who spoke English. That and he went to school. He learned English the same way you did.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 04:55 PM
Redwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Redwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Redwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brak Dayton

Clark Kent's first language is English. What else could it be if he had absolutely no exposure to anything else.

Unless they've wiped this out of continuity he learnt Kryptonian from the Eradicator given to him by the Cleric. The Eradicator built the fortress and eventually became a humanoid Superman itself.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2008 11:37 PM
Brak Dayton is currently offline Click here to Send Brak Dayton a Private Message Find more posts by Brak Dayton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by razor4life
Don't you guys know everybody speaks english in comic book universe. Every alien somehow knows english. I guess it would be too far a stretch for people to make stories where aliens didn't know our language. Personally I believe it would be more believable if aliens didn't know our language and conflicts stemmed from things that are lost in translation.

Superman is believable though because he was raised on earth and his intake of knowledge was in english. Then again though from what we've been shown kryptonians somehow already spoke english (sigh). In this approaches defence though it would make stories hard to piece together if you had no idea what the other party was saying. Then again though I could see someone like Reed creating a babble fish type instrument.

apart from that comment... this thread is retarded

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 04:48 AM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Didn't think about this question very hard did you?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 04:52 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by KingD19
Didn't think about this question very hard did you?

ok how bout this one,, how did the cats and dogs in the actual movie cats and dogs learn how to speak english??

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 05:59 AM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It was a movie, and they didn't learn english, they spoke in their native dog and cat languages, they just made it english so we could understand them. After all, the movie would have been boring as hell and just as confusing if the main characters were just going bark, meow, purr, woof, the whole time.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 08:48 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by The Nuul

This

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 24th, 2009 11:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Well, in movie-verse they send him off as a days-old baby. I really doubt he could speak Kryptonian at that point. The the journey to earth took three years [?] and his father's voice was in the little egg package, so by the time he crashed he looked like a toddler and knew English as well as a human toddler did.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 10:55 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

It's the obvious thing to say he learnt it from his kent family, but he's super intelligent under earths sun rays. He might have picked it up from hearing people speak

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 11:55 AM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
He might have picked it up from hearing people speak

Thats how all babies learn english.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 02:56 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

no expression

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 05:04 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I don't see why it's such a big deal about whether or not aliens should speak English too. In a lot of series, beings from different planets or universe speaks Earth languages (either English or Japanese).

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 09:21 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lynda74
Restricted

Account Restricted

I do not know that where supermen learned the english but you can learn english from australianhelp.com review which is one the best website available to compare with other one also you can deal with more as its rating is original and many students take help from the same to get assignment done on time anyway.

Last edited by Lynda74 on Oct 15th, 2020 at 08:40 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2020 08:38 AM
Lynda74 is currently offline Click here to Send Lynda74 a Private Message Find more posts by Lynda74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote