KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Luke walks on Lava

Luke walks on Lava
Started by: Darth Exodus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

And Yoda said the size doesn't matter. You just have to think you can... and you pretty much can, which is the point, Your abilities are only as limited as your imagination and your willpower is.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

I dont believe yoda was being completely honest with Luke. He had to inspire the guy, and that sometimes means telling half truths. Of course size matter (hehe, thats what she said!!!) because if it didn't, the empire would have no need for the death star. Vader or sidious would be able to throw planets into stars and crush Mon Calamari cruisers with utter ease.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unless they didn't think they could. wink Vader himself did state that the Death Star was pathetic compared to the power of the force.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Yeah, I've never bought into the whole "size matters not" crap. Taken literally, movng a planet's orbit by one's self should be a breeze.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the Matrix you can actually do almost whatever yo want, even reverse death. And yet... not everyone can do what Neo and Smith do, and even they don't run around blowing up cities and stuff, even though theretically they can.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:36 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I like there to be a limit. Power... unlimited power!... is to me just a means for authors and writers who want money/fame for composing a SW piece, to capitilize. And frankly, letting them do so is ruining the series, and making it boring.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I personally feel that a limit shouldn't be capped on an energy soruce that has been stated before to be virtually limitless. The only limit I agree with is the one that's already there, the person who is wielding the energy source.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:46 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
The idea of the force being a subtle ally is in itself a ridiculous concept anyway, imo.

so you wouldn't consider the jedi mindtrick to be subtle?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:47 PM
Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't understand yoru point.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:47 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
I personally feel that a limit shouldn't be capped on an energy soruce that has been stated before to be virtually limitless. The only limit I agree with is the one that's already there, the person who is wielding the energy source.
I'd be fine with that, if they established a better personal limit for people such as Luke. Once he hit the magnitude that he has, he should pull a Buddha and transcend into the Force itself.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 07:55 PM
Null ARC Avis
The best, the elite.

What did luke do that was so amazing? Moved a dovin Bassel? So what? That doesn't make him the reincarnation of Jesus x 100000000.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Null ARC Avis a Private Message Find more posts by Null ARC Avis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Luke has made entire planets invisible, created illusions of whole fleets, manipulated black holes, etc.

And I agree with you, TG. The things that some people have done is ridiculous.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 08:12 PM
NemeBro

He's Luke fvcking Skywalker. He can do whatever he wants.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:28 PM
Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Dorsk 88's feat was probably the most impressive TK feat in all of star wars, and it killed him. He moved an ENTER FLEET (i think it was something like 185 Star Destroyers, don't quote me) OUT OF SOLAR SYSTEM, and disabled all of their hyperdrives all at once. That is far more impressive than any other single feat of TK... EVER. anybody have a TK feat that tops it?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:29 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

That's pretty cool, but he was also being powered-up by the other trainee's.

Nihilus' feat comes to mind, he pulled his flagship and fleet up off of Malachor with TK.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:46 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Advent
That's pretty cool, but he was also being powered-up by the other trainee's.

Nihilus' feat comes to mind, he pulled his flagship and fleet up off of Malachor with TK.

Sadly, some people in this forum refuse to acknowledge that...I think that's because it wouldn't make Palpatine look as good, and they'd have to stop masturbating to their Dark Empire copies.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

it doesn't say he pulled the fleet... but we could go round and round about that. to be honest, it doesn't say he uses the force to do any such thing. It says he pulled his flagship out of a gravity well. Coulda done it another ship, and if we use Occum's Razor, then we should assume he did, because attributing a force feat for himself on that scale is assuming a lot. (but don't use Occum's Razor, because it annoys me, and often leads to false conclusions....) So lets say he did. Yes, impressive. (the fleet i'll not concede.) But Dorsk moves a fleet out of a solar system. More impressive. YEs, he's channeling others, and it kills him. So my whole point was, which i forgot to make, when i started wondering if there was a more impressive TK... was that it obviously does matter the size of the object. Dorsk reached his absolute limit on how much of the force he could use, and it killed him. He couldn't have moved more, or further, if he had wanted to. So "size matters not" is true in a way, but i think each user has their absolute capacity of the amount of the force they can channel.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 05:02 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Advent
Just Leaving

I see your point. The whole "size matters not" was his whole reasoning for doing it, right? The feat itself I'd say is probably the best showing we've seen; even if he was powered-up.

As for Nihilus, the funny thing is, I was going to use Occam's razor. But we'll let that slide and ask: since Nihilus was trapped on Malachor, what could he have used to lift the Ravager into orbit? Whatever it was, it had to be done on the ground. I don't see any way for him to actually achieve his goal other than using the Force. What type of ship/machine could do that? This is confirmed by Tobin ("that is a measure of his power"), who isn't a liar and even goes so far as to explain a shitload of things in truth (he calls Kreia out on lying, knows intimate details about Nihilus' hunger, etc.)

As for his fleet, there's an interesting quote that comes from Canderous Ordo/Mandalore: "This ship is from Malachor. This Sith Lord bolsters his fleet with ships from that world...", then calls him a scavenger.

This important because it is before Tobin says a word about lifting his fleet. We know that Canderous was at the Battle of Malachor V and he identifies the Ravager and apparently other ships. So this supports Tobin's dialogue and I'd say there's no convincing evidence to the contrary.

Originally posted by Enyalus
Sadly, some people in this forum refuse to acknowledge that...I think that's because it wouldn't make Palpatine look as good, and they'd have to stop masturbating to their Dark Empire copies.

True enough. Your post in Gideon's thread was great, btw. Very well-thought out, nicely done on that. I never even thought about Byss enhancing Sidious before.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." - Sagacious Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Last edited by Advent on Sep 14th, 2008 at 05:26 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 05:21 AM
Click here to Send Advent a Private Message Find more posts by Advent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

I'm bookmarking this for the next time Ivalice claims there isn't any evidence to support Nihilus using the Force to move the Ravager.

Thanks for the knowledge, Advent. And the compliment.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 05:26 AM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Enyalus is moving up. thumb up

You do me proud.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote