KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fifa 09

Fifa 09
Started by: Phat J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phat J

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Magee
No surprise considering this forum is mainly american. Why would you call a game where you mostly use your hands football and it's basically a girls version of rugby considering they wear padding and even helmets, lol helmets.

its called football because its a incarnation of football which back in the day had a couple different forms (rugby and football), it just went in more of a rugby direction and then eventually changed into a completely different game and some 30 years after football was being played professionally in england you had the american form being played there. they just didnt change the name along with the sport.

its a shit game though, start, pass the ball, get tackled, whistle. start, pass the ball, get tackled, whistle. theres no creativity or flow, theres just set plays and boring stop start action. i really dont see the appeal.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2008 09:38 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can say that for any sport, really. I don't see the appeal in basketball, and I don't see the appeal in Baseball or Soccer, yet the former is our official National sport, and the latter is world-famous. *shrug*

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 12:31 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Phat J
give it a chance, i felt the same way believe me. they completely recreated the game engine in 07, polished it up in 08 and in 09 its going to be even better. try the demo, you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you play football/soccer games and dont play or at least try fifa.

fifa has every other license in football so im not too worried. they have everything from the j-league, the a-league to the russian league and the austrian league, plus all the divisions in the respective leagues. they have 4 divisions of the EPL dude, PES has 2 licensed EPL teams.

I often play FIFA with my friends. I know it has gotten a lot better. And because PES 6 and 2008 weren't that good, FIFA has been catching up on them, but I truly believe that PES 2009 is going to restore PES' former glory. So I'm still spending my money on PES this year.

I think they have all EPL teams as well for this year. Or at least more than usual, I've seen screens of the offical Man Utd, LFC and Chelsea kit. Besides, I'm never going to play with J-League or Australian teams. The lack of 2nd ( or 3rd, 4th etc.) division teams does bother me at times, though.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 07:19 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

thats cool, its your time and money. if it does suck again this year you should definitely give fifa a chance.

its fun to play with random teams, i get sick of man utd v barca pretty quick. they only have 2 english teams, man utds one of them, i dont know the other, chelsea i think. its on their website.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 07:34 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

thats cool, its your time and money. if it does suck again this year you should definitely give fifa a chance.

its fun to play with random teams, i get sick of man utd v barca pretty quick. they only have 2 english teams, man utds one of them, i dont know the other, chelsea i think. its on their website.

Actually, from what I've been reading lately I think I might actually be leaning towards buying FIFA this year. According to several sources PES has gotten a lot slower this year. So if FIFA has gotten a bit on level with PES in pace, I'll probably get FIFA.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 11:50 AM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

Originally posted by Slay
Actually, from what I've been reading lately I think I might actually be leaning towards buying FIFA this year. According to several sources PES has gotten a lot slower this year. So if FIFA has gotten a bit on level with PES in pace, I'll probably get FIFA.

well whatever you end up doing, i know what ill be doing. playing a crazy game of fifa with 19 other people in one game.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 06:16 PM
Phat J

its liverpool and man utd.

the demo is way quicker than it was last year. theres a lot more quick balls you can play. players seem to make more intelligent runs into space as well.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 11:37 PM
Magee

Can't wait for fifa 09 been playing the demo constantly even the practice bit is fun as hell.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 02:40 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

How long can you play a carreer this year? Because I remember you could only play for 5 years, which I reckon thye have fixed by now, just making sure.

Also, will the Be A Pro-mode be longer than one season this year, and how long will it be? I've searched for it on the net but I can't really get a clear answer.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 02:51 PM
Phat J

you can probably play a career through, they went all out this year. i played the pro evo demo and its terrible, its kind of embarrassing actually.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2008 10:20 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

you can probably play a career through, they went all out this year. i played the pro evo demo and its terrible, its kind of embarrassing actually.

I've played the demos for both games. I felt that PES 2009 was better than 2008 though. Still I think I'm going to give FIFA another chance this year...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2008 06:53 PM