KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Is Death Really So Bad?

Is Death Really So Bad?
Started by: Null ARC Avis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
Evolution isn't even real.

If evolution were real I'd have super powers.

But you do have super powers. You can turn oxygen into carbon dioxide by just breathing.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 06:36 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

That's actually something I do for you all, since I am a benevolent evolved being.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 06:57 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
But you do have super powers. You can turn oxygen into carbon dioxide by just breathing.
No I can't, I'm not a wizard.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 08:43 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I've tried, but I can never get a hold of the oxygen. That shit's really fluidy.

Speaking of shit, guess what other transformative power we have!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 10:10 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Perhaps our Evolutionary path hasent gotten there yet. The X-gene just hasent activated stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 09:43 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Ninja are death incarnate and are definitely to be feared, hence, death is bad.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 11:25 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."
- 2 Corinthians 5:8

smile

I know I'm gonna get yelled at for posting this in the "Philosophy" section, but this is what I believe (aka my philosophy) on this subject:

For me, murder is still a crime. You are robbing someone of their life. It's not really our choice who lives and who dies. It's God's choice, ultimately. Not murdering is one of the Ten Commandments given to the Israelites by God. I'd say it's a pretty important issue to Him.

That's not even going into how killing an unsaved person (unfortunately the majority) effectively damns them to hell, which is the WORST thing that can happen to a person. Death isn't peaceful and painless for everyone by any means... Yes, if one is saved, they can look forward to being with God in heaven once they die on earth, but an unsaved person does not have that.

All in all, I'd say murder is a very heinous crime.

Now go head, Scarlet Fox, tell me how wrong I am stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 11:53 PM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Is Death Really So Bad?

No one's complained.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 11:53 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

I have never once said how wrong you are. I mearly countered with my own opinion which happens to be different from your own. Not everyone is christian. Not everyone believes what you do. And unfortunatly many Christians dont realize that America is a Free country and if you live there you can be with what ever religion you want without some group starting a crusade against you.
-CoughJerryFarwellCough-

I believe as well that if you are a bad person in life that you will have to face negative consequences in Death. But when I say Death is not to be feared I mean it, not as in what happens after, but as in the act of Dying itself. It is natural. There is no escaping it so why bother being afraid of it?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 11:58 PM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mindset
No I can't, I'm not a wizard.

What the f**k?

I guess I can understand way.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 12:18 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie1

death hurts my feelings.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 04:59 PM
movie1 is currently offline Click here to Send movie1 a Private Message Find more posts by movie1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote