KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Is there anything Cyclops can't get off his lawn?

Is there anything Cyclops can't get off his lawn?
Started by: Wei Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nighty101

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing

right back atcha

(Magneto, Mistique, and Sabretooth are soooooo screwed)

Old Post May 11th, 2009 01:50 AM
Nighty101 is currently offline Click here to Send Nighty101 a Private Message Find more posts by Nighty101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nighty101

Originally posted by Raoul
prove it.

1. Logan is nearly impossible to kill
2. Scott's blasts cant tear through adimantium
3. Kitty = Phase Kurt = teleport Wolverine = domination Xavier = (not a chance wuld either attack the other but if they did total mind fry) Collosus = eeeeeh maybe ... i'd say that he might beat Rogue = One touch and he's in a coma. And she has pretty much all the powers inside her Beast = wellllll Scott could probably kill beast to its in the brains instead of the fight that beast dominates Jubilee - Jubilee's a litle ***** i'll give scotty that one

but as i just demonstrated over half the X-Men could kick his ass. Kitty could just sit there drinking a pepsi and phase the whole time. Kurt would teleport all over the place either making him dizzy or kurt uses the objects around him (water tower he he he)

Jean grey is a level ****ing 5 mutant no way can he kill her (as we've seen)
Emma will kick his ass (as we know)
he might loose to ice man but ice man is an omega level mutant. If he unleashed his full strength Scott wuld be an ice cube in seconds.

I think its pretty obvious guys -- i no that scott is a fan favorite and all but against alot of his teamates (useless ones like Jubilee and Beast excepted) he loses.

I will give him props for his leadership and all towards the end but at the beginning and middle he was clueless -- and leading his team down hill with him and logan fighting over jean. With those two fighting over jean, jean frustrated, the pheonix, wolverine's weapon X problems, Scott's confusion, and Magneto, and the Brotherhood everything was just crazy. Scott sucked at the beginning but everyone began to respect him after the rough times because he'd pulled them through -- so yay for that but we're not talking about leadership right here now is the time to talk about him vs others. And things aren't lookin too good for him right now sad

Old Post May 11th, 2009 02:00 AM
Nighty101 is currently offline Click here to Send Nighty101 a Private Message Find more posts by Nighty101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Nighty101
3. Kitty = Phase Kurt = teleport Wolverine = domination Xavier = (not a chance wuld either attack the other but if they did total mind fry) Collosus = eeeeeh maybe ... i'd say that he might beat Rogue = One touch and he's in a coma. And she has pretty much all the powers inside her Beast = wellllll Scott could probably kill beast to its in the brains instead of the fight that beast dominates Jubilee - Jubilee's a litle ***** i'll give scotty that one

but as i just demonstrated over half the X-Men could kick his ass. Kitty could just sit there drinking a pepsi and phase the whole time. Kurt would teleport all over the place either making him dizzy or kurt uses the objects around him (water tower he he he)

he might loose to ice man but ice man is an omega level mutant. If he unleashed his full strength Scott wuld be an ice cube in seconds.

I think its pretty obvious guys -- i no that scott is a fan favorite and all but against alot of his teamates (useless ones like Jubilee and Beast excepted) he loses.

I will give him props for his leadership and all towards the end but at the beginning and middle he was clueless -- and leading his team down hill with him and logan fighting over jean. With those two fighting over jean, jean frustrated, the pheonix, wolverine's weapon X problems, Scott's confusion, and Magneto, and the Brotherhood everything was just crazy. Scott sucked at the beginning but everyone began to respect him after the rough times because he'd pulled them through -- so yay for that but we're not talking about leadership right here now is the time to talk about him vs others. And things aren't lookin too good for him right now sad

I see it now Nighty. You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't read comics at all. All you do is watch the cartoons and movies and guage your opinons off of that and come here debating those feats and stuff. You have yet to cite any comic sources to back your claims or anything frankly because you never read them or at least took the time to look up whats going on. You hate Cyclops because you don't understand him. You don't know anything about him, all you know is what you see on tv. All you do is cite movies and cartoons. News Flash Nighty! This is the Comic Book Forum. Everything you say here means nothing and has no credibility to it. Please talk about X-Men in the movie forum. You'll make more sense there. Also there are no level number mutants in the comic world.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 11th, 2009 02:26 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Nighty101

wow. and i thought i'd seen all the irrational cyclops hate one could see in a lifetime.

you surprised me. kudos.

also, lulz @ scott being a fan favourite. i chuckled at that one.

read some comics. it helps.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 11th, 2009 03:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CATMANEXE

----
sorry to burst yours but Apocalypse had a large portion of the power of the Twelve at time (and he still blew it)

[QUOTE]Yeah Nightcrawler ... I can see it now
Kurt: Catch me if you can!
*ports all over lawn*
Cyclops: Get back here you D*** elf!!!!!
*Shoot lasers and burns plant*
Kurt: Neener neener NEEEEEEEEEner!!!!!

lmao

---
that would be funny if Cyclops hadnt tagged him more than once already.

----

----

go read the Cyclops respect thread and try again. Cyclops completly pwnd the X-Men over and over.

"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer."
-Hunter S. Thompson
—"Extreme Behavior in Aspen," February 3, 2003

Old Post May 11th, 2009 05:50 AM
CATMANEXE is currently offline Click here to Send CATMANEXE a Private Message Find more posts by CATMANEXE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by CATMANEXE
sorry to burst yours but Apocalypse had a large portion of the power of the Twelve at time

No. That wasn't until after he accidentally became merged with Scott from what I recall. Either way, that instance in The Twelve saga wasn't the only time Apocalypse shrugged off one of Cyclops's optic blasts, as shown in the other links I posted. He's more than durable enough to take 'em.

Originally posted by CATMANEXE
(and he still blew it)

That wasn't the point. Point is that Scott's optic blasts can't hurt Poccy, except when his power is amped by Phoenix's, like that instance with them on the moon, but it doesn't count since the topic is what Cyclops can't get off his lawn. stick out tongue

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on May 11th, 2009 at 05:49 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2009 05:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Speaking of apocalypse...anyone else wish they went with their cool idea of Apocalypse being the third Summers brother? That would've been awesome!!!

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 11th, 2009 05:49 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Agreed. Although it might've been weird at first, it would've made sense kinda through some explanation. Wish I knew why the idea was ditched. erm

Old Post May 11th, 2009 05:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Agreed. Although it might've been weird at first, it would've made sense kinda through some explanation. Wish I knew why the idea was ditched. erm

Well I was being sarcastic because that was a horrible idea imo. APocalypse is way older than Corsair himself. The only logical thing I could think of is that he fathered him, Apocalypse somehow got sent to the past and everyone believed him to be the first mutant when he actually wasn't seeing as he was originally born way later.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 11th, 2009 05:58 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm just glad it's not gambit...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 11th, 2009 05:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Well I was being sarcastic because that was a horrible idea imo. APocalypse is way older than Corsair himself. The only logical thing I could think of is that he fathered him, Apocalypse somehow got sent to the past and everyone believed him to be the first mutant when he actually wasn't seeing as he was originally born way later.

I didn't think the idea was good per se, but part of me still wanted it to happen just to see how Marvel would make it play out. laughing out loud Just a curiousity thing I suppose.

Anyhow, yeah. That's basically what I was thinkin' as to how it would happen ^^ stick out tongue, but meh. Probably best that it didn't, as I can't see it occurring any other way either..

Old Post May 11th, 2009 06:05 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Raoul
I'm just glad it's not gambit...

You should be proud if they were brothers. Maybe some of that southern charm would rub off of him and people like Nighty would like him.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 11th, 2009 06:08 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You should be proud if they were brothers. Maybe some of that southern charm would rub off of him and people like Nighty would like him.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 11th, 2009 06:13 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post May 11th, 2009 09:00 PM
CATMANEXE

i dont feel like requoting it.
in the Twelve before Apocalypse entered/merged with Cyclops,
he had already absorbed a large part of the power of the Twelve.

Cyclops's blast can force through a mountain, in fact he blasted Colossus through the air and through one.

Apocalypse got knocked back and down by a TK reinforced punch from Stryfe. To believe that a full blast from Scott wont send Apocalypse flying is either silly or having him confused with Juggernauht.

"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer."
-Hunter S. Thompson

Old Post May 13th, 2009 07:42 AM
CATMANEXE is currently offline Click here to Send CATMANEXE a Private Message Find more posts by CATMANEXE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Normally that would provide a valid argument, but Apocalypse was weakened during his encounter with Stryfe (he was still recovering in his Lazarus Chamber when Stryfe confronted him and stabbed him from behind or somethin'. The dying Apocalypse was lucky to have escaped at all before Stryfe was about to finish him off). The result would not have been the same however if Poccy was at full strength.

Also, from X-Force #14. stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

Unless Cyclops's power is amped by Phoenix's, or if Apocalypse is in a weakened state like with Stryfe, Cyclops will not be able to blast him off his lawn.
And no, I'm not saying Apoc has Juggernaut durability, but he's still tough enough to take Scott's blasts without any PIS factors involved.

Old Post May 13th, 2009 02:33 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Women.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 13th, 2009 09:17 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post May 14th, 2009 01:31 AM
Nighty101

Speaking of apocalypse...anyone else wish they went with their cool idea of Apocalypse being the third Summers brother? That would've been awesome!!!

hmm that would've been cool --
--------------
*Xavier holds camera*
Xavier: Family photo say cheese!
*Scott looks at photo of two skeletons, him, apocalypse, and Havoc.*
Scott: Ha ha and I thought NIGHTCRAWLER'S family was bad....
-------------

lmao no but seriously that would be cool to have apocalypse as a summers bro. I mean Im not the biggest fan of Scott (ok so i think he is a total dork all in all) but that would be awesome!! Really good plot twist! And actually I've just been sitting around writing (yes i write but not anything thats published just my own little short stories i make for my friends and i) and he's starting to grow on me. I think he's at about jubilee level now on my favorites list. Hes pretty far down there but growing on me a tad. But nighty still tops it for me big grin

Old Post May 14th, 2009 04:44 AM
CATMANEXE

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Normally that would provide a valid argument, but Apocalypse was weakened during his encounter with Stryfe (he was still recovering in his Lazarus Chamber when Stryfe confronted him and stabbed him from behind or somethin'. The dying Apocalypse was lucky to have escaped at all before Stryfe was about to finish him off). The result would not have been the same however if Poccy was at full strength.

Also, from X-Force #14. stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

Unless Cyclops's power is amped by Phoenix's, or if Apocalypse is in a weakened state like with Stryfe, Cyclops will not be able to blast him off his lawn.
And no, I'm not saying Apoc has Juggernaut durability, but he's still tough enough to take Scott's blasts without any PIS factors involved.

so because he was weakened, that effected his attachment to gravity?
k.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Old Post May 14th, 2009 09:34 AM