KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Conduit

The Conduit
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No encyclopedia is a good source- encyclopedias are not sources, they are references. Find the source. Wikipedia just happens to be less reliable than most, esoecially in areas like gaming. We just had that with the complete false claim in the wiki article that the graphics were to be comparable with the 360, which is nonsense. The term the devlopers used was that they wanted to make it 'competitive'. VERY different. Super Mario Galaxy was competitive, looks wise. No-one would call it comparable to the best 360/PS3 games- but that didn't matter.

I still worry this game is mostly hype. The interface options etc. are good but... it is just the underlying game seems so bland.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 7th, 2009 at 08:27 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 09:22 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/t...-interview?hd=0

This game looks really awesome. A lot like MP3, but so much better, and without the obvious Metroid features.

This is pretty much the Nintendo game we've all been waiting for. Great controls, great gameplay, and for a mature audience.

Best of all, only for Wii.

I can pretty much predict the future. This game is going to spring off a succession of successful mature games with similar awesomeness in terms of gameplay, story, controls etc. will have sequels, and the PS3/360 market will be dead.

Apparently Nintendo is doubting it will be a success for it being more mature than traditional games...**** 'em.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 02:12 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

... again I honestly don't get why a vid like this causes so much excitement. My earlier assessment remains- it just looks so bland. There are so many FPS games out there. Other than the Wii remote, what actually does this game have? What makes it better than, say, a Half-Life game, let alone any of the more recent FPS trump cards? For that matter, MP3 had a lot of stuff in it a that I don't see much here comparing to.

Again, yes, the customisation options are great. ALL Wii games should be this flexible and user friendly, and that is to be massively applauded. But other than that... have we seriously lost so much perspective that simply because it is an FPS ON the Wii people automatically call this great?

Oh, xyz- don't be surprised if it tanks.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 7th, 2009 at 08:41 AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 08:35 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

^
I agree. I watched a couple of trailers and it looks bland.
Nothing new to bring to the table, other than the use of the Wii-mote.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 05:39 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah. If this game were on any of the other current-generation consoles, it wouldn't be getting any attention. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 06:52 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree with most.

Looks like the developers got the controls correct, but the actual gameplay looks kinda of boring.

That preview that was shown had some pretty generic stuff from other games.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 11:34 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

IGN- big backers of the game- have also made a perceptive comment that the vision is ahead of the art- as in, despite the decent tech involved, their art design team hasn't done all they could do with it (in contrats as to what the SMG team did, for example).

Despite all of this and what I have mentioned... I've pre-ordered the game. I suppose it's worth a look and I have no reason to think that I won't play through it. I'm just not as pumped as a lot of people seem to be.

If it surprises me I'll let you know.

BtVS

Old Post May 26th, 2009 02:44 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lord xyz
http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/t...-interview?hd=0

This game looks really awesome. A lot like MP3, but so much better, and without the obvious Metroid features.

This is pretty much the Nintendo game we've all been waiting for. Great controls, great gameplay, and for a mature audience.

Best of all, only for Wii.

I can pretty much predict the future. This game is going to spring off a succession of successful mature games with similar awesomeness in terms of gameplay, story, controls etc. will have sequels, and the PS3/360 market will be dead.

Apparently Nintendo is doubting it will be a success for it being more mature than traditional games...**** 'em.

lol. really?

Old Post May 27th, 2009 12:21 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well the thing that spices up most FPSes is giving each gun multiple functions..

perfect dark was a hit because of how much crap you could do with each weapon... felt like takin that sniper rifle?.. switch to disarm and give that dude a pimp slap.. feel like mowin people down n you aint in the room?.. toss a laptop gun on the cielin'.. goes on and on for quite a large amount of possibilities

Gears of War 'almost' does this.. though I think alot of their guns, when in active reload status, dont have creative enough effects...
an AR on the magnum will let you fire it much faster.. AR on the flamethrower will make it go farther.. but these are kindof typical to me..

Though do not be mistaken.. I hate team fortress 2 so goddamn much.. it ought to be turn-based for how broken it is

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 27th, 2009 10:48 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Perfect Dark was also a hit because it came from the makers of Goldeneye, the most beloved N64 games out there.

And why is TF2 broken?

Old Post May 28th, 2009 12:52 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I have quite a bit of complaints with each class... but its mostly that you can brainlessly win with a handful of characters.. and on the other side of the coin.. you can bust your hump trying with the rest of the cast, just to fall victim to the former.. and then they throw in goofy rpg weapons like "crits 100% from behind" to classes that dont need to crit..

Fire doesnt need to crit.. fire DOESNT crit when its in a stream.. I can see if you get hit with a chunk of rock thats on fire.. but how the hell does a stream of poofed fire crit?.. retarded.. I cant see why people like it so much

Also, "the makers of goldeneye" have produced such "gems" as perfect dark : zero.. and probably some other fail 360 game that I cant place atm

Old Post May 28th, 2009 02:52 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, those guys. Those guys who made Goldeneye went on to make Perfect Dark. Everybody was excited because it was the from the makers of Goldeneye. You see my drift?
At the time, people wanted Perfect Dark because it was the sequel to Goldeneye, but without the Bond franchise.

TF2 is meant to be fun. It's not broken at all. Your just putting realism into. Every class gets crits. One soldier can take out 3-4 people with a crit rocket, while demo can take out the same amount or more with a crit pill. Crit bodyshoots from a sniper can take out most of the classes. Pyro rarely gets crits outside of the Backburner, and Spy has instant crits with backstab.

What's your problem with it? It's meant to be fun and if you want to play a serious game, play non crit TF2. Each class is balanced pretty well also.

Old Post May 28th, 2009 06:48 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yes, those guys. Those guys who made Goldeneye went on to make Perfect Dark. Everybody was excited because it was the from the makers of Goldeneye. You see my drift?
At the time, people wanted Perfect Dark because it was the sequel to Goldeneye, but without the Bond franchise.

TF2 is meant to be fun. It's not broken at all. Your just putting realism into. Every class gets crits. One soldier can take out 3-4 people with a crit rocket, while demo can take out the same amount or more with a crit pill. Crit bodyshoots from a sniper can take out most of the classes. Pyro rarely gets crits outside of the Backburner, and Spy has instant crits with backstab.

What's your problem with it? It's meant to be fun and if you want to play a serious game, play non crit TF2. Each class is balanced pretty well also.
Yes, but after the first fail (Perfect Dark : Zero), I have no excitement when I hear Rare anymore.. also its more of a successor than a sequel.. the bond license held them back, creatively speaking.. Rare is just really lazy now

Its not even just the crits.. pyro doesnt even need to crit.. you get poofed with 1 mouse click and you die.. he goes on to take out the rest of the room with 3 more clicks.. then imagine the nonsense I went through when the entire opposing team were all pyros.. its really annoying, and I cant see how skill is involved at this point of my experience with it

So what does "the conduit" boast.. besides having a Met Prime 3 control scheme?... any kind of char customization, or interesting weapons?..

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on May 28th, 2009 at 08:20 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2009 08:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Calling it a MP3 control scheme is not really doing the effort they have made there justice.

In fact the various interface options it brings (in controls, customisation and even the UI/HUD) is frankly just about all it is bringing.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 29th, 2009 at 09:31 AM

Old Post May 28th, 2009 08:46 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Yes, but after the first fail (Perfect Dark : Zero), I have no excitement when I hear Rare anymore.. also its more of a successor than a sequel.. the bond license held them back, creatively speaking.. Rare is just really lazy now

Its not even just the crits.. pyro doesnt even need to crit.. you get poofed with 1 mouse click and you die.. he goes on to take out the rest of the room with 3 more clicks.. then imagine the nonsense I went through when the entire opposing team were all pyros.. its really annoying, and I cant see how skill is involved at this point of my experience with it

So what does "the conduit" boast.. besides having a Met Prime 3 control scheme?... any kind of char customization, or interesting weapons?..

But that's not really my point. At the time of Perfect Dark release, Rare name was huge thus why Perfect Dark sold alot.

As for TF2, I've got about 130-140 hours in it and I play on a server that has some really good people on it and a bad pyro is a bad pyro. They rarely take over a game and primarily used for ambushes and spy checking.

As for the Conduit, I'll have to see the reviews before I even touch this game. I'm not that exicted. I would be if there was a demo, but well, its Nintendo so no demo.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 01:30 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'm definitely gonna check some vids of it.. few of my friends arent that good at FPS's so I'm sure aiming with the wiimote will feel more natural

but if it winds up being too generic, I can most certainly afford to pass

Especially with KOFXII and Blaz Blue coming very soon

I'm pretty sure rares name alone didnt sell perfect dark.. you could have easily gone to a friends house and seen how awesome the game was.. hell I knew goldeneye was a must-buy because I rented the game like 5 times consecutively

Old Post May 29th, 2009 04:18 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm definitely gonna check some vids of it.. few of my friends arent that good at FPS's so I'm sure aiming with the wiimote will feel more natural

Especially with KOFXII and Blaz Blue coming very soon

I'm pretty sure rares name alone didnt sell perfect dark.. you could have easily gone to a friends house and seen how awesome the game was.. hell I knew goldeneye was a must-buy because I rented the game like 5 times consecutively

Well I wouldn't say the name but when people figure out that it was the same guys who developed Goldeneye, it was a big selling point. I do remember they promoted it as the guys who did Goldeneye.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 05:11 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, it is certainly the vids of it that give me the 'generic' worry.

BtVS

Old Post May 29th, 2009 09:31 AM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well it's almost out, and most people have probably forgot about it.

I admit, I was really excited, it's flexibilty and use of Wiimote and Wiispeak seemed really cool, but no one's talking about it anymore. It's only real appeal is it was the game we all expected in 2006. A sort of Sci-Fi Red Steel done right.

We'll have to see later this month.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 05:08 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

it wont be.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2009 06:42 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote