KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Conduit

The Conduit
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I think it depends though.. a game like perfect dark was 'new' for its time.. a FPS (not RPG/FPS, just flat out FPS) to have a pretty good story, and awesome content to unlock to boot.. great stuff..

I've been looking at vids of this game.. and the multiplayer doesnt even look that great / special... if the single player is as lame as everyone says, but the multiplayer made up for it 10-fold.. I could see being forgiving.. but it looks very copy/paste

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 05:56 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Aww. Was kindda looking forward to this game...but having played and owned the most FPSers on 360 n PS3 this makes the game less appealing. Perfect dark for xbl damn it yeah!

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 01:00 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WO Polaski
people say that because if you try to gauge the game as a single player oriented game its only average and cliche. theres a reason why halo 3 has millions of hours of online gameplay but in the end there are tons of MLG players who havent even beaten the campaign after playing it for years.

Yes, but MLG is completely focused on multiplayer, because that is essentiallly their job. And a series having 6 books based completely on the story shows that it is not as average and cliche` as people say.

And in mamy ways, Halo is known to have set the bar for shooters.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jun 29th, 2009 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 05:32 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Console shooters that is.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 06:35 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lol yeah.. for PC, quite a few shooters have paved the way for what we play today

though strangely as of late Ive been preferring console shooters.. something more inviting about them

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 10:51 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Smasandian
Console shooters that is.

Well... yea...

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol yeah.. for PC, quite a few shooters have paved the way for what we play today

though strangely as of late Ive been preferring console shooters.. something more inviting about them

I, personally, have never really liked PC shooters. Really, the only genre I like on the PC beter than consoles is RTS.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 03:32 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Shooters are key on PC's.

Much better control scheme.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 04:47 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Smasandian
Shooters are key on PC's.

Much better control scheme.

I disagree. I've logged plenty of hours on both and I like a controller better for FPSs....

I prefer the gamecube controller over ALL other controllers. Simply the best controller ever designed.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:31 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Regardless of opinion, mouse and keyboard provide faster and more accurate controls allowing for better play. From any objective point of view, therefore, they are superior.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 1st, 2009 at 10:45 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:41 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.

I'm playing Resistance 2 and I just wish they had a CRTL button on it so I can crouch while having SHIFT to sprint. It's annoying to have one button control two different motions. I want to sprint but cant because I crouched instead.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:44 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Regardless of opinion, mouse and keyboard provide faster and more accurate controls allowing for better play. From any objective point of view, therefore, they are superior.

that doesnt make it superior objectively...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:06 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I've seen people PWN hard @ Q3 with 'only' a keyboard.. no mouse.. and I've also seen people that are insane with an optical trackball

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:09 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

that doesnt make it superior objectively...

It is superior.

There is a reason consoles shooters have auto-aim.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 12:52 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

ive played console shooters without auto-aim (I.E.Turok. that game sucks) and ive never had any problems... so again i dont really see what the problem is. i always thought they put the auto-aim feature into console games because people are bitches.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 10:54 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Wrong.

The Wii-Mote does with motion +

laughing

I would rather play a very resonsive FPS with motion+ than any other form in gaming. Using the nunchuk with the remote is da bomb.

Still, I want a little more out of it, like strafing.

And, no, I still am better with a controller when playing an FPS, than when I use a computer. Fer realz.

Playing an RTS, keyboard and mouse, by FAR!

An action RPG, controller...definite.

MMO, a keyboard and mouse.

KOTR republic and RPGs like it, I'm mixed. KOTR itself, I liked the controller. This one can't be done objectively.

To be literal, I've probably logged more PC gaming hours than console gaming hours. I am using a PC for most of the day, everyday, even on my days off.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 11:14 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

ive played console shooters without auto-aim (I.E.Turok. that game sucks) and ive never had any problems... so again i dont really see what the problem is. i always thought they put the auto-aim feature into console games because people are bitches.

No, they put in auto-aim because the controller is less precise than the mouse. Trying to aim for a head is alot easier on a mouse while aiming for a head on the controller without auto-aim is frustrating.

There might be a few people, and of course one of them is you that can do it well enough to be equal to a mouse but the majority of the time, its much easier with a mouse. And natural.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 02:21 AM