KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New version of DS announced

New version of DS announced
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 10 11 [12]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Z Kai

This is the most relevant thread I found about my question.

I'm wondering if non-scratching stylus pens exist for the DS...because even the official pens from countless posts I've read cause scratches on the screen, not simple removeable streaks...

Already tried a screen protector many times and have become sick of the bad luck I get when applying those things, after following the instructions down to the letter.

If there're no such pens, well then is it true Nintendo intends that the touchscreen get marked by the stylus? Since they did make it more durable than the screen, so sooner or later it will end up marking your screen permanently. If they intended this to happen then I don't blame them.

This is about DS Lite by the way.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 02:31 PM
Z Kai is currently offline Click here to Send Z Kai a Private Message Find more posts by Z Kai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The touchscreen on a DS is already actually designed to take wear (it effectively has a protector built in), so the odd scratch isn't a huge issue. If you are genuinely damaging it to the point where it makes a difference, you must be applying far too much pressure. If they were as fragile as I think you are worried about, Nintendo would have a returns epidemic. Most DSs that have seen use have visibly marked screens but function 100%.

Screen protectors are indeed a pain; I gave up on my DSi. But the one I put on my Lite did me well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 02:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I've never bothered with a screen protector on my DS Lite nor my DSi. I didn't find that they scratched easily enough to bother with it. My phone is another matter, of course stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 03:06 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Z Kai

Yeah I should not have bothered with the DS Lite and PSP screen protectors by Hori (great VG company) I put on today. I mean I wasn't evne planning to take those out. They are my handheld in-house devices only lol.

But when I get an mp3 player I'm taking outside them I'm getting a silicon and protector made for it.

Thanks I also kind of thought the touch screen was designed for the stylus pen. Read that resistive touchscreens have a top coating meant for the stylus's (though I've still read this can affect gameplay as the tip can get caught in the scratched indented lines that are made).

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:28 PM
Z Kai is currently offline Click here to Send Z Kai a Private Message Find more posts by Z Kai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Only if you're pressing way too hard and actually gouging your screen. Minor, light scratches will not have any effect.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 06:03 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Nevermind

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 10:17 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Z Kai

I want to punch whoever invented top protective sheets for these protectors.

Not only are they pointless (they're not gaurding the non-adhesive side for crap; it's already in an sealed slip when you buy them) they're disadvantageous as they can pull your protector right off after you prepared for days or even weeks to put it on as perfectly as you can (lint, anyone?). It's also not always easy to tell if the protector it coming off or not as obviously, it's completely clear. True, were I to go back an entire day I could have prevented it, though like I said, what's top protective sheets for? You only need it on the bottom i.e. the adhesive side.

That's what happened to one of my DS screens, the touch screen though I put it back on but after having to mess around with my DS some more (in ways I didn't intend), and the protector itself doesn't look good as for some reason it can never if you try attempting more the once to put it on, not to mention how it took a crap load of time to clean it off with tape, and how one has to try so hard not to touch the adhesive with your hands or anything for that matter except the tape. Wasted a good 3 hours of my time. **** you Hori, and your stupid 360 Ex Pad 2 that ghosts like hell. You know what's interesting is how they stress in the instructions not to touch the adhesive side with your fingers yet in the their drawing of someone removing lint off a protector with tape, the person is PRESSING the adhesive with their fingertips.

Last edited by Z Kai on Dec 9th, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2010 10:54 PM
Z Kai

What's more upsetting is for someone (me) who would sit for 3 or so hours reading an entire manual were it to take that much time (I do this with everything I own), I sure hella missed that instruction in the screen protector manual (the manual itself was like a total of 15 sentences) to have the index finger pressing down on the center of the screen protector as you're removing the final sheet.

I thought about it and pretty much, my mind 90% was focused on getting the protector there, aligned, with no lint in between. No walk in the park unless you're doing it in a steamed bathroom, which....I don't know if that's a good idea since you shouldn't get any of your electronics moisted up. I however got the protectors on the extra-hard case which was the touch screen on the DS Lite. The screen is an indented depression so it's hard as heck to clear off the lint and corners and edges, but I did it, and if it wasn't then for the stupid "protective" (yeah right) sheets on top, it would be fine. I just didn't seem to realize how big of a step this part was because hey, you got the screen protector on...all you gotta do now is *rip* that top sheet off that's there for absolutely no reason except to annoy you! And of course...to possibly undo all of your hard work putting that on. More like Whorey: come buy cheap ass and nonsensical accessories from us.

Last edited by Z Kai on Dec 10th, 2010 at 08:14 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2010 08:09 AM