KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Bioshock 2

Bioshock 2
Started by: @stroFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General Kaliero
From the screenshots, no, the helmet does not obscure your view.

The left glove has conduits on the palm and fingertips to channel plasmid abilities. The Big Daddy you play as was the prototype, before the ability to use plasmids was engineered out of them.

Well that's awfully convenient. Hhaha.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:26 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
How do you know all this, just curious? You tend to know these little quirks about games and then they turn out true.

You're not magical are you?

Yes, I am magical. If I smoke a rolled up sheet of A4 paper in front of a computer and then pass out, my dreams reveal unto me glimpses of the future.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Can't wait for this game, the Big sisters are looking good, can someone clear up, will Ryan and Fontaines power struggled be revisited in this game?

No, the game's 10 years after the first. Though it's been hinted at that in the new areas of Rapture you'll explore, there will be similar entities. Rapture is simply too big for only two men to have ever tried to control it.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 03:09 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Yes, I am magical. If I smoke a rolled up sheet of A4 paper in front of a computer and then pass out, my dreams reveal unto me glimpses of the future.

No, the game's 10 years after the first. Though it's been hinted at that in the new areas of Rapture you'll explore, there will be similar entities. Rapture is simply too big for only two men to have ever tried to control it.

Interesting, wasn't this game supposed to be a prequel/sequel or is it a full out sequel now?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:49 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So is the Big Daddy you'll be playing look different from the others or will it look the same?

Does anyone think that Bioshock 2 should be in third person?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:50 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Nemesis X
So is the Big Daddy you'll be playing look different from the others or will it look the same?

Does anyone think that Bioshock 2 should be in third person?

Not really, no.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:51 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I only thought the game would be in third person because you'll be playing as a Big Daddy. Games that have you playing giant hulking figures are usually in third person view.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Not all the time, Bioshock 1 was in FPV so I don't see why that would change for 2.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 10:08 PM
Impediment
Endless

I just read the full article in this month's Game Informer magazine. It looks pretty awesome. I really hope that the whole "Big Sister" premise will work to our advantage.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2009 10:23 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Impediment
I just read the full article in this month's Game Informer magazine. It looks pretty awesome. I really hope that the whole "Big Sister" premise will work to our advantage.
Oh, I get it.

You wanna fvck 'em.

Can't blame you man, they are pretty damn sexy.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 12:19 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Big Daddies, Big sisters, what's next? Big Mothers and Big Brothers?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 12:32 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Big Poppa Pump
Big Boi
Big Show
Big Leage Chew
Big Ups

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 12:50 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
How do you know all this, just curious? You tend to know these little quirks about games and then they turn out true.

You're not magical are you?
Well it's not like it's not common knowledge.

This Big Daddy is a combination of the Rosie and Bouncer I believe, at least in terms of combat. It possesses the Drill of the Bouncer, and the Rivet Gun of the Rosie.

Somehow, you play a Big Daddy that has "gone rogue." It does not have some kind of mental attachment to a Little Sister, and like in the first game, if you kill a Big Daddy, you can Harvest the Little Sister. However your second option, is to adopt the Little Sister as your own. She can then harvest Adam from corpses with her raep needle, and while doing so you must protect her. Later, you can also apparently have the option of "rescuing" her from Rapture, not sure how that will work though.

Right now, the Big Sister is the most obvious antagonist. She is like a Big Daddy, but faster, more agile, with a raep needle similar to a Little Sister's, and can use Plasmids apparently, what I have seen was Telekinesis. As you kill Big Daddies, you upset the order of Rapture, which basically enters Big Sister into PMS mode, where she will actually actively hunt you down. So yeah, basically no matter where you are, you can be impaled by Big Sister's raep needle.

The developers interestingly enough want to make this game more frightening than the first one, which I imagine would be difficult, seeing as you're a Big Daddy lol.

Also, apparently there will be online Multiplayer.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 05:46 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank god for that. I might be able to actually play through this one then.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 06:43 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Horror Game + Playing as a Big Daddy = How the hell are you going to get scared when you play as a giant who owns splicers so badly?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 06:47 PM
NemeBro

Horror Game + Playing as a Big Daddy = How the hell are you going to get scared when you play as a giant who owns splicers so badly?
Well the Big Sister is better than the Big Daddy, and she actively hunts you.

And there will probably be more big baddies and stuff.

Or something. I dunno.

What I am looking most forward to is an epic Big Daddy vs. Big Daddy fight.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 06:51 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Well they did say that you'll fight other Big Daddies to get the Little Sisters.

I hear the release date for B2 is October 8.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 06:57 PM
NemeBro

Well they did say that you'll fight other Big Daddies to get the Little Sisters.

Awesome, ten days before my birthday. big grin

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 06:58 PM
NemeBro

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here is a small teaser site on Bioshock 2. I think Sea of Dreams was removed from the title honestly lol.

Also, on the upper left document, the guy who signed off's name was Inman. My last name lol.

http://www.somethinginthesea.com/

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 07:05 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Awesome, can't wait.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Not sure if this was posted yet, but here is a small teaser site on Bioshock 2. I think Sea of Dreams was removed from the title honestly lol.

Also, on the upper left document, the guy who signed off's name was Inman. My last name lol.

http://www.somethinginthesea.com/

Haha awesome. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 07:45 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Multiplayer will be a waste of time for this game. Anything besides Co-op that is.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2009 08:54 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote