KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » James Bond vs. Jack Bauer

James Bond vs. Jack Bauer
Started by: Gaevus Mesias

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RazorMesias

James Bond vs. Jack Bauer

1. Gunfight
2. hand-to-hand
3. all out

this is my last post for now since I tore ligaments in my knees, I already posted a thread on comicvine, and they said the Daniel Craig bond wins. I wanted 2 see what KMC thinks.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 08:07 PM
RazorMesias is currently offline Click here to Send RazorMesias a Private Message Find more posts by RazorMesias Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't watched much of 24 but i think bond would win, he has more gadgets and hes more stealthy. depending on where, it might be different.

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 08:47 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Bond has better weapons gadgets and training. Bond wins ever time.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 03:28 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Bond has better gadgets, but they are of no use to him in the first two scenarios.

Scenario 1: There have been many times when Jack has engaged a group of trained trained terrorists in direct gun fights, and obviously he always wins.
Winner: Bauer

Scenario 2: I can't decide here, they are both pretty good.
Winner: Tie.

Scenario 3: Not sure what is meant by all-out? Does this mean James Bond gets all his gadgets? Then he will get the edge.
Winner: Bond

Anyway, here's my take on (I repeat: My OPINION) the two characters, and I'll try to be unbiased.

Jack Bauer, being in Delta Force, SWAT and CTU definitely has more experience in CQB seeing he is in the field pretty much his whole adult life. IMO, this means he is more efficient with small arms and definitely has more experience with CQB tactics. His unarmed combat/H2H are also top tier. Being in the CIA, he has also honed his intelligence skills and knowledge.

Small Arms Efficiency: 5
CQB Tactics: 5
Unarmed Combat: 4
Stealth: 4
Intelligence: 4
Resources: 4
Resourcefulness: 4
Physical Fitness: 4
Exfiltration/Evasion: 4

Special Expertise: Special Weapons and Tactics, Military Operations Skills (e.g Helicopter Piloting, demolitions etc ) and Counter Terrorism.

James Bond, on the other hand, while I'm sure also has a impressive military record, has spent most of his later life working in espionage. Of course, he is still an assassin, and has vast experience in this aspect. Typically, Bond's style is more that of a spy, using his charm, deception and wits to accomplish his goals, a more classy character. Of course, make no mistake, he can resort to more drastic measures when he needs to, and he is definitely just as capable in that department. Also, he has a better intelligence skills due to his line of work. In addition, he also has a load of high tech gadgets.

Small Arms Efficiency: 4
CQB Tactics: 4
Stealth: 5
Intelligence: 5
Resources: 5
Physical Fitness: 5
Exfiltration/Evasion: 5

Special Expertise: Assassination, Infiltration by Stealth, Infiltration by going Undercover, efficient use of High tech gadgets and Espionage/Reconnaissance.

So IMO, they are both elite, but they also excel in different aspects. So overall, who is really better depends on the circumstances.

Also, sorry if this is irrelevant but I must include a stat profile for my favorite character:

Jason Bourne:

Unarmed Combat: 5
Resources: 2
Resourcefulness: 5

Special Expertise: Assassination, Infiltration, Exfiltration, Gathering Intelligence, Unarmed Combat, Operation of Automobiles, Survival Skills, Reconnaissance.

Key:

Small Arms Efficiency: Skill with small arms.

CQB Tactics: Knowledge and experience involving CQB Tactics

Unarmed Combat: Skill at H2H combat

Stealth: Ability to infiltrate an area undetected successfully

Intelligence: Experience and Knowledge in gathering intelligence.

Resources: Resources at his disposal. This includes gadgets, wealth and intelligence provided by external parties (e.g CTU or MI6) etc.

Resourcefulness: Ability to use objects or surrounding to one's advantage.

Physical Fitness: Level of Endurance, Strength, Speed and Agility.

Exfiltration/Evasion: Ability to evade enemies or get out of sticky situations unaided.

All categories rated out of 5.

Last edited by Placidity on Oct 29th, 2008 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 02:20 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Jack Bauer for sheer awesomeness

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 03:48 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
Bond has better gadgets, but they are of no use to him in the first two scenarios.

Scenario 1: There have been many times when Jack has engaged a group of trained trained terrorists in direct gun fights, and obviously he always wins.
Winner: Bauer

Scenario 2: I can't decide here, they are both pretty good.
Winner: Tie.

Scenario 3: Not sure what is meant by all-out? Does this mean James Bond gets all his gadgets? Then he will get the edge.
Winner: Bond

Anyway, here's my take on (I repeat: My OPINION) the two characters, and I'll try to be unbiased.

Jack Bauer, being in Delta Force, SWAT and CTU definitely has more experience in CQB seeing he is in the field pretty much his whole adult life. IMO, this means he is more efficient with small arms and definitely has more experience with CQB tactics. His unarmed combat/H2H are also top tier. Being in the CIA, he has also honed his intelligence skills and knowledge.

Stealth: 4
Intelligence: 4
Resources: 4
Physical Fitness: 4
Exfiltration/Evasion: 4

Special Expertise: Special Weapons and Tactics, Military Operations Skills (e.g Helicopter Piloting, demolitions etc ) and Counter Terrorism.

James Bond, on the other hand, while I'm sure also has a impressive military record, has spent most of his later life working in espionage. Of course, he is still an assassin, and has vast experience in this aspect. Typically, Bond's style is more that of a spy, using his charm, deception and wits to accomplish his goals, a more classy character. Of course, make no mistake, he can resort to more drastic measures when he needs to, and he is definitely just as capable in that department. Also, he has a better intelligence skills due to his line of work. In addition, he also has a load of high tech gadgets.

Small Arms Efficiency: 4
CQB Tactics: 4
Resources: 5

Special Expertise: Assassination, Infiltration by Stealth, Infiltration by going Undercover, efficient use of High tech gadgets and Espionage/Reconnaissance.

So IMO, they are both elite, but they also excel in different aspects. So overall, who is really better depends on the circumstances.

Also, sorry if this is irrelevant but I must include a stat profile for my favorite character:

Jason Bourne:

Unarmed Combat: 5
Resources: 2
Resourcefulness: 5

Special Expertise: Assassination, Infiltration, Exfiltration, Gathering Intelligence, Unarmed Combat, Operation of Automobiles, Survival Skills, Reconnaissance.

Key:

Small Arms Efficiency: Skill with small arms.

CQB Tactics: Knowledge and experience involving CQB Tactics

Unarmed Combat: Skill at H2H combat

Stealth: Ability to infiltrate an area undetected successfully

Intelligence: Experience and Knowledge in gathering intelligence.

Resources: Resources at his disposal. This includes gadgets, wealth and intelligence provided by external parties (e.g CTU or MI6) etc.

Resourcefulness: Ability to use objects or surrounding to one's advantage.

Physical Fitness: Level of Endurance, Strength, Speed and Agility.

Exfiltration/Evasion: Ability to evade enemies or get out of sticky situations unaided.

All categories rated out of 5.

wow,thats a tossup.all good pointss.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2011 08:43 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

oops

Old Post May 30th, 2012 07:06 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Bumped.

I agree with Placidity on the first two. I think by all out, he means "melee whatever's-in-reach" fight, in which, based on screenfeats, Bond may take the edge, since Bauer is more of a shooter than a fighter

I don't know though. Jack is worse than Mike Tyson in the H2H ring alone, since he goes for throats not ears wink. Also, anyone willing to watch the "Abu Fayed fight" I have in my sig shows a good scene of Bauer using improvised weapons. It's up for debate though

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 12:45 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote