KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Castlevania Judgment & Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Castlevania Judgment & Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

its not the best, i'd give that honor to one of the traditional sidescrollers

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2008 08:53 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ryn
Castlevania Judgement's going to be a waste. Come on, we don't need another Bleach wannabe kind of fighting game on the Wii, and that I've heard horror stories of. I don't see how shaking around the wiimote to do certain moves to be any kinds of fun whatsoever.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia on the other hand, pretty much the best Castlevania out of the series, pretty damn close to if not beating Symphony of the Night.

Yeah, I stuck to the gamecube controllers, they're the way to go.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 09:10 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Future Games: My prediction for the new PS3 game is that it's going to involve Alucard going after Galamoth in some form in the future and will hopefully have the return of Saint Germain. That guy was so badass. I'm also expecting some sort of Chronicles remake of Dracula's Curse and wouldn't be surprised if the next 3D title or the one after, be it the previously mentioned one or a near future game would involve the war fought in 1999 and would probably feature both Julius and St. Germain, and maybe even Charlotte from Portrait of Ruin as main characters based on what was said in the games.

What I would really like to see and what i think would really revamp the series is an idea that i think would work really well. Lately all the castlevania games that have worked or haven't have all emulated other games, i.e. bleach, metroid, ocarina of time (sorta, the n64 ones) and devil may cry. I propose the next game clean up some of the mess the lament of innocence created by being set in the mid 15th century and star Sonia Belmont in some sort of massive game of her own featuring within it a remake of Castlevania Legends. I would love for this particular game to try to ape Twilight Princess in its style and scope. The main thing I want is a big game that reintroduced Sonia and discerns that Dracula and Mathias Cronqvist are two different people. I also like the idea of Trevor being
Alucard's son. What do you guys think?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 11:17 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Future Games: My prediction for the new PS3 game is that it's going to involve Alucard going after Galamoth in some form in the future and will hopefully have the return of Saint Germain. That guy was so badass. I'm also expecting some sort of Chronicles remake of Dracula's Curse and wouldn't be surprised if the next 3D title or the one after, be it the previously mentioned one or a near future game would involve the war fought in 1999 and would probably feature both Julius and St. Germain, and maybe even Charlotte from Portrait of Ruin as main characters based on what was said in the games.

What I would really like to see and what i think would really revamp the series is an idea that i think would work really well. Lately all the castlevania games that have worked or haven't have all emulated other games, i.e. bleach, metroid, ocarina of time (sorta, the n64 ones) and devil may cry. I propose the next game clean up some of the mess the lament of innocence created by being set in the mid 15th century and star Sonia Belmont in some sort of massive game of her own featuring within it a remake of Castlevania Legends. I would love for this particular game to try to ape Twilight Princess in its style and scope. The main thing I want is a big game that reintroduced Sonia and discerns that Dracula and Mathias Cronqvist are two different people. I also like the idea of Trevor being
Alucard's son. What do you guys think?

Those are all good ideas. I hope they happen, haha.

As for me, I agre, there should be a 3D Castlevania game with a Twilight Princess scope, but should, for some reason, have the option to swithc between side-scrolling view, and Devil May Cry, style camera work. Not sure what that sort of camera work is called.

Reason I say this, is because of the nostalgia level Castlevania brings to me. I know so many Castlevania fans that will not deem a Castlevania game a true Castlevania game if it isn't side scrolling.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 11:32 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well, there's already a trailer out for the PS3 game that just features alucard standing on a hill. I would rater have over the shoulder third person a la zelda and especially combat on horseback.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 07:12 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Really? I have to see that trailer, I had no idea about it.

Horseback combat was great on Twilight Princess, hope they can add it to Castlevania.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 08:20 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

not counting the beginning of rondo of blood...

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 03:27 AM
Scythe
The Goat

not counting the beginning of rondo of blood...

I've yet to play that one, is it really good?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 04:29 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

definitely, the remake is great too

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 05:34 AM
Scythe
The Goat

definitely, the remake is great too

Cool, thank you. I bought Dracula X Chronicles for PSP today, I've yet started it though.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 06:35 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Yeah, try to unlock everything, there's music tracks, the original verison of Rodno of Blood, a cool enhanced port of Symphony of the Night, and even the infamous Akumayjo Dracula X Peke (a bizarre, bright and sunny mini game that would become playable if you popped rondo into a turbo grafx with the wrong graphics card installed).

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 03:18 AM
Scythe
The Goat

That last one, what the hell....?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 06:06 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

It's a short level set to the tune of Op. 13 where you play as a cutesy, south park style richter fighting weird purple zombies until you get to the end and an equally weird maria greets you. In the chronicles version you get a command to press start to quite, in the original version it tells you that you need the newer graphics card.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 08:53 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Crazy, I'll try to unlock all that.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 11:55 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

It's one of the last things you unlock, on one of your many runs through boss mode. to unlock everything you have to find all the hidden soundtracks and the hidden games in the levels, beat every boss, then, once it's unlocked, beat all three modes of boss rush under 20 minutes 3 times each. It's kind of a pain in the ass but considering how bad some of the new soundtrack is, the sound assign option can be really awesome.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 09:21 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I don't think I can do all that, oh my!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 07:04 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

meh, if you've played the old school games it's not too bad. Especially if you're using maria in boss rush and you know how to chain her secret guardian sith move. Just keep in mind that to rescue annette in the new version, you have to rescue everyone else first.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 10:26 PM
Scythe
The Goat

meh, if you've played the old school games it's not too bad. Especially if you're using maria in boss rush and you know how to chain her secret guardian sith move. Just keep in mind that to rescue annette in the new version, you have to rescue everyone else first.

I have no idea what you just said just now, but it sounds so cool...

I played the old games, but I kinda sucked at them, so I have a feeling this game might kick my ass.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 02:12 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

There's a lot of shit to do

Old Post Jan 27th, 2009 07:54 AM