KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Any old school players here?

Any old school players here?
Started by: NESJohnny

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
If Retro is for the Snes/Sega Era and further back

Just wondering, If you play the old games on the compilations (Capcom Classics Collections, Midway Arcade Treasures etc) for the PS2 and whatever else that has them are they still Retro ?

Depends if they have been modified or kept in tact, even then I'd say no since they are ports onto a disk and not the actual game cartridge designed to be played on the old home systems, but that's just me (maybe being a little pedantic there.)

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Oct 31st, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 10:17 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MasterAshenVor
Grey Jedi

For me its

SNES - Art of Fighting , Mega Man X , SNES Empire Strikes Back , SNES Star Wars , SNES Return of the Jedi

PC - All of the Old X-WING \ Tie Fighter Series , Quake II , Doom , Star Wars Rebel Assault Duology , Serious Sam The First / Second Encounter , (I Consider the year 2003-4 to be the end of old school gaming for me)

"I see more Grey than Light or Dark now days." - Jolee Bindo

"I will do what I must Obi-Wan." - Qui-Gon-Jinn

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 10:25 AM
MasterAshenVor is currently offline Click here to Send MasterAshenVor a Private Message Find more posts by MasterAshenVor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Kazenji
If Retro is for the Snes/Sega Era and further back

Just wondering, If you play the old games on the compilations (Capcom Classics Collections, Midway Arcade Treasures etc) for the PS2 and whatever else that has them are they still Retro ?

I would, I mean, they're still the same game.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 03:34 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Oh, I also play Quest for Glory. All except for V, because I hate the battle system.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 07:48 PM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Tetris, forever and always

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 08:06 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Tetris can tear relationships apart, much like Settlers of Catan.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 12:43 AM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by SmashBro
I'm an old school player. I not only like to play old school fighting games from the 90s, but I also still play some NES games. Luckily, I got some of those games downloaded to play on my Wii, as I miss playing them back when I had my NES and SNES systems.

I play games like:

Street Fighter 2 (all versions)
Mortal Kombat 1,2,3
World Heroes (got the collection. Ha!)
Super Mario 1, 3,
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
Mario Kart 64
Mega Man
Zelda
Donkey Kong Country
Sonic
Final Fight
Streets of Rage
Punch-Out!! (both NES and SNES)

I even still got my N64 and Dreamcast.

I can't believe I forgot to mention that.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 09:36 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

You do know there's actually 3 Punch out games.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 09:53 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Thought old school meant stuff from Atari n shit.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 10:00 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
You do know there's actually 3 Punch out games.

Only two for the consoles (with an upcoming third one).

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 10:44 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by SmashBro
Only two for the consoles (with an upcoming third one).

No there's actually two on the NES

http://screwattack.com/Europe/GLRC/PunchOut2

I'm surprised as well...technically Punch out, technically not.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 10:45 PM
Bro SMASH

Power Punch 2? sick

It tried to be Punch-Out but nah! no

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 11:38 PM
NemeBro

My favorite N64 game bar none was Starfox 64, which was also the first game I got for it, along with Super Mario 64, another great game.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 11:40 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Star Fox 64 upset me. I guess I'll just always prefer the original...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 04:08 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Davehead
Star Fox 64 upset me. I guess I'll just always prefer the original...

I never cared for the original, but I loved SF64.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 04:13 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by jaden101

pit fighter

I found my old Atari Lynx the other day, Pit Fighter was one of my favourites, along with Batman and Hockey

But one of the buttons doesnt work, and I'll be damned trying to find a new one or get it repaired....

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 11:26 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MIŠT
I found my old Atari Lynx the other day, Pit Fighter was one of my favourites, along with Batman and Hockey

But one of the buttons doesnt work, and I'll be damned trying to find a new one or get it repaired....

getting it repaired would probably be really cheap at any electrical repair shop...the circuit boards are really simple and generic and if it's a button it's probably just a connection

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2008 06:09 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vandalworks

yes but i simply dont have teh time to play my retro games anymore. will be tempted to sell tell the truth. got a nes, snes, mega drive, master system, saturn. my snes will be sorely missed... mario kart, all stars, and super mario land were the true classics. but, money and space is a nice thing to have.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 06:56 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thought old school meant stuff from Atari n shit.

To me, old school is anything that came outprior to Snes..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 4th, 2008 02:16 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

i love old school games like rock n roll racing for the snes and the origional zelda games big grin <...................fackin sweet big grin
i play warcraft more than ne thing these days tho lol

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 07:06 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote