KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Good or Evil: which side do you choose?

Which side did you choose?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Good 11 55.00%
Evil 9 45.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Good or Evil: which side do you choose?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I'm always on the good side when playing video games.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 05:15 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

First time through, I am always good. Second time through I usually go evil. (Especially if you get achievements for it.) I see it as you haven't completed a game unless you go through all endings.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 02:53 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I prefer playing evil, though it bothers me that the only evil you can be in video games is the straight out kill everything in your path sort of evil. You can't manipulate people into doing your bidding and stuff like that, which is a lot of fun as well.

Also, it annoys me that in games like KOTOR and Fable, it's more difficult to be evil.

At least in Fable, there's consequences to being evil. I always thought it incredibly lame and stupid in KOTOR, where you can be incredibly evil but nothing actually happens. There should be bouny hunters chasing after you and stuff like that, not people acting as though you're perfectly normal.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 06:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

In inFamous, a woman called me a loser and threw a rock at me. How did I respond to this? I just shockwaved a car and that car flipped and squashed that woman. I saw her moving so I blew up the car that was on her and she was no more evil face

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 07:09 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

chaotic good <_<

4 Serials, Good> Evil normally.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:12 PM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

EVIL!!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:52 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I usually go through these phases:

1. Good
2. Neutral
3. Evil
4. Satan Incarnate
5. Neutral
6. Saint

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 10:52 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bad everytime.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 11:46 PM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Good => Bad => Neutral

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 9th, 2009 11:53 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I could have sworn it was an unspoken rule among video gamers that you have to play through the game as good first, then evil. erm*

*Yes, that was for you, Nemebro. erm

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 02:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

[D&D reference]Chaotic Neutral??[/D&D reference]

Good, usually. Most of my experience with this choice is in RPG's or variations thereof, and there always seems to be better healing on the good side. I'll take heals over more damage any day.

But seriously, Chaotic Neutral. Best way to go.

yes

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 06:56 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'm currently the most evil SOB in Fallout.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 06:58 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
[D&D reference]Chaotic Neutral??[/D&D reference]

Good, usually. Most of my experience with this choice is in RPG's or variations thereof, and there always seems to be better healing on the good side. I'll take heals over more damage any day.

But seriously, Chaotic Neutral. Best way to go.

yes

Purely an matter of opinion, sir. You can only get so much done with chaos. wink

Oh, and D&D for the win. smile

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jul 10th, 2009 07:38 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Depends on the the game. In Bethseda games I tend to be good for the most part (don't really see the point of being evil in their games, cause you're either a necro or a psychopath if you go evil in their games).

In a few Bioware games (especially Jade Empire) it paid to be bad, like becoming a god emperor, and you could manipulate one person into your way of thinking.

Kotor 2 also allowed you to manipulate people to the dark side which was cool. So mostly good, except in games like Jade Empire or Kotor 2 where being bad is a lot better than being good.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 06:30 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Almost always good. I tend to feel bad when I play as a bad character, so I try and be a goodie as possible.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 12:54 AM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I always play Good. I don't usually play Evil at all.

dadudemon, your signature looks delicious.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 03:33 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OOBAEW
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good.

These games are generally created with the "good" path ultimately being the one you're supposed to and intended to take and as such they usually put much more thought and time into that route and everything generally fits together much better.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 04:32 AM
OOBAEW is currently offline Click here to Send OOBAEW a Private Message Find more posts by OOBAEW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I find that games that make you evil from the start (Dungeon keeper, Overlord etc) make me feel less evil overall because I have not actually made the decision to be evil, cruel etc

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 08:34 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Burning thought
I find that games that make you evil from the start (Dungeon keeper, Overlord etc) make me feel less evil overall because I have not actually made the decision to be evil, cruel etc

These games completely sap all the fun out of being an evil douchebag.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 11:37 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I could have sworn it was an unspoken rule among video gamers that you have to play through the game as good first, then evil. erm*

*Yes, that was for you, Nemebro. erm
Say what?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 04:02 PM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote