KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Should People Be Allowed to Marry Anime Characters?

Should People Be Allowed to Marry Anime Characters?
Started by: Dark-Jaxx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

Should People Be Allowed to Marry Anime Characters?

Last edited by NemeBro on Nov 9th, 2008 at 03:37 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 03:34 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alucard25

Wow thats just sad.

Signature made by Rogue Jedi

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 03:40 AM
Alucard25 is currently offline Click here to Send Alucard25 a Private Message Find more posts by Alucard25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Well that is an interesting point. If gays are allowed the right to marry then shouldn't the comic/manga otakus be allowed their happiness in a union with their two-dimensional life partner. The Bible even states that marriage is between a man and a woman, there is no specifications of the woman or man's dimesions. Do characters not have a soul and a personality? If I believe that Emma Frost understands me and is there for me mentally, physically and emotionally then is it not only right that I return those feelings to my queen. Like Air Bud, "Ain't no rules that the dog can't play!" So there ain't no rules that my wife must be three dimensional.

Now the only thing I must hope for is that 3-way with Kenshiro.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 03:59 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Well that is an interesting point. If gays are allowed the right to marry then shouldn't the comic/manga otakus be allowed their happiness in a union with their two-dimensional life partner. The Bible even states that marriage is between a man and a woman, there is no specifications of the woman or man's dimesions. Do characters not have a soul and a personality? If I believe that Emma Frost understands me and is there for me mentally, physically and emotionally then is it not only right that I return those feelings to my queen. Like Air Bud, "Ain't no rules that the dog can't play!" So there ain't no rules that my wife must be three dimensional.

...Actually I am sure that there is something stating that wives must be real, and I am serious...Not sure exact wording.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:01 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...Actually I am sure that there is something stating that wives must be real, and I am serious...Not sure exact wording.

Well I wouldn't know. Hell how would one introduce his "wife" to the family?

"Mother, this Sailor Mars and we're getting married."

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:12 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimBOFH

I guess that depends on how you define marriage, and the implications of it. Not sure what the exact situation in the US is, though I believe married couples can file joint tax returns (correct me if i'm wrong), but in Australia the tax system is quite favourable for married couples with children, compared to singles without children- there are a number of Family Tax Benefits etc. In my opinion couples who clearly aren't going to have children- whether they be gay or 2-dimensional- should not receive these same tax breaks etc, as the purpose of these is to make it financially easier to have children.
If however they just want some way of demonstrating their feelings and commitment in a formalised way, sure, go for it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:20 AM
jimBOFH is currently offline Click here to Send jimBOFH a Private Message Find more posts by jimBOFH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

...Is a serious discussion really starting to form?

I did not foresee such an outcome occurring.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:22 AM
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Re: Should People Be Allowed to Marry Anime Characters?

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
http://news.ninemsn.com/article.asp...839&rss=yes

Discuss. smile

Wow, that's amazing.

The closest he'll ever get to marrying a fictional character is if he dresses up a mannequin.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:29 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Me either. All of my posts weren't serious but it seems to be taken that way.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:36 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Unless scientists can develop a machine that can transport you into different dimensions, then yeah you can marry an anime woman.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 04:50 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimBOFH

Does anyone else think it's odd that "Journalists Drunken Rant" has a more prominent link than "20 die in nuclear sub accident" down the bottom of that story?

"Tell me, is it slavery when you get what you want?"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 05:46 AM
jimBOFH is currently offline Click here to Send jimBOFH a Private Message Find more posts by jimBOFH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

That person shud be taken to the mental institution immediately.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 06:13 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This is beyond retarded. I knew nerds were desperate, but I didn't know that they were this desperate.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 06:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

You are now all going to go to youtube and listen to the Sailor Moon theme song.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 06:29 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Maybe if most Japanese women didn't move to America and dated white men then maybe this situation wouldn't have happened.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 06:29 AM
Naija boy

The funniest/most stupid part was all that talk of wanting to live in a 2 dimensional world. lol a million times

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 07:09 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

I have few points...

1. God never taught us to love a fictional characters from a story. it's about human with human. not human with fictional human. this is a real life. not a 2D world. please understand... this is not right.

2. they just don't understand what is the meaning of marriage yet.

3. imagine if one anime girl (example : Honoka Sawatari) was married by 100000 mens. and those 100000 mens claims that Honoka is his wife. unless they agree that one anime girl can be married by more than 1 man, there will be a riot.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 03:34 PM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT I SAY

We are True Avengers

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 06:22 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This can't be real. I know some people can't be able to make **** like this up but come on now.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 06:55 PM
DolX1

Prefer the real thing. They can be cute but the real thing is much better.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 02:49 PM
DolX1 is currently offline Click here to Send DolX1 a Private Message Find more posts by DolX1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote